Bachmann Class 47

steveb860

Yep suspect a glut of these never sold. I bought a body only from Bachmann at model rail show last weekend for £10 - wonder whether this e-bayer did same? Mine prob going to disappear under a coat of something but not sure what yet...

Actually just took a closer look. 47835 as sold by Bachmann as a limited edition had white lower body sides. The 47835 body shell I picked up at the weekend has mushroom coloured body sides as commented on earlier in this thread regarding one for sale on ebay. This looks like perhaps the locos were delivered with wrong coloured lower sides and then had the bodies replaced and Bach now selling off th incorrect coloured bodies. Makes no odds to me for where this shell is intended but does suggest Bach corrected when they realised there was a problem which is to their credit. It may also explain why so many 47835 shells kicking around at the moment and no chassis I've seen distinguished by white painted piping.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Maybe slightly off topic as this is a departure from how they appear out-of-the-box, but the pic below shows the status of my detailing project that's now well into its second year... and still plenty of work to do too.

post-8351-0-45028000-1366827789_thumb.jpg

Buffers cleaned up and blackened... bogies detailed and P4 Ultrascales (elsewhere) now painted. Originally this was a Banger blue domino 47035 - will be a Blue 47415

• Like 6

Very nice that Jon.

I notice that Shawlan have released the cab door window frames which I reckon I'll be making use of.

Cheers.

Sean.

Yes... they're fitted. Brian pointed them out to me at Ally Pally... which was good timing because I was next about to prime the body - so it was one more job to do. They're quite fragile but do make it look much neater around the edges.

Jon

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For those wanting the Modelzone Class 47 47972 in technical services livery its reduced to £59.99 on their website.

http://www.modelzone.co.uk/exclusives/modelzone-exclusive-class-47-royal-army-ordnance.html

Yep, and they just got a bit more limited, as the four I now have are about to have a make-over a wag would be proud of!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Anyone heard any news to suggest if the new batch of standard refurbished 47s (RES etc) will be delivered in July alongside the NRM Royal Ltd Ed one please?

According to the Bachmann website, the IC Swallow, RfD European and RES Crewe-cut 47s are all due July/August so its likely at least one if not all will be on the same container ship.

Anyone heard any news to suggest if the new batch of standard refurbished 47s (RES etc) will be delivered in July alongside the NRM Royal Ltd Ed one please?

Which Royal Ltd Ed 47 is this?

Maybe it is me but there is something not right about this site for overseas shipping. When I go to order it doesn't deduct the VAT and says shipping is £8.00, but elsewhere on the site shipping appears to be an add on and it is £17.00. 

• RMweb Premium

Maybe it is me but there is something not right about this site for overseas shipping. When I go to order it doesn't deduct the VAT and says shipping is £8.00, but elsewhere on the site shipping appears to be an add on and it is £17.00. 

I ordered the Royal 47 by phone. I'm in Portugal and was charged £12.75 for postage. I was told I could order on the internet if I preferred so they think it should work, although Portugal is of course EU so VAT is not deductable.

• RMweb Premium

While the Royal 47798 Ltd Ed will grab all the attention, I can't help but think the RES release will be the unsung hero here!

I am really hoping that this model will finally be the 'ultimate' best of breed life-extended 47 that we will see after many years of 'near misses' and I don't know about you but I can think of literally dozens of much-loved prototypes from the late 90s/early 00s that I'd want to model using the RES 47/7 example, it'll be amazing!

Not to mention the 47/8 repainting opportunities, can feel myself cracking open the Virgin and Great Western paint tins when Bachmann's container ship docks!

Has anyone bought the NSE one (47715 Haymarket)?  

Rails are doing free postage and a free NSE Bachmann BFK for £89.20.  I guess this puts a value of around £75 on the loco.  

Quite tempted by it, I have Heljan's 47711 and Vitrains 47587 though so do I really need another?  It does look nice though, particularly with the jumper cables on the front.

Has anyone bought the NSE one (47715 Haymarket)?  

Rails are doing free postage and a free NSE Bachmann BFK for £89.20.  I guess this puts a value of around £75 on the loco.  

Quite tempted by it, I have Heljan's 47711 and Vitrains 47587 though so do I really need another?  It does look nice though, particularly with the jumper cables on the front.

Seen it myself and fancied.

Apart from the loco number is there any difference between this model and 47707 (Holyrood) which is a deferred release for later this year ????

Also priced a bit cheaper at £86.36 but they then added the free coach to go with 47715.

Cheers

LJC

Edited by LJC

Apart from the loco number is there any difference between this model and 47707 (Holyrood) which is a deferred release for later this year ????

Cheers

LJC

47 707 has a flush headcode at No1 end, 47715 has recessed headcodes at both ends.

HTH

• Like 1

I quite agree with James regarding the Res 47. I pre-ordered one when first announced through Richard at the Train shop in Morecambe as not only is it a nice livery, its such a useful loco. I liked them on the TPO's but around 99,2000 in the final few years of the EWS love hate period with them on freight workings and the sleepers in Scotland gives so much scope for it. The Royal one is also ordered as it will certainly fit with my WCRC set on charters. Looking forward to them coming out.

Mark

• Like 2

I have just taken delivery of one. The finish is excellent, as usual, but unfortunately this model has trouble staying on the track. My other Bachmann 47s run perfectly, it is only this one that comes off on the curves.

Guest dubdee1000

I have just taken delivery of one. The finish is excellent, as usual, but unfortunately this model has trouble staying on the track. My other Bachmann 47s run perfectly, it is only this one that comes off on the curves.

Not seen this with mine so far. Body was a swine to get off though