Bargain Hunters Mark 2

Good afternoon everyone,

Some special offers on here, I've just grabbed myself a Patriot

http://sawyermodels....=special-offers

All the best

Charles 

You've just cost me £80 for a DJM '71' :jester:

I had hitherto resisted, but at that price........

Good afternoon,

As they say you can't take it with you so I am glad I was able to help take that burden of what to do with your money off you :)

I've always wanted one of the Collectors Club BR Black Patriots but at £164.95 it put me off. Purchased one today for just £129.95 with free P&P I couldn't say no! Noticed they've the Exhibitions Intercity coach & N gauge Caledonian Fairburn in at special offer prices as well.

All the best

Charles 

• RMweb Gold

Help us to celebrate World Book Day today 1st March, if you are bored with the snow and the cold have a wander across to our website www.strathwood.co.uk and enter the code RMWEB at the checkout and claim yourself a further 15% discount on your order.

Kevin Derrick

Strathwood Publishing

post-10498-0-23154500-1519893734.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Bure valley models have some bargains on.

Always worth a look, they do good prices and seem to not sell out of stuff too quickly.

As usual no connection just a happy customer.

https://mailchi.mp/dd31a61434f6/october-model-show-and-bargains-403847?e=7055aa8a0d

Nik

Thanks for that Nik, couldn't resist a Hornby 08 with TTS at £120.00

Bill.

Already sold ! Why Bachmann have never (yet) re-released this, instead of (for example) producing brand new models of obscure kettles most of us have never heard of, is one of the mysteries of the age.

Already sold ! Why Bachmann have never (yet) re-released this, instead of (for example) producing brand new models of obscure kettles most of us have never heard of, is one of the mysteries of the age.

Didn't someone from Bachmann say that one of the moulds for the 45 is damaged and that's why it hasn't been re-released or am I thinking of something else?

• RMweb Premium

Don't all "Peaks" look the same then? :jester:

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Didn't someone from Bachmann say that one of the moulds for the 45 is damaged and that's why it hasn't been re-released or am I thinking of something else?

I understood it was the licencing deal with Modelzone, forbidding Bachy from bringing it out.

• RMweb Premium

Although you would have thought with ModelZone in its various incarnations now gone the way of the proverbial Dodo that this should no longer be an issue.

• RMweb Gold

Although you would have thought with ModelZone in its various incarnations now gone the way of the proverbial Dodo that this should no longer be an issue.

Depends, if they own the tooling, then it’s an asset that belongs to somebody, even if it’s an administrator managed asset.

Even if it’s contractual only, and Bachmann own the tooling.. the contract is enforceable by the administrator or whoever owns the IP assets of Modelzone. (For example extreme but...if MZ’s owners had lifetime exclusivity of making sealed beam peaks.. well that could be the end of the whole discussion until a new peak is tooled unless the contract was bought out from whoever manages that contract).

It could be a nightmare, to the point it might not even be worth producing, even if that meant making a new tooling to replace it and not using the original.

We don’t know the ins and outs of the deal and the creditor process. it’s quite possible that no one actually knows, or that it is known but agreement with administrators could take too long and cost too much to resolve... Hence no peak.

Edited by adb968008

Think they need to come up with something more than 30% off a unknown variety of blue but defiantly not rail blue 73 to shift them

I think the model was a limited edition for the Dapol club.

The other 73 is weathered and I have never seen that one like that before

You've just cost me £80 for a DJM '71' :jester:

I had hitherto resisted, but at that price........

It arrived on Friday, at work, but I wasn't there; looks rather better 'in the flesh' than any of the pics I've seen.

Not had chance to run it yet though :(

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1