Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bargain Hunters Mark 2

I think we need to thoroughly test their stock control.

So if you could all purchase one of the Castle sets @ £120 we shall see if there truly are 151.

Who'll go first?

Not me, wrong era

I refer my esteemed colleague to post 883 above....

For all you sound addicts:   Maplins have a selection of various good quality ABC 4 and 8 ohm speakers, at discounted prices, typically £1.89 each - just cleared out my local store  :jester:

What are you doing? This isn't a thread about bargains, this is a thread about the vagaries of Hereford Model Centre's stock control system. Did you know that if you order something from them, the stock level goes down by one? There's a wonderful cosmic balance that on the day Stephen Hawking dies, this whole new era of discovery dawns.

Edited by Cleefy

• RMweb Premium

There were 23 posts yesterday, most, if not all, were about stock levels of a certain item.

Was that really necessary? Just because you can comment doesn't mean you need to. Seems people haven't got anything better to do that sit on here and make comments that don't, in the main, add anything to the thread.

We've been here several times before and it doesn't seem to have sunk in for some.

Rant over.

Rob

• Like 1

There were 23 posts yesterday, most, if not all, were about stock levels of a certain item.Was that really necessary? Just because you can comment doesn't mean you need to.

Well said!

Noise' like this doesn't help anyone. It just makes the useful content even harder to find in this very noisy place.

Most likely that multiple buyers at the same time right at the end caused the issue, with some getting their purchase and the others not.

I have nothing to complain about - having dithered and left it right to the last moment before deciding that I'd quite like one, I placed my order as the "stock level" dropped down from 2 to 1. Far from the end of the world.

Edit: Having read a comment a few posts above, I see the "Shut up if you don't have a bargain to post" viewpoint surfaces again. Fair comment, but have the HMC posts really cost you more than a minute of your precious time scrolling through this thread? Just pass them by if no interest to you. This forum is a wealth of useful info mingled with an even bigger wealth of drivel that needs to be waded through and added to or ignored according to taste. I got used to that ages ago and it pretty well sums up the entire internet.

Edited by Pete 75C
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The beauty of forums are , that if you see a thread you dont like, dont read it.    Many here were disappointed by not getting their bargain, and felt  the need to report that. .   john

This topic is not a "thread". It's for posting bargains, usually one offs. So there's no need for threads. A thank you is fine but please use the "Tx" button.

I had 23 "bargain" emails yesterday to deal with, none of which were a bargain, and we don't all read the topic on line.

Please consider whether you really need to post before doing so. Or take your conversation and open another topic, as has been suggest before.

I hope we can see sense and be gentlemanly about this, thank you.

I'll not reply any more as this is cluttering the topic itself.

Rob

• Like 2

Well said!

Noise' like this doesn't help anyone. It just makes the useful content even harder to find in this very noisy place.

There is no right to have a single place with removed noise... People like discussion, hence they post it and people respond... I would perhaps suggest for bargains a fair in-between would be a Reddit style place as each bargain would have it's own segment with it's own comments. 

"The odd discussion and question about said bargains are welcomed"

And on a forced hunt to find a bargain to stay on topic: https://www.track-shack.com/acatalog/Bachmann-Scenecraft-44-531-Concrete-Bollards-x-10-Bachmann-Scenecraft-44-531.html I got some of these the other day! Very cheap compared to a lot of shops, especially given they have cheaper postage rates there as they actually do letter sizes!

Edited by centraltrains

In LIDL today there are Chalk pastels at £2.49 for a large box. These can be used for weathering.

What was the stock level?

I'm sorry - I couldn't resist that... I'll go away now.

:jester:

I had 23 "bargain" emails yesterday to deal with, none of which were a bargain,

Talk about first world problems. However did you cope with that punishing workload?

What you get from this thread, or any other thread on RMWeb if you use the feature, is notifications of new postings. Sometimes those won't actually be bargains. That's the nature of online forums. It's been discussed to death on here before, and led to the locking of the original thread. To avoid that kind of thing happening again I'd suggest that some people need to grow up a bit, deal with some of the admittedly occasionally annoying vagaries of human behaviour, and stop expecting a *free* forum to provide *exactly* what they want all the time (shades of the recent "why don't people answer my questions?" thread).

Edited by ejstubbs

• RMweb Gold

And on a forced hunt to find a bargain to stay on topic: https://www.track-shack.com/acatalog/Bachmann-Scenecraft-44-531-Concrete-Bollards-x-10-Bachmann-Scenecraft-44-531.html I got some of these the other day! Very cheap compared to a lot of shops, especially given they have cheaper postage rates there as they actually do letter sizes!

I opened that and I wasn’t sure you were giving me the finger, or something fallic at first.

After a few seconds I agree with you it is a whole load of bargain bollards I can see. (But I didn’t need to click the link to see that :-)

To avoid tension, here my bargain of the day..

some Fine brown ballast

https://arcanesceneryandmodels.co.uk/shop/ballast-fine-brown-woodland-scenics-b72/

£4.50, though I think it’s unscented.

Edited by adb968008