• RMweb Premium

Perhaps his name is Jean, not Short?

Wot a french geezer called Jean, cos only in France do they call blokes Jean, wearing shorts (cos its too 'ot to wear jeans) in Radstock.  What is the world coming to? :scratchhead: :scratchhead: :scared:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps his name is Jean, not Short?

Are you thinking of Farthing & Short, purveyors of the finest quality white goods and all things electric (all 3 of them) ?

No idea if they are still there in Midsomer Norton, I moved to Bath just before the actual supply of electricity reached there.

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

Oh, back to work this morning after two weeks off (holiday).

This is the best image I could find to sum up my thoughts as I was attempting a good enough reason to get up.

post-1328-0-62501600-1533646952.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've had worse from a pussy ;)

Bliddy Nora !

So will you be calling your layout "Scratchy Bottom " then ! :)

G.Ermaline

"Scratchy End" as it's destined to be a branch line terminus ;)

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thank you for asking Sir,

Well, not much at all in the way of train sets really, in fact the nearest I've got anywhere near anything like one is the purchase of a book by some chap called Castens about an old midland locomotive and some crazy Vicars.

Other than that, I've been creating a money pit in the form of building a brand new (and up to date) computer.

I must apologise to all the chaps for jumping off on massive tangents and disappearing occasionally, although some whinging going on over on the EM-Gate thread coincided with me having the odd browse the other day.

I couldn't leave without comment.

TTFN ;)

Well, not much at all in the way of train sets really, in fact the nearest I've got anywhere near anything like one is the purchase of a book by some chap called Castens about an old midland locomotive and some crazy Vicars.

Other than that, I've been creating a money pit in the form of building a brand new (and up to date) computer.

I must apologise to all the chaps for jumping off on massive tangents and disappearing occasionally, although some whinging going on over on the EM-Gate thread coincided with me having the odd browse the other day.

TTFN ;)

Good to hear from you TD and glad you're ok.

These modern new fangled Komputeers can be a problem to build but why not go one further and make it part of the furniture !

You know ya wanna !!!

post-20303-0-93940900-1542563833.jpg

S.Punk

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Good to hear from you TD and glad you're ok.

These modern new fangled Komputeers can be a problem to build but why not go one further and make it part of the furniture !

You know ya wanna !!!

attachicon.gif1-Steampunk-Command-Desk–Bruce-Rosenbaum.jpg

S.Punk

That's the one in Horrocksford Town Hall, isn't it?

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

TTFN ;)

Hi Tim

I am not going to join the EMGS.

Don't want to.

Mind you I don't want EM track, EM points made by Peco etc etc

So need to.

Those who do good on them.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Don't get too excited but...

It's going to be a bit longer but not as fat.

Earlier this week I gave some geezer £324 sheets for a pile of wood.  He's going to fry them up and post them to me in about 5-6 weeks.

Today I further rinsed my bank account to purchase an EFE Gate Set from those Cornish bu99ers and a Black Motor from Spare Peter's.

That is it for now...

Edited by Tim Dubya
lead poisoning / red squirrels
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Watching with some interest, Von Dubb. 

Rob. 

Thanks Rob,

One of the original boards is now the surface of my workbench-in-a-cupboard, which I built last summer. 

IMG_20210827_194758619.jpg.0e55d6349459e3b92574295f82598e45.jpg

We had the house completely rebuilt last year too, jacked the top up, removed and rebuilt the walls and dropped the top back on. 

I took some extra days at work two years back and haven't really had much time, which has taken it's toll but I've kicked that in the arse and got the Horn.  

Pete.jpg.6a60188b8753bb4a96ad5fcc7d33a524.jpg

The new boards will have a permanent home across the width of the back bedroom, 9' total (6' scenic).  This was imposed on Mrs Dubya... but she gets the room decorated* whilst she goes on holiday to Malta, the week after next.

* I have just had a Weston's order delivered, so I can't guarantee this will actually happen.

No breath holding, I'll be back, hopefully a damn sight quicker than the last time.

:rolleyes_mini:

* that's Pete in the picture, I don't know him but he's there for illustration purposes only.

Edited by Tim Dubya
too scared to watch wheelchair rugby
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Tim Dubya said:

Today I further rinsed my bank account to purchase an EFE Gate Set from those Cornish bu99ers and a Black Motor from Spare Peter's.

But those two don't don't go together you need something named after a mobile phone network for the Gate set and van of the road for the motor.  You are about to be fleeced some more.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

But those two don't don't go together you need something named after a mobile phone network for the Gate set and van of the road for the motor.  You are about to be fleeced some more.

Oh pants!

got a Wills (SEF?) detailing kit for a M7, bound to be some gubbins to nail them together in there, that should do the trick...

on the other hand could just whack my pull-push fitted T-Mobile thingymebob jobbie from they Cornish lot on one end (choice of one).

Don't think Mickey mices were the same system as the southern lot?  But I don't need to worry about that cos I ain't got a pp fitted one.

Thought about getting a transit for the 700 but I can't justify the price for a single wagon, no matter how gurt ace it is.  Plus I think I've got a D&S? kit for one in a box somewhere (if I don't build it I can always sell it to fund my retirement ;) )

Edited by Tim Dubya
Ratatouille
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

You are about to be fleeced some more.

Oi! 

sheep-967169-01.jpeg

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

No breath holding, I'll be back, hopefully a damn sight quicker than the last time.

Good to see you in action again. It was worth the wait.

6 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

too scared to watch wheelchair rugby

An incredible sport - but only to watch.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Well, Betty's rocked up courtesy of DHL a whole 4 days earlier than advised and will get a good thrashing on the road in due course.

799703618_IMG_20210828_1021234812.jpg.5d791c438a0c5e3c840e76d65df4aaf9.jpg

Scored some sleeper grime last night too and a rivet closing tool from the EMGS stores.  I think any p&c work will be an eclectic mix of ply & rivet, plastic chairs and maybe the odd slice of copper clad :yes:

Edited by Tim Dubya
Coffee
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

Well, Betty's rocked up courtesy of DHL a whole 4 days earlier than advised and will get a good thrashing on the road in due course.

799703618_IMG_20210828_1021234812.jpg.5d791c438a0c5e3c840e76d65df4aaf9.jpg

Scored some sleeper grime last night too and a rivet closing tool from the EMGS stores.  I think any p&c work will be an eclectic mix of ply & rivet, plastic chairs and maybe the odd slice of copper clad :yes:

'Ullo Tim, gotta new motor?

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1