Mark 5, By Accurascale

13 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Sanders on a DT? Are you sure?

Roy

My mate who signs the traction said

"They autosand so traction and brake when it thinks you are slipping, so whenever it's wet as they are like Bambi on ice in the damp and whenever you press the manual button on the desk it will stick some down as well. 

Only work when driven from the DT though"

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

I have to say, the coach lighting is the best I've seen.  You may find it dim, but turn your room lights off and they've nailed it.  You realise that most other coach lighting is way too bright.  The tables are lit absolutely beautifully 

I really can't agree with that, the lighting is very uneven, all 4 of my coaches are the same, so I assume this is normal.

PXL_20230129_115556048.jpg

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Standards_in_OO said:

I was tempted by the TPE versions as I like that livery but didn’t pre order as they are a bit too recent for the eras I model. However, after seeing a few videos on YouTube they look amazing! I hope another run will be produced in the future. I might even buy a Dapol 68 whilst they are still available just in case!

Be sure you add your email to the 'notify me' button on the pack's you have interest in, there IS always stock on hand once preorders are completed (likely released mid day Wednesday)

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Wow . It’s been a long time since I’ve got this much excitement opening up and running a new train . The Deltic was good but slightly tarnished by have 3 out of 4 chains off and being pretty temperamental on my track  . But this is superb . Brutus has been waiting 4 years, I think , but finally has something to haul on the layout .My track work is dodgy in places it’s got 2nd /3rd and 4th radius set track  , so it was with some trepidation I ran the train . Mainly it’s ok but one of the bogies on coach B seems prone to derailing . For the moment that’s been sorted by turning the coach round -the train runs perfectly at speed,  but I suspect that means it’s not in prototypical formation . I loosened the bogie a little , but still derailing , maybe the back to back is out slightly on one axle  .  Brutus can’t push without causing a derailment to the first coach . Buffers are locking , I think because the couplings on the 68 droop a little . I will investigate . 

Love the magnetic couplings . No phantom uncouplings at all . And it’s strange seeing the lights stay on when power is off (I’m DC) . The decoration is simply stunning . 

Overall  a big well done to Accurascale . A stunning train at a reasonable price . Very happy 

now how about my Class 313/314/315/507/508 . Come on………..you know you want to 

4E7CB9B3-D41A-45A9-9E69-A03A9E7356B0.jpeg

543C19FD-C01D-4C2C-9F73-0D488C3D70A9.jpeg

Edited by Legend
Plea for class 314
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Legend said:

... And it’s strange seeing the lights stay on when power is off (I’m DC) . The decoration is simply stunning . 

Agreed, it looked particularly strange when I returned my coaches to the box after my short playtime and the lights were still on ;-)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, McC said:

Be sure you add your email to the 'notify me' button on the pack's you have interest in, there IS always stock on hand once preorders are completed (likely released mid day Wednesday)

Oh guess that means I will get some delivery notifications in the next 48 hours :D

Evening all, 

I received my TPE set last Friday, but only just got round to unboxing. Please can anyone on DC advise where I need to wave the wand to turn off the cab light? I know how to get the internal saloon lights on/off but can't find how to turn off the cab light. I know in the instructions it says the switch is on the blanking plate within the DT but I've swiped in every direction possible to no avail. 

Please can anyone who knows shed any light (no pun intended) on this? 

Other than the cab light trauma I can say hand on heart these coaches are absolutely stunning! 

Many thanks all. 

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, vanbasher said:

Evening all, 

I received my TPE set last Friday, but only just got round to unboxing. Please can anyone on DC advise where I need to wave the wand to turn off the cab light? I know how to get the internal saloon lights on/off but can't find how to turn off the cab light. I know in the instructions it says the switch is on the blanking plate within the DT but I've swiped in every direction possible to no avail. 

Please can anyone who knows shed any light (no pun intended) on this? 

Other than the cab light trauma I can say hand on heart these coaches are absolutely stunning! 

Many thanks all. 

From my experimentation at the weekend, about half way between the cab and the middle of the coach, if you see what I mean. I did find it fiddlier than the main coach lighting to switch on and off. Noticed the cab lighting isn't connected to the stay alive (on mine anyway)  which was a tad confusing at first.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

46 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

From my experimentation at the weekend, about half way between the cab and the middle of the coach, if you see what I mean. I did find it fiddlier than the main coach lighting to switch on and off. Noticed the cab lighting isn't connected to the stay alive (on mine anyway)  which was a tad confusing at first.

Your experimentation proved spot on, many thanks for your assistance kind sir. 

12 hours ago, spamcan61 said:

I really can't agree with that, the lighting is very uneven, all 4 of my coaches are the same, so I assume this is normal.

PXL_20230129_115556048.jpg

Not sure.  This is mine.  And by contrast, the APT taken in the same light 

IMG_20230130_220837113_copy_1600x1200.jpg

IMG_20230130_220908741_copy_1600x1200.jpg

IMG_20230130_220958811_copy_1600x1200.jpg

IMG_20230130_220828513_copy_1600x1200.jpg

IMG_20230130_220813291_copy_1600x1200.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

My TPE set arrived without a magic wand in the pack

Either that, or it was that magic, it was invisible................

I have been assured that I will be sent one when spares arrive.

Edited by newbryford
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, newbryford said:

My TPE set arrived without a magic wand in the pack

Either that, or it was that magic, it was invisible................

I have been assured that I will be sent one when spares arrive.

Will it be delivered by an owl?

Roy

• Funny 9

I have a question for DC users.    

Does your TPE driving trailer car show just red lights when it is running at the rear of the train? 

A video I watched on YouTube by a DC user (HSTHoward)  seemed to indicate only a white light illuminated and this  is clearly wrong.

Thanks in anticipation.

Edited by dandg
updated for clarity

1 hour ago, dandg said:

I have a question for DC users.    

Does your TPE driving trailer car show just red lights when it is running at the rear of the train? 

A video I watched on YouTube by a DC user (HSTHoward)  seemed to indicate only a white light illuminated and this  is clearly wrong.

Thanks in anticipation.

I am a DC user at present & can confirm after testing last night the lights correctly show red in reverse & whites in forward. I believe HST Howard may well be running the DT on DCC track with no chip in hence the whites showing on the rear. Could be wrong on that score but my DT was showing all the lights correctly in both directions.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, vanbasher said:

I am a DC user at present & can confirm after testing last night the lights correctly show red in reverse & whites in forward. I believe HST Howard may well be running the DT on DCC track with no chip in hence the whites showing on the rear. Could be wrong on that score but my DT was showing all the lights correctly in both directions.

Do the taillights come on at the non-corridor end of the end coach?

Useful for when dragging from the pointy end.

Edited by newbryford
Non added....

6 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Do the taillights come on at the corridor end of the end coach?

Useful for when dragging from the pointy end.

They do indeed when first placed on the track, however as per the Caledonian Sleeper coaches a quick wave of the wand over the roof at the rear of the coach will turn the red lights on & off as desired.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 minutes ago, vanbasher said:

Thank you for this information.  My DT shows the correct lights when running forwards but both red and white at low intensity when running in reverse.  

With regard to HSTHoward's layout he was asked a question in his class 59 video about which decoder he was using and he said that it was a DC layout.  He may have changed to DCC in the last few weeks of course.

• Like 1