Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Nowhere have AS stated that any of the models will be unrepeated.

I think its a firm bet that Gordon in purple will be repeated. It might be that other sell-outs are also repeated.

Make of this what you will....

49 minutes ago, McC said:

For clarity, and what it's worth, we've never repeated a running number / livery on any run of anything. Every run of wagons, etc , is unique vehicles, so I expect none of the numbers / liveries / configurations in this run will ever be repeated like for like.

"expect" is the elephant in the room though!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Nowhere have AS stated that any of the models will be unrepeated.

Other than this

52 minutes ago, McC said:

so I expect none of the numbers / liveries / configurations in this run will ever be repeated like for like.

Key word is "expect" but if that can't be taken as good info then I don't know what can be.

• RMweb Gold

EU models are indeed arriving. I now have my 50022 to go with my previously delivered Rails 55002. Neither of which are going on eBay.

55022 was very well packaged and nothing detached in the box. I am looking forward to trying out the sound.

Edited by BR Blue
More info and no it was not a 50
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

EU models are indeed arriving. I now have my 50022 to go with my previously delivered Rails 55002. Neither of which are going on eBay.

50022 was very well packaged and nothing detached in the box. I am looking forward to trying out the sound.

Something you should be telling us?

• Funny 8

I guess what eBay shows is that the market for top end models is very strong and Accurascale could quite confidently put a significant markup on price regardless of manufacture costs. 

Not sure how I feel about seeing them selling for >£500 on eBay as no one’s being forced to buy them, but it seems remarkable how so many sellers state they ‘forgot’ they’d ordered them…yet there’s a reserve way higher than what Accurascale charged. Flagrant profiteering. Still, at least with eBay’s fees and postage costs you can take 20% off the selling price.

I would have no complaints if Accurascale did another run of any of the models, especially 9016, so that people are more prepared to enjoy them rather than keep in the box, scared about devaluing something, which as it stands, is a collectors item. 

• Like 2

I guess what eBay shows is that the market for top end models is very strong and Accurascale could quite confidently put a significant markup on price regardless of manufacture costs. 

We’ll maybe. They may sell SOME at that price, but pretty certain they’d not have sold anywhere near so many. I wouldn’t even pay half that for just DCC ready

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Even my own arrived this morning. Yay! 

You mean no one brought you yours on their way back from a qc visit to Birmingham!?

2 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Other than this

Key word is "expect" but if that can't be taken as good info then I don't know what can be.

I didnt see that post. What does this mean for the latent demand for Purple Gordon? IIRC there were no subtle changes in its livery in the purple years (aside from the shiny refurbed power unit for a few months). But happy to be proven wrong

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, McC said:

For clarity, and what it's worth, we've never repeated a running number / livery on any run of anything. Every run of wagons, etc , is unique vehicles, so I expect none of the numbers / liveries / configurations in this run will ever be repeated like for like.

That’s a bit rough on any who missed out first time around. Someone who couldn’t get the cash together for a purple monster before it sold out will probably never afford one on eBay😪

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Slight technical question, due to economy at the time, I bought DCC ready models and I've fitted them with Bachmann decoders for the short term.  I've noticed that when their run, either the head code box lights up at the same time as the tail lights, or nothing comes on or just the tail lights, all three are different.  I'm planning to fit all three with A/S sound decoders and speakers eventually, but as I'm not really that DCC savvy, can anyone advise what I need to do to get the lighting to work for the correct direction.

12 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

That’s a bit rough on any who missed out first time around. Someone who couldn’t get the cash together for a purple monster before it sold out will probably never afford one on eBay😪

The poor devils!

Another example of Man's inhumanity to man!

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

3 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Slight technical question, due to economy at the time, I bought DCC ready models and I've fitted them with Bachmann decoders for the short term.  I've noticed that when their run, either the head code box lights up at the same time as the tail lights, or nothing comes on or just the tail lights, all three are different.  I'm planning to fit all three with A/S sound decoders and speakers eventually, but as I'm not really that DCC savvy, can anyone advise what I need to do to get the lighting to work for the correct direction.

This is why I was asking Accurascale to document which lights are wired to which functions. Only then is it possible to know which F button can be mapped to what light. So far I haven’t seen this (other from other modellers who have described how their versions seem to work)

13 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

It was made VERY clear initially that:

1. You could secure one with a £30 deposit and pay in instalments 

2. The models were proving popular and could possibly sell out before delivery

3. Purple Gordo was one of the fastest sellers (and was either first or second to sell out completely) despite some naysayers saying 'who would want a purple Deltic - turns out lots of people did

There's an adage that I'll use again about bringing a horse to water.......

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, G-BOAF said:

I didnt see that post. What does this mean for the latent demand for Purple Gordon? IIRC there were no subtle changes in its livery in the purple years (aside from the shiny refurbed power unit for a few months). But happy to be proven wrong

That's probably the best candidate for a (hypothetical for the sake of peoples wittering) repeat TBH.

29 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I've fitted them with Bachmann decoders for the short term.

Which Bachmann decoder? Some are ESU and some are Zimo IIRC.

Edited by TomScrut

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, LaGrange said:

There's an adage that I'll use again about bringing a horse to water.......

There's also an adage in these parts concerning invisible ink.  Tell me which bit of "Someone who couldn’t get the cash together for a purple monster before it sold out" you struggled with and I'll do my best to help😉

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

Tell me which bit of "Someone who couldn’t get the cash together for a purple monster before it sold out" you struggled with and I'll do my best to help😉

So you couldnt get a mere £30 together. Righto

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

There's also an adage in these parts concerning invisible ink.  Tell me which bit of "Someone who couldn’t get the cash together for a purple monster before it sold out" you struggled with and I'll do my best to help😉

But to be fair, if someone can't afford a 30 quid deposit and has three years to save the balance, maybe model Railways aren't  the best hobby to get into.

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Pay attention 007.

They've already said it's not happening.

But people seem to think that saying it and repeating it will change that, along with 'positive thoughts'

Eventually after enough 'No's' it will become a 'Yes'. But Accurascale are not the Government.........

Theres also the ancient art of 'modelling' to be considered. Forbidden tools such as 'the airbrush' and 'decal sheets' for starters..............

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Pay attention 007.

They've already said it's not happening.

Yeah, I know..... If you were paying attention you'll notice I quoted the exact passage twice in the last few hours where McC said they don't expect to repeat.

9 minutes ago, LaGrange said:

But people seem to think that saying it and repeating it will change that, along with 'positive thoughts'

I don't want one, just saying if there was ever one to do again that is probably it.

• RMweb Gold

17 minutes ago, LaGrange said:

So you couldnt get a mere £30 together. Righto

15 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

But to be fair, if someone can't afford a 30 quid deposit and has three years to save the balance, maybe model Railways aren't  the best hobby to get into.

it may be a mere £30 to you but you don’t know people circumstances and shouldn’t assume they can just magic money up as and when something is announced and just find the remaining balance as and when it’s required to be paid even if ‘they have 3 years to save the balance’ 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5