Bargain Hunters Mark 2

• RMweb Gold

Anyone after DCC copper bus tape, Poundland have slug repellant rape in at the mo, 2M £1

F1A50E63-5AEF-4336-8C82-C8BD0D671060.jpg

I’m using similar stuff instead of wires in coaching stock to get power to illuminate the interiors

Edited by big jim

Anyone after DCC copper bus tape, Poundland have slug repellant rape in at the mo, 2M £1

F1A50E63-5AEF-4336-8C82-C8BD0D671060.jpg

I’m using similar stuff instead of wires in coaching stock to get power to illuminate the interiors

although it says slugs there is a picture of a snail. Looks like they aren't repelled ! :)

Think the BR blue ones have gone - just checked the website and couldn’t find any.

I can't see any Blue ones either, and note that the Lime/ Chestnut and W.R. Green variants are showing as "on order", so maybe they're doing a clearance for Heljan?

John.

Hereford Model Centre has a number of specials.  Mostly 00 but some 0 guage.  They commissioned these some years ago, but haven't raised their prices.  Consequently, today they look like bargains!

I never get how the 108 is still there... Seen them go for more than the new price 2nd hand on eBay... I got one from their stand at Warley a few years ago and love it!!!

I don't think HMCs website is very SEO optimized which probably makes knowledge for their availability a tad poor.

I never get how the 108 is still there... Seen them go for more than the new price 2nd hand on eBay... I got one from their stand at Warley a few years ago and love it!!!

I don't think HMCs website is very SEO optimized which probably makes knowledge for their availability a tad poor.

It's worth a look through every so often. A couple of years ago I found their last Hornby Northumbrian add on coach pack hidden away on the site. Three super detail Gresleys for £65 I recall.

My lady wife has just returned home, with a Sprog 2, and a Sprog 3, she bought at a secondhand shop for £45. I know nothing about them. Does anyone use them. Keen to try them out. john

You can find information here about them: http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/

Considering a Sprog2 is usually £45 and a Sprog 3 is £60 (-25% if you're a merg member) £45 is a good deal.

Depending upon the version of the Sprog2, it might be a pain to get working with Windows 10.

My lady wife has just returned home, with a Sprog 2, and a Sprog 3, she bought at a secondhand shop for £45. I know nothing about them. Does anyone use them. Keen to try them out. john

Hello John,

Don't know about them personally, but you might find what you're looking for over in DCC section of RMweb :)

• RMweb Gold

Has she got all the components?, if so, as stated, the girl done well.

Mike.

£45 for two kids, sounds expensive to me. Ours cost us nothing til we got em home, then the bills started coming in, and never stopped.

If you want to try them out, you could send them up a chimney. Apparently chimney sweeps still use em, the concept of child cruelty hasn’t penetrated their fraternity yet....

• RMweb Gold

Just ordered one, almost did when they first came out. Used to ride on a dragon emblazoned one regularly in about 1987 from memory, between Darlington and Redcar Central...... Will sell ordinary blue/ grey 108, probably for a bit more than this one.....so thank you.

post-18087-0-29574100-1520631195_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just ordered one, almost did when they first came out. Used to ride on a dragon emblazoned one regularly in about 1987 from memory, between Darlington and Redcar Central...... Will sell ordinary blue/ grey 108, probably for a bit more than this one.....so thank you.

attachicon.gifDec 87 4 (2).JPG

Purchased one this morning to go with the class 37 that i had off them some years ago. Thanks for letting everyone know they still have them in stock. 

Edited by andymac-2008

• RMweb Premium

Purchased one this morning to go with the class 37 that i had off them some years ago. Thanks for letting everyone know they still have them in stock. 

At this rate it won't be as many....

Got one last november - staggered to see that they still had them the other day, so I bought another!

Definitely a bargain at that price, I might get a third......

(Currently down to 21 left!)

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 1

Got one last november - staggered to see that they still had them the other day, so I bought another!

Definitely a bargain at that price, I might get a third......

(Currently down to 21 left!)

Did you buy the third as currently down to 20!

Noticed this one and without any research it looks like a bargain:

Usual statement: I can assure you I have no association, just a casual observer!

http://herefordmodels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=524_1&products_id=6079

Edited by Widnes Model Centre