• RMweb Gold

Great walk, you can almost believe you’re a slow moving 7F, and the tunnel stretch is most unusual. There’s the pub at Midford, and I think it’s an hourly bus service to get back to Bath, but not much transport at Wellow.

I certainly sound like a slow moving 7F as I walk....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Yabba Yabba Dooooo :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

• RMweb Gold

Great news Tim. You all must be very relieved.

Top result.

Rob.

Bliddy good show so very pleased for you all, if I was closer I would be getting pi..... joining in with the celebrations.  Damn good show comrade.

YEY !!!!

So called developooers are the bane of any nice town anywhere!  Under the guise of providing more homes for more people, they come in and destroy the environment, rip out trees and leave a barren landscape so they can build hundreds of homes 'made of ticky tacky and they all look the same' (if you remember the song!), make money and move on to the next despoilment.  Bath is fortunate - we weren't so lucky!

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks everyone, currently waiting for my chips in Burnham-on-Sea!

Hoorah!

Keep an eye out for the seagulls, Tim. They'll have yer pasty away!!

You're probably not far from here then....

Photo as per credit

Rob.

post-14122-0-95264700-1529592366_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely, couldn't leave without one of this...

attachicon.gifIMG_20180621_161104897.jpg

Nice. I can see the chippy on the left. Here's a view of a previous buffer stop. I like buffer stops.....

post-14122-0-51088300-1529603629_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Nice. I can see the chippy on the left. Here's a view of a previous buffer stop. I like buffer stops.....

The gradient sign looks a bit incongruous considering its proximity to the buffers where they are located now, but adds interest to the location and the photo.  Apart from the missing lamp, the buffers looks like the old original.

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Pretty certain the gradient sign does refer to the change in gradient for the slipway. The photo is from the thirties when the slipway was taken out of use and the buffers repositioned as a result.

Tims photo is that of a buffer stop erected in 2015 as close to the position of the original as could be placed,given changes made to the area.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

............. I like buffer stops.....

Here's another for you Rob. This is at the end of the Exeter City Basin taken about 12 years ago (or maybe more...!) when CK and l had a poke about. I fancy that it's still there, with branch still attached, somewhere in the bushes!

post-6728-0-12309600-1529649448_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Here's another for you Rob. This is at the end of the Exeter City Basin taken about 12 years ago (or maybe more...!) when CK and l had a poke about. I fancy that it's still there, with branch still attached, somewhere in the bushes!

attachicon.gifimg029a.jpg

I like the way it's cut away to clear tension-lock couplings.

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifimg029a.jpg

Back in the day, it continued along the Teign Valley line to Newton. One of the lines suggested to be re-instated as a Dawlish alternative.

Just before the stops there are several remnants of pointwork. 

• RMweb Gold

Thanks John. Very nice.

I will only have a couple of buffer stops on Bleat but will try to introducd a bit of character to them.

Rob.

• Like 1

One of my favourites; buffers in the bushes or better still lines disappearing into overgrown jungles.  Its surprising there aren't more modelled as there are still plenty of examples around.

Brian.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...