• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Wot-ho, Tim - any news please, old chap?

Thank you for asking but none on the train set front I'm afraid as I have been entertaining a thoroughly bad back for the last month but I've been spending my time rebuilding my PC, making it silent, yet shiny.

Hopefully I'll get to Wells on Saturday, as I must see Tim V's Clutton and John G's Bodmin & Wadebridge before it's too late.

Cheers all

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

I do just about remember this and still proud of the fact that I visited Radstock (GWR) signal box whilst it was still working the gates for coal trains from Writhlington.  It was a school trip to Marcrofts, a walk through a 47(?) a visit to the box and a chat to the signalman, with a demonstration of using the wheel to open the gates for an 08.

post-1328-0-59575500-1533561696.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Oh errr who is this strange fella posting on here?

Nice to see you back Tim.

Big question has the population of Radstock gone modern in its attire or is the shop called Jean's?

Cheers.

I'm not too sure about Jean's or Jeans to be honest... we do have each but I've never seen both at the same time.

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

Thank you for asking but none on the train set front I'm afraid as I have been entertaining a thoroughly bad back for the last month but I've been spending my time rebuilding my PC, making it silent, yet shiny.

Hopefully I'll get to Wells on Saturday, as I must see Tim V's Clutton and John G's Bodmin & Wadebridge before it's too late.

Cheers all

Ah, I'm hoping to get there on Sunday - sorry we will miss each other (can't do Saturday as it's my daughter's wedding - the reason I'm over here in the first place)..

• RMweb Premium

Too hot for jeans. It's been shorts for the last 6 weeks.

Have I got this right, the hairdresser who was wearing jeans is now wearing shorts but still calls the trendy (well for Radstock) shop Jeans not Shorts. :dontknow: :dontknow:

Boy they know how to live in the west country. :derisive:

I better hurry up cos I have more ragwort to dig up.

• RMweb Premium

Have I got this right, the hairdresser who was wearing jeans is now wearing shorts but still calls the trendy (well for Radstock) shop Jeans not Shorts. :dontknow: :dontknow:

Boy they know how to live in the west country. :derisive:

I better hurry up cos I have more ragwort to dig up.

Perhaps his name is Jean, not Short?