TMC announce NER G5 0-4-4T

Andy Y

That's good to hear indeed, thanks for the update. 

When these were first announced, I did put my name down for a couple, but I can't seem to find a way of finding out which ones, or how to possibly amend/upgrade my order. I can log in to my account on the TMC website, but there's nothing about them in there.

Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers

J

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, JaymzHatstand said:

When these were first announced, I did put my name down for a couple, but I can't seem to find a way of finding out which ones, or how to possibly amend/upgrade my order. I can log in to my account on the TMC website, but there's nothing about them in there.

I have an email Order Confirmation, so I assume my order placed in Feb 2018 stands.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

I have an email Order Confirmation, so I assume my order placed in Feb 2018 stands.

Yes, I've got the same, I presume that with said order number, I'll be able to contact them to make amends should that be required, as I'm considering a sound fitted example. I'll give it a try and see what happens!

Cheers

J

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JaymzHatstand said:

Yes, I've got the same, I presume that with said order number, I'll be able to contact them to make amends should that be required, as I'm considering a sound fitted example. I'll give it a try and see what happens!

Cheers

J

Hi, the quickest way to resolve any queries or upgrade orders will be to email sales@tmc-direct.com and one of the sales team will then investigate and get back to you.

Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

On 02/03/2023 at 10:26, Tim Lewis said:

I have the same "problem" (although I'm sure it's not difficult to get round one way or the other).  I'm also guessing that you want a BR early crest version.  The options are to buy one without hopper or Westinghouse and add a Westinghouse somehow or other (I'm aware a few different ones may be available, but then there's all the fiddly connections etc to sort out), OR, buy one with Westinghouse and hopper and take the hopper off.  I spoke to the TMC guys at Doncaster the other week.  He didn't want to take one out of the display case, but was "pretty sure" that the hopper is a separate moulding (makes sense) and therefore "should" come off fairly easily.  So, I'm going to get the Westinghouse/hopper version and see what happens.

You may also want to note that the two options mentioned have different buffers (one LNER, one NER) so you may want/need to take that into account as well.

Cheers.

Tim

Hi Tim,

We have been looking at this further and just to be absolutely clear although the hopper is a separate moulding it is glued into position so it doesn't just lift out. Consequently 'should come off fairly easily' might not always be the case. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2023 at 18:11, tmc said:

Hi Tim,

We have been looking at this further and just to be absolutely clear although the hopper is a separate moulding it is glued into position so it doesn't just lift out. Consequently 'should come off fairly easily' might not always be the case. 

Thank you.

Thanks for clarifying that. Even if I end breaking the hopper on removal that's OK (just need to be careful with the cage).

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, NZRedBaron said:

Hey there, @tmc; I'm tempted to get one of your LNER liveried models for my layout, but I cannot decide for the life of me which one to get.

If I was TMC I'd be tempted to suggest you get one of each. 😁

• Like 7
  • Funny 3

8 hours ago, teaky said:

If I was TMC I'd be tempted to suggest you get one of each. 😁

Probably, yeah; on the whole, both models have their good points, but I'm not sure how far either might have theoretically been able to wander around the LNER from NER metals.

39 minutes ago, NZRedBaron said:

Probably, yeah; on the whole, both models have their good points, but I'm not sure how far either might have theoretically been able to wander around the LNER from NER metals.

Perhaps you need to research that, rather than expect the manufacture/retailer to know.

If you are a bit more specific about dates and locations, then some RMWeb members might be able to help.

28 minutes ago, NZRedBaron said:

Used in Scotland and GER area.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2023 at 21:40, Compound2632 said:

Hmm, I haven't had one. Have most people with pre-orders had them confirmed, I wonder?

On 12/03/2023 at 20:54, NZRedBaron said:

Really, there were GE variants? Well then, that would be useful- my planned layout is technically ex-GER metals.

I don't know, these people who make up freelance lines and set them all in Norfolk! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Hmm, I haven't had one. Have most people with pre-orders had them confirmed, I wonder?

To clarify, I had an email confirmation of my pre-order on 24 Feb 2018, quoting an order number. I have had no subsequent communication from TMC.

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Compound2632 said:

To clarify, I had an email confirmation of my pre-order on 24 Feb 2018, quoting an order number. I have had no subsequent communication from TMC.

I pre ordered too, but suspect the email was a victim of one of many culls since 2018.

I am sure @tmc will be reaching out to all the preorder customers to give a status update once there is something to report.

Steve

11 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Thanks, I began checking through my TMC emails, all mailing list stuff, but didn't see one. That said, 2018! I may not have gone back far enough.

I'm still dubious about the icky looking green; Heljan got it bang on IMHO.  I am praying that the TMC one looks better under less brash lighting than the studio shots. 

Better, I'd say:

image.png.976da374e58a18f01dab5d2b35ca6e7b.png

Edited by Edwardian
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The NER works had their own shades of green. Precision used to do tins of Darlington Green years ago.. other works green was also in their list I believe.

Baz

• Like 2
  • Agree 1