Little Muddle

KNP

OK, I’ll see what I can do.

I have a few pictures that need editing so I will see what I can do.

Been working on Cold! planting conifers and building fences.

More important, how are you feeling?

Hi Kevin, much better thanks, still resting though.

As I have mentioned many times before once I have set all the photographic gear up I take a large selection of pictures so I have, at present, about 2 dozen waiting in the folder for editing from Post Focus into single merged pictures.

So after Andy's request here are a few I have rattled off through Affinity....

attachicon.gif1157.jpg

attachicon.gif1156.jpg

Then hearing this the Squadron Leader wheeled out his newly acquired RE8 and with Ken in the observer seat (after much persuasion I might add) they did a quick recon mission as well.

attachicon.gif1158.jpg

attachicon.gif1159.jpg

Love that aerial shot with the train disappearing in the trees  :clapping:. We often try to have the trains in view all the time but it looks so much better when they disappear and reappear as in real life. Following your recommendation I have just got a trial of Affinity to see how it goes.

• Like 2

As I have mentioned many times before once I have set all the photographic gear up I take a large selection of pictures so I have, at present, about 2 dozen waiting in the folder for editing from Post Focus into single merged pictures.

So after Andy's request here are a few I have rattled off through Affinity....

attachicon.gif1157.jpg

attachicon.gif1156.jpg

Then hearing this the Squadron Leader wheeled out his newly acquired RE8 and with Ken in the observer seat (after much persuasion I might add) they did a quick recon mission as well.

attachicon.gif1158.jpg

attachicon.gif1159.jpg

Like / Thanks / Craftsman Clever / Taa Kevin.

I can only agree with other posts in that it is a very impressive layout modeled to a standard that very few of us could achieve

I was particularly interested by the way you made the trees as it was a method I had not seen before, I've used sea moss previously which look pretty good but I feel are let down a bit by the thinness of the trunk at ground level.

Anyway inspired by your article I found an American supplier who would ship to Europe and ordered some Sage Brush Armatures, they finally turned up last week and I was able to build my first tree with materials to hand.

Even by my standards it looks really good and is the most natural looking tree on the layout so I can't wait now to get a selection of vary coloured leaf material so that more can be produced.

Richard

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Anyway inspired by your article I found an American supplier who would ship to Europe and ordered some Sage Brush Armatures, they finally turned up last week and I was able to build my first tree with materials to hand.

Richard

Was this from the same retailer mentioned earlier in the thread Richard ?

Was this from the same retailer mentioned earlier in the thread Richard ?

No I don't think so, I tried the the website listed on this thread first and it said that they were not shipping outside the US at the moment so later on I did a search and found www.scenicexpress.com which would ship to Europe, so unless the original company had changed their policy that's where I bought them from.

The actual items are listed as EX0240 Super Sage value packs in their product range

• RMweb Gold

No I don't think so, I tried the the website listed on this thread first and it said that they were not shipping outside the US at the moment so later on I did a search and found www.scenicexpress.com which would ship to Europe, so unless the original company had changed their policy that's where I bought them from.

The actual items are listed as EX0240 Super Sage value packs in their product range

http://www.sceneryexpress.com/SuperSage-Material/products/1012/

• RMweb Gold

Sagebrush is a member of the Artemisia family and several varieties are commonly grown in UK gardens.

The most well-known is "Powys Castle" and it does get woody and leggy over time, just the like photos of American Sagebrush on Wikipedia...

Hmmm...

• RMweb Gold

The other day when local photographer, Ken Dobettar, was at Middle Farm he was able to catch 4825 steaming past to Encombe with a small mixed goods train.

More importantly attached was the new Toad which up to this point had not be seen in action....!!!!

attachicon.gif1163.jpg

attachicon.gif1162.jpg

attachicon.gif1161.jpg

Slight oversight there by the operating team, I believe, as all attention seemed to have been focused on CBC Cold! recently....

A question for all those learned colleagues who follow this topic - would I be better off removing the word 'Paddington' from the side of the Toad and leave it blank? 

In theory it would have been very unusual for a van to get that far adrift in those days -.especially as the only person who would have had the necessary key to get into that one should have been a Paddington Goods Guard.  Which might suggest a course of action to you, but what name would you put on it instead?

In theory it would have been very unusual for a van to get that far adrift in those days -.especially as the only person who would have had the necessary key to get into that one should have been a Paddington Goods Guard.  Which might suggest a course of action to you, but what name would you put on it instead?

I was planning to leave it blank?

The other day when local photographer, Ken Dobettar, was at Middle Farm he was able to catch 4825 steaming past to Encombe with a small mixed goods train.

More importantly attached was the new Toad which up to this point had not be seen in action....!!!!

attachicon.gif1163.jpg

attachicon.gif1162.jpg

attachicon.gif1161.jpg

Slight oversight there by the operating team, I believe, as all attention seemed to have been focused on CBC Cold! recently....

A question for all those learned colleagues who follow this topic - would I be better off removing the word 'Paddington' from the side of the Toad and leave it blank? 

Thank goodness for that, some pics at last for this poor model pic starved old person, :O hahhaha

L O V E L Y :sungum:

You could leave the 'dd' of Paddington, and add the rest of 'Little Muddle' with hand drawn paint, as if the van had been 'liberated'.

Or just leave the 'dd' and say it came from Bristol!!!!