Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

They are MODELS.

Don't spoil a good post by using the wrong word.

To get a model loco through US Customs I was advised the best way to avoid it being opened and cut in half to check it was lead free was to describe it as a "plastic toy train".....

Les

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 18/03/2022 at 10:22, adb968008 said:

The one on the extreme left needs editing out, putting in a brown bag and marked over 18’s.

Aw, come on. It was the one which sold out first. Purple and Wipac bliss. I’m looking forward to it rattling my windows.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

It was the one which sold out first.

The hunt is on for the four purchasers to carry out testing to do with the loss of taste. ;)

• Like 2
  • Funny 7

25 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

The hunt is on for the four purchasers to carry out testing to do with the loss of taste. ;)

Surely there's more than 4 on offer? 

PS - if anybody's now regretting placing an order for the 'purple; one, please feel free to cancel - I'm on the waiting list for one as I foolishly missed the boat (so to speak).

• Friendly/supportive 1

12 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

Surely there's more than 4 on offer? 

PS - if anybody's now regretting placing an order for the 'purple; one, please feel free to cancel - I'm on the waiting list for one as I foolishly missed the boat (so to speak).

Good on yer! Proving there was a life after the ECML. Nice neat front end too. Hurrah for Porterbrook!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 18/03/2022 at 23:41, Les1952 said:

To get a model loco through US Customs I was advised the best way to avoid it being opened and cut in half to check it was lead free was to describe it as a "plastic toy train".....

Les

Must have been an eye opener for Elle Macpherson and Niomi Campbell then........

10 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Just an update on the Deltics since the outage. They're currently getting packed up into containers for their voyage. Finally!

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks Fran - can I be the first to say "oooooooo" :)

• Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 19/03/2022 at 12:58, AY Mod said:

This might be a case when the missing picture should not be restored.

3 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Did anybody mention Ever Given .... oops, sorry !!

Let's hope it's simple plain sailing and we'll finally get that superb model racing around our rails!!

Al.

Not to mention its sister ship aground in the Great Lakes or wherever.....

• Agree 1

On 31/03/2022 at 14:59, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Just an update on the Deltics since the outage. They're currently getting packed up into containers for their voyage. Finally!

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks Fran. So is that about 8 weeks to delivery if they are going by sea? Or are they landed in UK/IRL? Thanks

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, NoelG said:

Thanks Fran. So is that about 8 weeks to delivery if they are going by sea? Or are they landed in UK/IRL? Thanks

They are currently being loaded into containers as per post 🤨

Edited by younGGuns7
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Perhaps that picture was the cause of the outage. :)

It made the server run away screaming “enough of this RMWeb abuse”?

Personally, I wouldn’t blame it. Only thing worse than that picture was actually seeing the real thing in the flesh!

Roy

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

It made the server run away screaming “enough of this RMWeb abuse”?

Personally, I wouldn’t blame it. Only thing worse than that picture was actually seeing the real thing in the flesh!

Roy

Even the box is purple! That rubs its best-selling status into the blue/green fuddy-duddies. Excellent livery showing that there was life in these magnificent machines after the ECML. 🤡 (Oh look! New emoticons to play with!)

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, No Decorum said:

Even the box is purple! That rubs its best-selling status into the blue/green fuddy-duddies. Excellent livery showing that there was life in these magnificent machines after the ECML. 🤡 (Oh look! New emoticons to play with!)

At least the household manager would see the purple box and think “that’s not a Loco, purple? Must be chocolates”

One small bar of cadburys later and everything’s smooth.

• Funny 9