New brand, new model - Rails Limited - LNER Dynamometer car

Andy Y

• 3 weeks later...

Take a look at the latest images (Courtesy of Railway Modeller) of our exclusive OO Gauge Dynamometer Car!

The sample is undecorated but shows the level of detail the model will have, both inside and outside!

Remember with Dynamometer car will have a full interior lighting to show off the interior controls and detail.

We have taken a high number of pre-orders already and if you are wanting one we recommend pre-ordering asap to avoid disappointment. Due Q1 2018

https://railsofsheffield.com/exclusive

attachicon.gifRails dynamometer car 002.jpg

attachicon.gifRails dynamometer car 001.jpg

attachicon.gifRails - Dynamometer interior.jpg

attachicon.gifRails dynamometer car 003.jpg

Any chance of an update on this please

Any chance of an update on this please

Should be available in the first quarter of 2018 and will have more details on this in the new year hopefully with a livery sample photo.

Hi, Yes that is correct. Still due Q1 2018. Rapido are currently just finalising the all important teak finish. We should have a livery sample early January.

Thanks

Oliver

Exquisite model!  I have placed an order!

An anecdote of which I cannot recall the source.

In private,  Gresley was  sceptical as to  results of LMS  locomotive performance dynamometer tests by Stanier announced  via the Institute of Mech Eng.

The astute Gresley chose his moment requesting the loan of the same  LMS dynamometer car for the purpose of "sorting  out" an "issue" with the LNER car.

The tests by Gresley showed the LMS car in operation  had design faults which confirmed his suspicions.

The Stanier  car may be  the ex-L&Y car inherited by the LMS,  and is  restored and preserved, the car had a mechanical computer acting as  an integrator.

Not sure as to the fault with the car but I think it was a problem of  mechanical hysteresis  in the drawbar mechanism  giving rise to exaggerated values  of actual drawbar pull and locomotive exertion.

Does anyone recognise the book or journal source of this anecdote?

The preserved L&Y car:

http://www.prclt.co.uk/45050-dynamometer-car.html

Edited by Pandora

Exquisite model!  I have placed an order!

An anecdote of which I cannot recall the source.

In private,  Gresley was  sceptical as to  results of LMS  locomotive performance dynamometer tests by Stanier announced  via the Institute of Mech Eng.

The astute Gresley chose his moment requesting the loan of the same  LMS dynamometer car for the purpose of "sorting  out" an "issue" with the LNER car.

The tests by Gresley showed the LMS car in operation  had design faults which confirmed his suspicions.

The Stanier  car may be  the ex-L&Y car inherited by the LMS,  and is  restored and preserved, the car had a mechanical computer acting as  an integrator.

Not sure as to the fault with the car but I think it was a problem of  mechanical hysteresis  in the drawbar mechanism  giving rise to exaggerated values  of actual drawbar pull and locomotive exertion.

Does anyone recognise the book or journal source of this anecdote?

The preserved L&Y car:

http://www.prclt.co.uk/45050-dynamometer-car.html

It's mentioned in F A S Brown's biography of Sir Nigel, which has just surfaced after a house move, and confirms my memory that it was the 'Royal Scots' performance that aroused Gresley's suspicions.  F A S B cites E S Cox as the source of the information, so it may well be somewhere in his writings as well.

D

I have seen this before.  Great piece of footage behind a C7 pulling open wagons.

The Dyno car looks like it is still in NER colours.  No teak look of the LNER and Preservation.

That maybe another model for the future to get another run out of it.

Are you going to supply four figures as per the footage?  On that note how easy is it to pull the coach apart and put some in?

Mark

• 5 weeks later...