Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Just a couple of wee updates before we go back to wish listing.

We are (finally!) sending out all international orders from Monday. We are very sorry about the long delay in this, but (without getting any way political) we switched to a new warehouse facility in Birmingham as the Deltics left China due to the uncertainty created around the NI protocol, so we had to do a lump of customs work and jump through a lot of hoops to get everything sorted. Customs have been great and very helpful, but this just took us time to sort, and longer than we thought. All sorted as of this morning, and shipping will begin om Monday. We really appreciate everyone's patience on this one. 

Secondly, we sent out our first batch of Deltic drivers in baggies inserted into jiffy bags and some turned up broken (headless Deltic racehorsemen wasn't a great look!) So, we have upped our packaging game here, and come up with a much better solution. 

646849753_ImagefromiOS-2022-07-08T100535_646.thumb.jpg.9261e345066c3076fec182143dea8278.jpg

1811197043_ImagefromiOS-2022-07-08T100540_364.thumb.jpg.a3d070a940e5243dcc6adaa885acff86.jpg

Special thanks to the gang at Modelu for this one (be sure to check them out if you haven't, they do excellent stuff. It's also great to offer our first British made product with these, and we will certainly be looking into more.

Our next batch of drivers (sends batch of late, and first batch of early) are due in stock late next week, so once they come in we will get them out to you.

Cheers!

Fran 

When I started refurbishing X04 motors I too sent them out in baggies with folded over card, stapled at the top, but after a few returns due to carbon brushes getting broken in transit I arrived at my own, hand crafted boxes. 

P8146408.JPG.4f5d1911c8c37bf05e5f2a8182e8acd6.JPG

Old photo, so old address, but you get the idea :)

Edited by RedgateModels
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Have had the body off to change headcodes and fit crew.

As D9010 will be working Nagexes to Cheltenham a 1Zxx headcode was needed… made up from the supplied sticky codes dissected and stuck on to sellotape before fitting.

My Accurascale crew arrived unmolested in Jiffy bag so also installed along with a Bachmann pilot man …. No doubt a Saltley Seagull but had to be modified to become Shorty Smith rather than the Lofty Long supplied by Bachmann …. His head infringed cab roof clearance as supplied. Pilot man required as York crew only sign route as far as Brum…

BAAA228E-62D5-49C9-9A21-74A7191213F2.thumb.jpeg.4597561817cb9f574547904a83a648cc.jpeg

Edited by Phil Bullock
Picture added
  • Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Run 2 suggestions? Ok then 🙂

D9016 in TTG with WIPACs (split run between TTG and Purple as others have suggested?) 

55019 in Blue as currently running

55008 in Blue (not sure if the unique buffers are tooled though)

D9009 in Railtour Green 

Oh and erm if you do want to enter the WHIF market or want inspiration for a shock loco on your Warley stand...

d549qnq-c88317ba-7abc-4a7c-bb8a-f2ddda0b6d70.jpg.69d01889366a5f144845c8c938c709e1.jpg

I made this quite a few years ago but i'm still not sure why I gave it black noses.

Cheers,

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, metadyneman said:

Cheers Fran, I can't fault the service throughout purchase and return, it has been exemplary. I do understand things occasionally go "pop" unintentionally and despite my minor disappointment at it happening I am happy to learn from you that it will at some point be back on my railway doing what it did so well before it stopped!

I am also pleased to know you don't put dead ones in the bin... 🤣. I have been known to revive many a dead loco which is out of warranty but I didn't want to open this one up and invalidate the warranty.

Cheers

Jules

I bet its put a rod through the crankcase ;)

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @metadyneman,

We're very sorry that this is happened, but you can rest assured one of two of those things will happen. We wont just throw it in the bin and never contact you again. It's going to be all good 🙂.

Please keep the 55 suggestions for run 2 coming, folks! We have an idea of some we want to do, but not all the slots in the line up have been filled yet. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Haven't seen anyone mention the CIE livery, to accompany that illusive Class 37 I saw a few years ago.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Does the piece of rail add much to the postage cost?  

1 hour ago, Tim Hall said:

No, not railly.

1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

Flatbottom rate I guess?

42 minutes ago, 60800 said:

A very bullheaded approach 🥸

Makes "tracking" a lot easier though!

Mike.

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We are (finally!) sending out all international orders from Monday. We are very sorry about the long delay in this, but (without getting any way political) we switched to a new warehouse facility in Birmingham as the Deltics left China due to the uncertainty created around the NI protocol, so we had to do a lump of customs work and jump through a lot of hoops to get everything sorted. Customs have been great and very helpful, but this just took us time to sort, and longer than we thought. All sorted as of this morning, and shipping will begin om Monday. We really appreciate everyone's patience on this one. 

Secondly, we sent out our first batch of Deltic drivers in baggies inserted into jiffy bags and some turned up broken (headless Deltic racehorsemen wasn't a great look!) So, we have upped our packaging game here, and come up with a much better solution. 

646849753_ImagefromiOS-2022-07-08T100535_646.thumb.jpg.9261e345066c3076fec182143dea8278.jpg

1811197043_ImagefromiOS-2022-07-08T100540_364.thumb.jpg.a3d070a940e5243dcc6adaa885acff86.jpg

Special thanks to the gang at Modelu for this one (be sure to check them out if you haven't, they do excellent stuff. It's also great to offer our first British made product with these, and we will certainly be looking into more.

Our next batch of drivers (sends batch of late, and first batch of early) are due in stock late next week, so once they come in we will get them out to you.

Cheers!

Fran 

EXCELLENT NEWS! Can't wait to get the Deltic. Really looking forward to receiving the several different Accurascale items I have on order over the upcoming year or so. Excited is an understatement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, wairoa said:

EXCELLENT NEWS! Can't wait to get the Deltic. Really looking forward to receiving the several different Accurascale items I have on order over the upcoming year or so. Excited is an understatement.

I think you need to get out more!

Mike.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @metadyneman,

We're very sorry that this is happened, but you can rest assured one of two of those things will happen. We wont just throw it in the bin and never contact you again. It's going to be all good 🙂.

Please keep the 55 suggestions for run 2 coming, folks! We have an idea of some we want to do, but not all the slots in the line up have been filled yet. 

Cheers!

Fran 

DP1 to your level of detail, and with sound would be brilliant. Might need to adjust the tooling a little 🙂

Edited by zr2498
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

DP1 to your level of detail, and with sound would be brilliant. Might need to adjust the tooling a little 🙂

I think DP2 might be a better target in the medium term. Already got the chassis and it can use a tweaked version of the sound project from the forthcoming Class 50 ;)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Thought I'd show the world my three Accurascale Class Deltic's, 55001 'St Paddy', 55002/D9002 'The Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry' and 55009/D9009 'Alycidon', on their substantial boxes, in front of my print of a painting done by a local artist, showing 55009, 55010 and 55014 at Kings Cross in 1979.  Of the three, 55001 was perfect, 55002 had a brake shoe and 'something' fallen off, and 55009 had a chain come loose.  So I think I was very lucky considering minor issues some people had.

JTS_5519.JPG

JTS_5520.JPG

JTS_5525.JPG

JTS_5526.JPG

JTS_5527.JPG

JTS_5528.JPG

My wish list for batch two will now include these three loco's (55009/10/14) in the painting with sealed headcode boxes, and maybe a factory applied 'weather beaten' appearance?

Edited by jools1959
Additional info
  • Like 15
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Wishlisting for Batch 2

55013 with grey roof circa May 80

55008 in blue with domino headcodes

Any in blue TOPS with plated headcodes, but a FP one would be ideal for renumbering without having to scrape the nameplate off

Any FP racehorse in blue and white windows

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

That’s excellent Fran, I think my broken hands and legs were mostly because I was greedy and ordered so many and they were all packed in the one small Jiffy bag, boxes are a great idea.

Will the early crew come that way, I was greedy with those also 😁

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

That’s excellent Fran, I think my broken hands and legs were mostly because I was greedy and ordered so many and they were all packed in the one small Jiffy bag, boxes are a great idea.

Will the early crew come that way, I was greedy with those also 😁

Hi David,

All crews from now on will come this way. We're really sorry about the breakages!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi David,

All crews from now on will come this way. We're really sorry about the breakages!

Cheers!

Fran 

That’s fine Fran, you never know until you try something……I meant arms rather than legs of course, you’ve

already sorted the leg clearances.

Its not a big problem as it’s going to be very difficult to see the particular missing bits when fitted in the cabs, you’d have to be a rivet counter to complain 🤫

Now about the missing double arrows on the caps……..🤣

• Funny 3