The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

Big Big Train - The Underfall Yard. With an instrumental called "Evening Star", and a new album called "English Electric" we can tell a lot about this band (I wonder if any of them are members of this forum?). 70s-style prog-rock with lots of flute, Very very English.

Frost* - Experiments in Mass Appeal. Not quite convinced by this one yet.

The Heather Findlay Band - Songs From The Old Kitchen. Acoustic re-workings of older songs, rather better than many of this sort of "unplugged" album tends to be

• 2 weeks later...

Just about to listen to....

Put Marillion sounds that cant be made onto my iPod, and will listen to on the way into work.

Just delivered this morning- will immerse myself in it over the next month!

Neil

Seemed that the new stuff was getting a fairly lukewarm reception last night - it'll be interesting to see in time if it's less popular, or just because people don't really know it yet. Can't say it's doing much for me yet - it's alright, but the change in atmosphere for Neverland said it all.

Edited by 37255

Had a few blissful 'moments' today driving down the country lanes along the Berks & Hants route, Led Zepp's 'Stairway..' came on the radio and sounded fantastic, despite it being seen by some folk as a cliche thanks to Wayne's World it was a nice surprise to hear it in full... eight minutes of Page / Plant / Bonham / Jones genius, with the volume almost going up to eleven. Just brilliant. On the way home I pulled into the access road by the railway bridge at Woodborough, got the box of cds out of the boot and listened to some more Zep, some Nick Drake, 10cc and ELO on the drive home... might sound an odd mix on the face of it but I've been in a real '70s frame of mind all day... great stuff ;) .

Edited by Rugd1022

• RMweb Premium

Various stuff, but Mostly Autumn's The Ghost Moon Orchestra is never far away, or off for long. Surely one of their very finest.

On tour now, one Westcountry date (Tavistock) at the end of this month.

Dave.

Some early Public Image Ltd today - what an excellent guitarist Keith Levene is, no flash but plenty of imagination. This evening I had a sort of chain reaction, starting with Passengers (U2 and Brian Eno) - Original Soundtracks 1, leading to Brian Eno & Harold Budd - The Plateaux of Mirror, then Harold Budd & The Cocteau Twins - The Moon and the Melodies, finishing with The Cocteau Twins - Garlands.

• Like 1