Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Mark 5, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Our packing gang are powering through the TPE pre-orders, but due to the popularity of these coaches on pre-order it will take a few more days to clear the backlog. We estimate that we should have all paid up preorders out by next Wednesday. If you haven't paid up, you need to do so ASAP or contact us, otherwise your order will be voided and offered for sale. The rest of the stock will go back up on the website later next week when pre-orders are all clear and we don't have a lot of stock left over, so if you want them you will need to be quick! 

If you have a pack on order but have not received any correspondence for paying the balance, please email us ASAP.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Awesome work guys. Got the golden email this morning, so rather excited for what tomorrow brings!

I've noticed a couple of people online saying they've had their order cancelled/not paid or whatever. Despite all the publicity via emails, social media, RMweb etc, I find it baffling people haven't paid the full amount. I think the original remaining balance invoices were sent early summer?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, JackB95 said:

Awesome work guys. Got the golden email this morning, so rather excited for what tomorrow brings!

I've noticed a couple of people online saying they've had their order cancelled/not paid or whatever. Despite all the publicity via emails, social media, RMweb etc, I find it baffling people haven't paid the full amount. I think the original remaining balance invoices were sent early summer?

Thanks Jack. @McC will likely confirm but I know several (half a dozen even?) reminders get sent out including after they arrive. Plenty of forewarning is issued and information provided on arrival. Not much more we can do, but someone else gets to benefit in the end I guess!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Thanks Jack. @McC will likely confirm but I know several (half a dozen even?) reminders get sent out including after they arrive. Plenty of forewarning is issued and information provided on arrival. Not much more we can do, but someone else gets to benefit in the end I guess!

Quite. Even if you're not glued to the internet like me, it's a bit hard to miss all this information. But as you say, snooze you lose and others will snap them up. Although hopefully for not twice the price on eBay...

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran 

connected to this - can you give us any indication as to when any ‘spare’ coach sets will be available? I’d rather give my money straight to accurascale than to a scalper on ebay

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Edge said:

connected to this - can you give us any indication as to when any ‘spare’ coach sets will be available? I’d rather give my money straight to accurascale than to a scalper on ebay

Go to the relevant product specific page on the AS site and click the 'email me if becomes available' button

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/mark-5-coaches/products/transpennine-express-mk5a-pack-2

Edited by spamcan61
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, Edge said:

35 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

Go to the relevant page on the AS site and click the 'email me if becomes available' button

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/mark-5-coaches/products/transpennine-express-mk5a-pack-2

Keep a close eye on your emails and you'll be reet (I make sure they are set to push to my phone so it alerts me as soon as they are sent). Got a sound fitted D9016 using this and it worked very well. There can sometimes be a couple of rounds of it so even if you miss out first time round you may still be ok. Also if you can wait a couple of years, based on the demand and speed that these sold out they may well do another run sooner rather than later, especially as these were exclusives so they aren't picking up the demand from retailers yet either.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Edge said:

Hi @Edge,

As per my post above it will be later next week. Can't be more specific than that at the moment I'm afraid. As others point out it's best to sign up to the email prompts.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

• Moderators

If you're waiting to see if you can grab any available stock there will be a competition tomorrow as part of the Skills Week on https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/ to be in with the chance of winning a Fort William Highlander pack of coaches. More details tomorrow.

Accurascale Mk5 Caledonian 4.jpg

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

If you're waiting to see if you can grab any available stock there will be a competition tomorrow as part of the Skills Week on https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/ to be in with the chance of winning a Fort William Highlander pack of coaches. More details tomorrow.

Will the competition be a pack to who has the best idea to improve on them?

Adding working Aircon, working shower, actual air braking system?  🤣

Perhaps who can offer up the best class 73/9 conversion to haul them unless of course someone has a surprise up their sleeves for ModelRail Scotland.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Sad that society sees fit to let property be defaced like that, i doubt if they caught who find this fun that there is any law to cover it and stop them doing it.imagine it been done to the steam fleet of the time.

Given it's a criminal act to trespass on the railway there's at least one law to cover it.

Defacing property has been going on for millennia.  I'm sure I've seen preserved coaches, complete with period vandalism - it's just easier to do with a late 20th century aerosol than a iron-age chisel.

25677408812_b975a20463_w.jpg

old vandalism by Maura, on Flickr

Steven B.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Perhaps who can offer up the best class 73/9 conversion to haul them unless of course someone has a surprise up their sleeves for ModelRail Scotland.

For the Fort William Highlander you will also need a GBRF 66 for the grunt in front of the 73/9. 

On 24/01/2023 at 08:46, Marcus-Jay said:

What is the correct term for the cling film esq material these coaches, and lots of other things are shipped wrapped in.

This is the wrap that goes around each individual coach.

Would like to order a roll for other packaging solutions.

Thanks

Any offers with this question, please?

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

nah make it a class 314

43A71090-0D7D-40EB-B222-BBCCCC1D1F9A.jpeg.62ae9b55c6fc394bfab4e34171164b67.jpeg

This is what I had in the accessory bag for my TPE Mk5s. I thought these came with a magnetic coupler for the loco like the ones bellow? 
C1668781-D9E2-42CD-94A8-E4A5E277FF63.jpeg.91449c90ebd393b9a4cbffe95221d82d.jpeg

I’m currently struggling with my set derailing but think it could be down to the couplers. I’ve tried tension lock and Roco and both have their issues 

Not having a lot of success with the magnetic couplers on a full 16 coach set.

My initial expectations were the wheel sets were just new and needed running in. However, after an hour of looping round the MRC test track (being pushed) the coaches thrn failed to remain joined together when pulled. Will try some lubrication on the bearings to see if that frees things up, but at this point the magnetic couplers don't seem up to connecting a full set of coaches.🙁

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Marcus-Jay said:

Not having a lot of success with the magnetic couplers on a full 16 coach set.

My initial expectations were the wheel sets were just new and needed running in. However, after an hour of looping round the MRC test track (being pushed) the coaches thrn failed to remain joined together when pulled. Will try some lubrication on the bearings to see if that frees things up, but at this point the magnetic couplers don't seem up to connecting a full set of coaches.🙁

Layout dependant, we found 100% successful running started to fail at around 12-14 coaches, which is why you can mix in the fixed bar dellner couplers into the rake if you have longer than that or a more challenging layout.

https://www.accurascale.com/en-us/collections/in-stock-now/products/fixed-dellner-coupling-bars-4-couplings

• Informative/Useful 2

11 hours ago, JackB95 said:

I had to ask for an invoice as I had paid the deposit in a mixed order that contained CL37's back in 2020. Contacted via the chat on the website and they sent me an invoice which I duly paid. Did not receive a request in the summer and that is why some people may be in the same situation. 

• Informative/Useful 2

Pulling my set of 5, Brutus has no issues, and looks great.  I've not tried / risked pushing - seems like it needs the magnetic couplings fitted first by what some have said.

Splendid is yet another victim probably of the misaligned brush motor syndrome, so awaits her 2nd motor.  Ordered last night.

Al.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Our World of Railways competition is now up and running if you'd like a chance to win a Fort William Highlander pack.

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/competitions/win-a-pack-of-accurascale-mk5-caledonian-coaches/

You will need a World of Railways login to enter.

Our first review of the models can also be found here as part of our Accurascale day - https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/Reviews/accurascale-mk-5-coaches

• Like 3