Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, 60800 said:

d549qnq-c88317ba-7abc-4a7c-bb8a-f2ddda0b6d70.jpg.69d01889366a5f144845c8c938c709e1.jpg

No ..

just no..

No No No..

This is just wrong, on so many levels.

Omg.. No.

please…. No.

aye aye aye…. Jeepers Creepers, i’ll not sleep tonight.

Another manufacturer has form for things like this, and makes a more appropriate level of class 55.

Breathe….

unsee it

unsee it

unsee it

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 6

7 hours ago, 60800 said:

Run 2 suggestions? Ok then 🙂

55008 in Blue (not sure if the unique buffers are tooled though)

+1 for 55008 in blue. One of only three Deltics to carry a domino headcode to withdrawal and it was in this condition that The Green Howards is alleged to have achieved 125mph down Stoke Bank as a last hurrah for a retiring driver. Would be great to have a model of the fastest Deltic to run alongside other ECML speed record holders.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

No ..

just no..

No No No..

This is just wrong, on so many levels.

Omg.. No.

please…. No.

aye aye aye…. Jeepers Creepers, i’ll not sleep tonight.

Another manufacturer has form for things like this, and makes a more appropriate level of class 55.

Breathe….

unsee it

unsee it

unsee it

I'm gonna buy one of the next batch and paint it like this 😇

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

But isn’t that Pinza?

Roy

55007 is Pinza…

I think a few pages back that image was nailed down to a specific sunday within a few months range.

Edited by adb968008

In a new run, I would really like to see D9000 in heritage two-tone green, with headlight, as it was running for Virgin services on the GWML in the late 1990's.  I have a nice collection of Virgin Mk2's, so just waiting for the loco to recreate such a train!

Outside of that, D9009 in two-tone green or 55019 in BR blue... as preserved a few years back before it changed livery.

In the meantime, hoping to get my two out on the track to hear them very soon, when time permits.

• Agree 4

12 hours ago, 60800 said:

Run 2 suggestions? Ok then 🙂

D9016 in TTG with WIPACs (split run between TTG and Purple as others have suggested?) 

55019 in Blue as currently running

55008 in Blue (not sure if the unique buffers are tooled though)

D9009 in Railtour Green 

Oh and erm if you do want to enter the WHIF market or want inspiration for a shock loco on your Warley stand...

d549qnq-c88317ba-7abc-4a7c-bb8a-f2ddda0b6d70.jpg.69d01889366a5f144845c8c938c709e1.jpg

I made this quite a few years ago but i'm still not sure why I gave it black noses.

Cheers,

I really like this!!I think it’s the black noses doing it.Any other angles available?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, guarded said:

I really like this!!I think it’s the black noses doing it.Any other angles available?

Finally! Somebody likes it haha. No I only ever did that one view sadly. 

Cheers,

Hi All,

Looking at the next batch of Deltics, a particular favourite of mine has always been D9000 ‘Royal Scots Grey’ in the two tone green livery. With Accurascale’s attention to detail & supplied with ‘sound’ it would definitely be on my shopping list.

Go on Fran, you know it makes sense. 🤞

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, 60800 said:

Finally! Somebody likes it haha. No I only ever did that one view sadly. 

Cheers,

I didn't like the black ends but just in Darlington green I'd have one!

• Like 1

Dear Accurascale if you do D9000 in two tone green as per Virgin XC days then you can name your price and I will sell my car to fund it. 

I’m surprised no one has mentioned an Accurascale Exclusive of 55023 in L*** H*** yet

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Crew ordered for my 1970’s 55001 St Paddy, but I’m struggling for a crew for both 55002 and 55009, and how they be dressed if manning one that was out on the mainline in the present era?  Would it be shirt and tie, open neck shirt with a hi-viz on or just a plain shirt/polo shirt?

11 minutes ago, Ajax50046 said:

Dear Accurascale if you do D9000 in two tone green as per Virgin XC days then you can name your price and I will sell my car to fund it. 

I’m surprised no one has mentioned an Accurascale Exclusive of 55023 in L*** H*** yet

Or perhaps 55023 in Fag Packet livery... Zontar would be in his element 🤣

14 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @jools1959,

We dont plan too, we've only had one loco back that was totally unrepairable and we use it for spares. It's likely we do that with others.

Cheers!

Fran 

Now if it was a blue St Paddy in 1978 condition then using it as a Christmas Tree is taking realism to new heights