Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

Hi all, 

Wonder whether anyone has ordered their deltic through locomotion models at all? I placed a pre order with them last year and have been trying to contact them via their website contact form and phone number for the past few months as I would like to edit my preorder for a different variant. However I am not getting a response. Anyone else having issues or know another way to get in touch? 

Thanks

51 minutes ago, MoonM said:

Hi all, 

Wonder whether anyone has ordered their deltic through locomotion models at all? I placed a pre order with them last year and have been trying to contact them via their website contact form and phone number for the past few months as I would like to edit my preorder for a different variant. However I am not getting a response. Anyone else having issues or know another way to get in touch? 

Thanks

I’ve ordered (one) but not needed to contact them since. Not much help, sorry

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Any ideas where that container is yet?

Al.

Based on our very latest reports, it's on a big boat :) In fact, just in, all the containers are!

Edited by McC
  • Like 1
  • Funny 4

2 minutes ago, McC said:

Based on our very latest reports, it's on a big boat :) In fact, just in, all the containers are!

Hopefully that big boat is going in the right direction and the container stays on board until it reaches the correct destination!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Bishdurham said:

Hopefully that big boat is going in the right direction and the container stays on board until it reaches the correct destination!

And hopefully both containers of deltics end up in the same place :) 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, McC said:

And hopefully both containers of deltics end up in the same place :) 

You have 2 containers?? 

20 footers or 40's or 53's??

Either way, that's alot of Deltics!!!

Sort of off topic but applicable, does a shipper share a container with another shippers goods, or is it simply, 'use all the available space'??

The costs involved, I wouldn't expect them to be half full etc.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Gary H said:

You have 2 containers?? 

Sort of off topic but applicable, does a shipper share a container with another shippers goods, or is it simply, 'use all the available space'??

I imagine weight per container must come into it somewhere - and we know these weigh quite a bit each!! 

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Gary H said:

You have 2 containers?? 

Somewhere up thread Accurascale (@Accurascale Fran I think) did say what size the containers were.

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Global said:

I imagine weight per container must come into it somewhere - and we know these weigh quite a bit each!! 

I reckon you would run out of cubic metres before you reached its mgw TBH, a 20 foot container has a max gross weight of just over 30 tonnes.

That would be alot of Deltics!!

Weight per pallet would be interesting, dare say somebody would know, as you say, they are heavy models.

Selling my American H0 loco's in the past, I've noticed that an Athearn Genesis SD70 in its large box, similar in size to the ones Accurascale is using for the Deltics, brings it close to 2KG!!

They cost a fair amount to post.

3 hours ago, MoonM said:

Hi all, 

Thanks

Sadly, like many others, you have discovered that trying to contact Locomotion Models is like trying to pick up a jelly. They are the most difficult organisation to contact and I sometimes wonder just how they survive in business. The usual excuse has been that they are so busy they have not had time to reply but this problem has been ongoing since they released the GNR Single model some years ago which was well before the covid outbreak. Someone called Stuart used to be a member on the forum and worked in the shop at Shildon, so it might be worth a look on the Locomotion threads to see if his contact details are there somewhere.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Brian Indge said:

Sadly, like many others, you have discovered that trying to contact Locomotion Models is like trying to pick up a jelly. They are the most difficult organisation to contact and I sometimes wonder just how they survive in business. The usual excuse has been that they are so busy they have not had time to reply but this problem has been ongoing since they released the GNR Single model some years ago which was well before the covid outbreak. Someone called Stuart used to be a member on the forum and worked in the shop at Shildon, so it might be worth a look on the Locomotion threads to see if his contact details are there somewhere.

They sound like a side-line of the DVLA.

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, Gary H said:

You have 2 containers?? 

Hi Gary,

2 40fts and all for us. You can share of course as part of groupage, but we book out and fill as we want to do everything we can to make sure none of our stock gets damaged or mistreated.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gary H said:

You have 2 containers?? 

Let play How many Deltics fit in  a 40ft std container  Bingo !!!!

Regards Arran

PS you don't get 53fts much in Europe that's more North America

IMG_1679a.jpg

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Gary,

2 40fts and all for us. You can share of course as part of groupage, but we book out and fill as we want to do everything we can to make sure none of our stock gets damaged or mistreated.

Cheers!

Fran 

That's ALOT of cubic meterage!! 

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, arran said:

PS you don't get 53fts much in Europe that's more North America

Cheers for that, i never knew, like you say, see plenty of em in NM. 

I have a few for sale (H0) if anybody wants em!😁

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Gary,

Cheers!

Fran 

Well we had a container broken into last night whilst in the storage yard, fortunately 5.5 metre pipes aren’t easy to get out without special equipment, so I suggest you keep all details a secret otherwise you never know what this lot may do 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Brian Indge said:

Thank you. In some ways reassuring to not be the only one! Will search through the threads for Stuart... 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, MoonM said:

Thank you. In some ways reassuring to not be the only one! Will search through the threads for Stuart... 

You would think they would have a page on here,one of there staff could monitor it one would think,i might be over Shildon at the weekend so i can mention that next time im over anyway.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, McC said:

Shhh it's a secret ship, no names, more suspense if you can't track it 🤣

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

You would think they would have a page on here,one of there staff could monitor it one would think,i might be over Shildon at the weekend so i can mention that next time im over anyway.

Just as they once did - Sheila IIRC

She was very good too.

Roy

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, MoonM said:

Hi all, 

Thanks

Tom would appear to be involved so you could try a PM on here? Have you emailed this address? queries-locomotionmodels@locomotion.org.uk

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/profile/34636-tom-mackie-smg/

15 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Tom would appear to be involved so you could try a PM on here? Have you emailed this address? queries-locomotionmodels@locomotion.org.uk

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/profile/34636-tom-mackie-smg/

Thanks, I'll try the email address. Strangely couldn't find that on the website, could only find a contact page to submit via the we page into a black hole it seems

• Like 1