Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

2ManySpams

I had two goldfish once, one was called 'Royal Tank Regiment' the other was called '5th Royal inniskilling Dragoon Gaurds'. Both didn't live for too long, and I have never been allowed to name a pet since. Though our dog 'Murphy' gets called 'Concrete Bob" when he is on our bed and wont move no matter how much to try and push out of the way. The sad bit is when I called him 'Concrete Bob' the first time my wife knew it was a name from a class 37/4.

Here is your Favourite class 50 at Millbrook, from memory one of the last ones to keep the older NSE livery.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-86980800-1316257344_thumb.jpg

Edited by P.C.M
  • Like 3

I had two goldfish once, one was called 'Royal Tank Regiment' the other was called '5th Royal inniskilling Dragoon Gaurds'. Both didn't live for too long, and I have never been allowed to name a pet since. Though our dog 'Murphy' gets called 'Concrete Bob" when he is on our bed and wont move no matter how much to try and push out of the way. The sad bit is when I called him 'Concrete Bob' the first time my wife knew it was a name from a class 37/4.

Here is your Favourite class 50 at Millbrook, from memory one of the last ones to keep the older NSE livery.

Cheers Peter.

Peter,

What a fabulous picture - and engine!

One thing that always puzzled me when she was in this state, was the black around the windows. Had it worn through the white or been painted on?

No modelling again today, see below....

post-8734-0-32241700-1316284784_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-24226900-1316285289_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
richard60098[/url]' timestamp='1315690265' post='484003']

Hornby dcc on board 56032 rtr in metals is the one to use for 013 no need for a re-spray then and no the yellow 37 was suppost to go to nr but it never happened as far as i know? Atleast its painted up in something thou unlike the rusted messy 37255 residing there! You'd think they'd do something about that but nope obviously there not wanting to sort her out and give her a lick of paint to stop her rusting up completely!

I beg to differ.

56013 was built at Electroputa in Romana, therefore the only Hornby Class 56 body with the correct cab windows & cantrail grilles is R2645 56013 in BR Blue. R2751 56003 in Loadhaul livery has the right cab windows, but post 96 mod Loadhaul cantrail grilles. R2645 is quite a rarity now, well on a certain Internet auction site.

56032 (R2752) is a model of the second built at Doncaster, although it shares the same profile window screens (and aluminium cab skins of Romanain built 56001-56030), the cab windows where revised to one piece, as found on 56031-56135.

Edited by richierich

• RMweb Gold

Ah yes, seaweed...... But where and when did it run to and from?

And for that matter, why draft in a PGA, there must have been plenty of HEA's available...

Discussion on previous version of RMweb

EDIT - Calcified seaweed from Fal estuary loaded at Truro and the HEAs were used to deliver coal to the EEC power station at Drinnick if i remember right....

Edited by Ramblin Rich

Rich,

Many thanks for the link, and apologies for not bothering to search for myself....

Clive.

Hi Damian,

I am pretty sure the black was painted over the white, so it's the white showing through the faded black.

Cheers Peter.

Discussion on previous version of RMweb

EDIT - Calcified seaweed from Fal estuary loaded at Truro and the HEAs were used to deliver coal to the EEC power station at Drinnick if i remember right....

Thanks for all the info guys.

I'm coming to the conclusion that you learn more about your subject once you've modelled it and put it out there for debate...

Brilliant!

• RMweb Gold

And there was I, thinking 51K must be an engine shed somewhere up North East! Thornaby was 51L. Whatever, a long way from St Blazey, and 51038 hits as I type. I suspect that recent discussions about the diesels rather than the infrastructure will have swelled the ranks of admirers, too.

Well done!

One thing that always puzzled me when she [50026] was in this state, was the black around the windows. Had it worn through the white or been painted on?

There were a couple of 50s with "sunglasses". Along with 26, 24 (one end only). I'm not sure if there were others.

I've always assumed that after making repairs around the windscreens they didn't have any white paint so they painted them black.

Talking of Calcified Seaweed traffic, I've just found this picture in my collection....

post-9877-0-05831500-1316980102_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I no longer have my notes so I dont know the exact date, but I reckon its September 89. Note the clay spillage on the trackbed from a derailment earlier that summer.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hey nice Mr spams

Fancy posting those there layout pic's you took from Trura show??

I didn't really take any (as usual), so would be appreciated

DJ

D

Are these the ones you're thinking of?:

The weekend consisted of some beer:

post-6675-0-30368300-1317058778_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-25234300-1317058786_thumb.jpg

Pasties:

post-6675-0-07292300-1317058803_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-38538400-1317058793_thumb.jpg

Happy puddings:

post-6675-0-70415600-1317058760_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-23389700-1317058867_thumb.jpg

And people in deep thought:

post-6675-0-48847200-1317058770_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-63083600-1317058821_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice Pastie in the Cakehole shots! San Miguel beer, John????

I'll give Cornwall (and the UK in general) top marks for meat pies and pasties BUT New York is numero uno for Cheese Cake......................................................

At the weekend I was drinking Fuller's "London Pride" in NYC - from bottles. Tasted good though.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 2

I am beginning to wonder if you will have any special dietary requirements when you come to Trainwest in April.

Geoff Endacott

The last photo shows their "Personal Chef" awaiting the next food order..............................

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

The last photo shows their "Personal Chef" awaiting the next food order..............................

Best, Pete.

Well Pete, our "Personal chef" (aka Jayne) was just about to book us a taxi to a local hostelry famous for pies and pasties!

The draught San Miguel was very good and went well with the "pie of the moment". Tonight I'm on some Belgian bottled stuff and I'm trying to convince Jayne to make - guess what!

All the best, John