Bachmann Class 47

steveb860

Phew.... I'm planning on 416 or thereabouts... which look like spanners. That'll save me an etch on my 47035 doner... I think that might be one of the few bits left untouched :crazy_mini:

Edited by Jon020
  • Like 1

Phew.... I'm planning on 416 or thereabouts... which look like spanners. That'll save me an etch on my 47035 doner... I think that might be one of the few bits left untouched :crazy_mini:

Yes mate, it was a Spanner.

• Like 1

Of course, if you've already purchased said etch Jon, you can offload it with me..... It seems like I'm a stones short so to speak.....

Cheers.

Sean.

• Like 1

Thanks for your very prompt and concise report 47423. Now, the only thing to do is root out my 47 bodies and see what the roof vent ratio is. Pound to a penny I'll have 3 Serek and 2 old style, such is my look.

Cheers.

Sean.

Of course, if you've already purchased said etch Jon, you can offload it with me..... It seems like I'm a stones short so to speak.....

Cheers.

Sean.

Hi Sean, actually I hadn't got it... I'm just keen to see the etch parts for the other end of the roof :biggrin_mini2: ... but that's another story B)

• Like 1

Hi all.

Just a brief post to bore you all with my waffling. The good news is, I just checked my 47's and, in an RMweb first, I have 2 locos with Serek vents and 3 with the old style which is spot on. With Raffles offer of a Stones boiler port, I have enough parts to give each loco the correct boiler port.

The bad news is, I have a full Trans - Pennine set to do before I even look at these......

Cheers and thanks again for all advice.

Sean.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

RE the dodgy grey on 47365, just got emal from barwell confirming it will be changed on production items

Thats a relief after seeing the hideous pic of it! Still thou it has upside down multi working gear on the headcode boxs + its got eth gear which will definately be on the model knowing Bachmann, when will they ever learn!

Also not happy about the two tone grey peky sector one only been available in dcc sound clean finish and the weathered one been dcc ready that means paying over £200.00 if you want to re-number one as there dodgy weathered attempts seem to have the dirt araldited on thus you can't remove the sandy colour nor can you re-number them easilly! :scratchhead:

Don't give yourself high blood pressure 60098,

I would say bachmanns record of cock ups is not as long as distinguished as a certain other manufacturer.

You'll probably find that to renumbering a weathered 47190 won't be too bad as I bet the weathering doesn't go that high...alternatively someone will swap you a body ?

I just wish they'd do a 47/3 in ' dutch'. I wonder if they watch eBay and see what prices 37035 goes for...

• Like 1

Don't give yourself high blood pressure 60098,

I would say bachmanns record of cock ups is not as long as distinguished as a certain other manufacturer.

You'll probably find that to renumbering a weathered 47190 won't be too bad as I bet the weathering doesn't go that high...alternatively someone will swap you a body ?

I just wish they'd do a 47/3 in ' dutch'. I wonder if they watch eBay and see what prices 37035 goes for...

I won't its not a 37 so i'm not that bothered lol and yeh know what your saying about others think the biggest cockup for me is rails doin vile-trains rfd 47's as ltd editions are they having a laugh? Bet they don't sell atall!

On the weathering everything Bachmann to date has been a ryt mare of a job using any of the methods which usually take numbers off easilly just doesn't work on the weathered ones? Will try anyway an see how I get on.

On the dutchy duff yeh i've re-numbered tons of the ltd edition model some in to 47/3's 333, tynwald 331 etc... so your probably best geting one of them as next year will be just wat 47's are been released now and hopefully if they actually want to try and sell some models they'll do a nice split box tractor in two tone grey as thats wat everyone wants who I know anyways:)

Just ordered a load of 47301's from hattons so that all be interesting as got some nice namers to do also noted she hasn't got the eth gear in the pics so atleast there doing something right but still theres big holes were it should be on the bufferbeam so they'll need filling, nothings ever easy with these guys!

Am i right in assuming that the name plate is not on 47301 out the box.....as the photos on Rails and Hattons websites....if so the credit cards going to be punished

Nige....

It was never a plate as such, just a painted Tinsley job.

Not sure if there is a transfer in the box.

I for one am very happy the name isnt on it, looks great as the Thornaby monster it is.

• RMweb Premium

Looking at the pictures here:

http://www.ehattons.com/52555/Bachmann_UK_31_655_Class_47_diesel_47301_in_BR_Railfreight_grey_with_red_stripe_with_unofficial_nam/StockDetail.aspx

I would venture that they have forgotten to print the names on!! That actually is a good thing BUT 47301 was unique for a Railfreight Red Stripe 47, it was the only one to have the white seperating line so it is only suitable for that loco.

I doubt they forgot to but them on, the loco looked appalling by the time it gained its painted name. As it is pristine it makes far more sense to sell it as the TE engine.

You are correct it was unique though.

Nice as 301 is i'm not the only modeller out there who is tbh geting a bit sick of Bachmann and there "unique" liverys as like 37506 another they chose to do both that and this can't be re-numbered because of there one off features!

Still they can be re-numbered if you choose to do a bit of work on the loco's like i'll be doing to the 47301 model but please people at Bachmann can we not have some normal liverys which us modellers can re-number without having to make major alterations too in the process :nono: :scratchhead:

For those wishing to add the "CENTURION" TI painted nameplates to there model this decal/transfer is available from John.P @ Precision Labels & Decals here http://www.precisionlabels.com/class47.html he also stocks every other Tinsley nameplate which they painted on so have a look thru as you may see one which you'd like to turn your 47301 in to or maybe even a 37? As i've done a few using John 's transfers now and there great and add variety to your fleet too :no:

Rich

• RMweb Premium

Received Bachmann's latest TrainMail e-letter yesterday.

It says that D1677 THOR in green with FYE will arrive this month (not Feb/Mar next year as the Bachmann website says) and also gives a hint at what the next Collectors Club limited edition loco will be, by showing an outline that is clearly a Class 47, in later guise with boiler water tanks removed and cab mounted radio aerials. Likely to be a one-off livery, so any guessses?