Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium

I have never known a post go so far off topic so many times, most of the last post are totally unrelated to the Deltic, it is so frustrating we are now bringing Class 66 into the topic, let’s stick to the Class 55 please 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
On 18/04/2022 at 19:51, younGGuns7 said:

I have never known a post go so far off topic so many times, most of the last post are totally unrelated to the Deltic, it is so frustrating we are now bringing Class 66 into the topic, let’s stick to the Class 55 please 🤷🏻‍♂️

My fault, heres 3 of the best as recompense…

3 Deltics at Selhurst….

The unit on the right was built after the the class 55’s were withdrawn, and is about to be out-survived by the 3 on the left, was Deltic scrap metal from Doncaster recycled at York for 455’s in 1982 ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, younGGuns7 said:

I too will also make up for my wanderings off topic, but it will be just after my 2 Deltics arrive. Can’t wait.

• Like 1

Aside from d9000 were there any differences between the other 21 as built/delivered? Would there be a case for a small run of centre crested but un-numbered models that could be numbered up to any member of the class as built?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Aside from d9000 were there any differences between the other 21 as built/delivered? Would there be a case for a small run of centre crested but un-numbered models that could be numbered up to any member of the class as built?

55008 had unique square buffer cowling.

I work in the Electronics industry and there is growing concern about major supply issues due to the prolonged COVID shutdown in Shanghai, and especially the knock on effect of hundreds of ships held offshore waiting to load / unload……. There is screenshot from a maritime app doing the  rounds which shows the seas near Shanghai literally swamped with waiting ships.

Apologises if I missed a more recent update, but last I saw the Deltics were in a container that had departed the factory - has this actually made it on to a ship and which has set sail for good old  Blighty ?

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Hound Dog said:

I work in the Electronics industry and there is growing concern about major supply issues due to the prolonged COVID shutdown in Shanghai, and especially the knock on effect of hundreds of ships held offshore waiting to load / unload……. There is screenshot from a maritime app doing the  rounds which shows the seas near Shanghai literally swamped with waiting ships.

Apologises if I missed a more recent update, but last I saw the Deltics were in a container that had departed the factory - has this actually made it on to a ship and which has set sail for good old  Blighty ?

yes the Deltic containers are underway thankfully. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

55008 had unique square buffer cowling.

Was that from new, or was it just the first one to receive fatter buffers, before a neater mod to the

existing buffer cowls was chosen? 

The Nim.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, reddragon said:

What ship are they on?

Would be appropriate if they were on the cargo ship "Deltic Dolphin" 😀

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:708323/mmsi:457310000/imo:8319354/vessel:DELTIC_DOLPHIN

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Do you mind, EM, I'm not that good, I've got to maintain my illusions of inadequacy!

Mike.

That's probably not an illusion.....welcome to my world....

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1