• RMweb Premium

Blimey, not sure about that, I don't think there's enough cider to go round for the locals knowing his favourite tipple !

Joking apart, I sincerely hope that Tim and his community get the matter resolved for all of their families.

I for one find the whole affair very distasteful, and to break up well established community is beyond belief !!!

G

Thank you Sir

The court closed at lunchtime with the Judge undecided, so we shall have to wait for the verdict... so I guess it's 50/50 at the moment.

I shall see if there is any cider left in the area this evening ;)

Thanks all 

Tim

Worth considering but we got the old folks* to consider.

*the old man is 80 this Saturday, he's fitter now than I ever have been and probably will be...

Old is not what it used to be!  Once upon a time you began to dodder around seventy but now a lot jog miles a day and generally live a younger life style.  Indeed, there are those in their seventies or eighties who happily move to better climes or perhaps downsize to smaller homes.  No good for me, need space for the layout and I'm certainly not going to build a new one!

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As someone else said, Bath (the city I was born in and lived in, until I moved away when I ceased to be a junior modeller), is nothing like the city that I grew up in.

I blame the HSTs for bringing nobs from Londinium down to that once-fair city, with their snobbishness, excess money and Rangerovers.

The local authority in that neck of the woods has long been run by complete and utter dickarseheads, in fact, I think there is a school for training such gyts in the area (when you graduate, you can move on to any local authority and make a complete ballls up wherever you happen to end up, I think at least some in South Hams graduated from the Bath Academy of Incompetent Administration.

They were a major factor in causing all kinds of problems with the design of the electrification infrastructure through Bath, until that is, Network Rail learned from the best and managed to cokk it up themselves.

Good luck Tim and Co, you deserve to win your case. Things like this would have had people in some other countries manning the barricades by now.

But I always though Bath was a city of Range Rover owning rich people; every time we've been there it doesn't exude an aura of cheap. A bit like our little town where we now own a half million dollar home for which we didn't pay that much to begin with. Consequently we are considered rich snobs by the lesser folk who probably have more money in the bank than we do! You can't buy a decent home in big city Seattle for less than a million which is said to be the median these days. Its the time we live in!

Brian.

Bath didn't used to be like that.

Rather ironically I was speaking to a sub contractor to Network Rail on the bridge at Crediton yesterday.

He had just come down from Bath where he is currently working in the area on various platform alterations. He told me how refreshing it was to just be standing on the bridge having a normal conversation in pleasant surroundings as opposed to the ones he's been having with a great many self opinionated moneyed ####holes in the Bath area, many of whom he'd found to be in-comers.

As I said, rather ironic !

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

As someone else said, Bath (the city I was born in and lived in, until I moved away when I ceased to be a junior modeller), is nothing like the city that I grew up in.

I blame the HSTs for bringing nobs from Londinium down to that once-fair city, with their snobbishness, excess money and Rangerovers.

The local authority in that neck of the woods has long been run by complete and utter dickarseheads, in fact, I think there is a school for training such gyts in the area (when you graduate, you can move on to any local authority and make a complete ballls up wherever you happen to end up, I think at least some in South Hams graduated from the Bath Academy of Incompetent Administration.

They were a major factor in causing all kinds of problems with the design of the electrification infrastructure through Bath, until that is, Network Rail learned from the best and managed to cokk it up themselves.

Good luck Tim and Co, you deserve to win your case. Things like this would have had people in some other countries manning the barricades by now.

Thank you sir.

Bath / we are rapidly becoming a suburb of London.  The new development on the ex-MOD site next door has been marketed in the London Evening Standard.  There was an insane (and money wasting scheme) to build a cable car from said site to the the railway station/Widcome but fortunately the developer conducted a consultation (this time!) and decided from feedback that it wasn't going to be at all welcome.

post-1328-0-10159400-1526818851_thumb.jpg

Property prices are now so high everywhere that people in service industries etc have had to move out of the city, the net result of which being that employers are having to pay the travelling expenses of their staff if they want to retain or recruit them.

We just have to wait a few weeks for the judge to make a decision as he found it to be a very difficult case and needs time to weigh it all up.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/in-your-area/judge-weigh-up-evidence-against-1580505

Thank you one and all for your kind words.

Edited by Tim Dubya

Good luck with the proceedings, I just find it completely strange that housing associations can morf into what seems to be something like a limited company. Its a great pity the tenants cannot be more represented on the running of what should be a public service, still I expect this may be occuring in most places

Sounds like this is what happened where I used to live, the situation changed when it moved from housing service personnel to housing social housing problem families. The neighborhood was overwhelmingly in favour of redevelopment, where a sizeable part of the development was for the open market and the social housing part designed for smaller families, who were closely vetted.    

This housing situation is common all over. In Cornwall (Kernow, sorry Captain!) the lake district and many other places it is happening in small towns and villages. As the population grows it is unlikely to improve, although my local estate agent says the demand has a lot to do with divorces as well.

Good luck with your fight (and it is a fight).

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Tim

You need to start the Bath Popular Front.

By a Che Guevara bery  

And go round shouting  "Power to the people"

No, no, no.

The Popular Front for Bath, if you please.

• RMweb Premium

I had a bath last year. Bath has never been the same since they shut the route to Bournemouth. Anyway, thought I'd just give Bath a plug.

Phil

My journey to work takes me over the top of Combe Down Tunnel, I could walk across the fields and get on to the cycle track and walk through the Devonshire Tunnel but

I CBA'd

Edit: I just seed what you done up there... Bath... plug...

Edited by Tim Dubya

My journey to work takes me over the top of Combe Down Tunnel, I could walk across the fields and get on to the cycle track and walk through the Devonshire Tunnel but

I CBA'd

'Spose its not nice turning up to work with cow pats stuck to ya shoes !  :O

G

Other than that, you ok mate ?

G

• RMweb Premium

'Spose its not nice turning up to work with cow pats stuck to ya shoes ! :O

G

Other than that, you ok mate ?

G

Thanks for asking, all is good here and may I enquire as to yourself sir?

Cheers

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Gold

We do like the Northern section of the S&DJR.....

post-14122-0-72115700-1527011074_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Fablos picks sir

...and walkable if so inclined. One can now journey by foot, perambulator, bicycle or piggyback all the way from The Royal Oak (where the line crossed The Lower Bristol just past Bath Junction) to just before Wellow without the need to leave the S&D.

I HBA'd and its... well it's fablos.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Fablos picks sir

...and walkable if so inclined. One can now journey by foot, perambulator, bicycle or piggyback all the way from The Royal Oak (where the line crossed The Lower Bristol just past Bath Junction) to just before Wellow without the need to leave the S&D.

I HBA'd and its... well it's fablos.

I might just do that this Summer, Tim. Sounds like fun. Myself and No1 son stopped off at Midford goods last year on the way back from the Warminster show.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Great walk, you can almost believe you’re a slow moving 7F, and the tunnel stretch is most unusual. There’s the pub at Midford, and I think it’s an hourly bus service to get back to Bath, but not much transport at Wellow.

• RMweb Premium

I might just do that this Summer, Tim. Sounds like fun. Myself and No1 son stopped off at Midford goods last year on the way back from the Warminster show.

It's a lovely walk, you can give the Hope & Anchor in Midford a visit and finish up in the Fox & Badger in Wellow. It's not too far from there to a view of Wellow Station from the village car park. If you fancy a bit further on, on top of the hill is Stoney Littleton long barrow.

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/stoney-littleton-long-barrow/?utm_source=Google%20Business&utm_campaign=Local%20Listings&utm_medium=Google%20Business%20Profiles&utm_content=stoney%20littleton%20long%20barrow

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

Great walk, you can almost believe you’re a slow moving 7F, and the tunnel stretch is most unusual. There’s the pub at Midford, and I think it’s an hourly bus service to get back to Bath, but not much transport at Wellow.

The 267 was indeed hourly, but has recently been relaunched as "Discover" D2 and upped to half-hourly. The timetable leaflet even has a picture of Midford station!