'Genesis' 4 & 6 wheel coaches in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

It appears that for some reason the third ventilator and door from the right has been moved to the left to make way for the grill visible in the photograph. 

And it has a corridor.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, RJS1977 said:

Delivery from Hattons arrives at the Gwili Railway:

(Photo from the Gwili's Facebook page of two recently-restored coaches out for a test run).

6 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Heck no, that's a Ratio kit. And no attempt at Edwardian lining-out!

And it's mostly plated over. Typical 1930s?

• Agree 1

Plated over? Don't think so. I believe the image shows lines through the brown paint where the original lower mouldings have presumably been removed from the original panels. Not that the condition of coaches in GWR livery is of any real interest to me...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Why are we worrying about whether the panelling is correct /plated over on a generic coach?

I think you've been confused by the drift onto discussion of the two recently-restored carriages at the Gwili Railway. The point being made is that the lower panelling of the carriage in the photo appears to have been replaced with steel sheet, so the the waist beading is missing. The carriage on the left would appear to be one of their Taff Vale ones. I couldn't find anything on the Gwili Railway website about these carriage and the Railway Heritage Register website is not up to date - but looking at the photos of dead bodies there from 15 or more years ago, they've done some pretty good restoration work. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

The coaches at the Gwili are Taff Vale 220 and GWR 216, they also have (in various states of repair) 

Taff Vale Railway 145 – body only

Taff Vale Railway 153

Taff Vale Railway 48 (Tea Room)

Taff Vale Railway 153

Taff Vale Railway 51 – body only (tea room)

Taff Vale Railway 31 – body only (tea room)

Great Western Railway 793

Great Western Railway 8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 6

For those who had their pre-orders (or part thereof) for GWR coaches cancelled by Hattons (or waited until they were released but then missed the boat), due to customer(?) cancellations a number have now become available - well, it looks to me like ALL versions are available, including the 4-coach packs. Prices for those that had pre-orders cancelled will be honoured. I've just re-ordered a 4-coach pack...  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Great new for the unlucky one amongst us with cancelled orders.
Seems like there are a few Hattons cancelled pre-orders off their own that are being released on to the website.

(We have had a number of cancellations for these items and a small number of coaches will be released onto sale via our website later today.)
https://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/siteresults?search/q/genesis/sub-types/4 and 6 wheel Genesis coaches/liveries/GWR chocolate and cream%2CBR blue and grey%2CBR departmental olive%2CBR black with British Railways lettering%2CBR gulf red%2CSR olive green/stockstatus/InStock

Still plenty of GWR and a few others.

Best of luck

Kevin Fisher

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Coppercap said:

For those who had their pre-orders (or part thereof) for GWR coaches cancelled by Hattons (or waited until they were released but then missed the boat), due to customer(?) cancellations a number have now become available - well, it looks to me like ALL versions are available, including the 4-coach packs. Prices for those that had pre-orders cancelled will be honoured. I've just re-ordered a 4-coach pack...  

1 hour ago, kevfisher said:

Great new for the unlucky one amongst us with cancelled orders.
Seems like there are a few Hattons cancelled pre-orders off their own that are being released on to the website.

(We have had a number of cancellations for these items and a small number of coaches will be released onto sale via our website later today.)
https://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/siteresults?search/q/genesis/sub-types/4 and 6 wheel Genesis coaches/liveries/GWR chocolate and cream%2CBR blue and grey%2CBR departmental olive%2CBR black with British Railways lettering%2CBR gulf red%2CSR olive green/stockstatus/InStock

Still plenty of GWR and a few others.

Best of luck

Kevin Fisher

Thanks guys, I think, as I regreted not ordering the 6 wheel GWR lav when I saw its magnificence on this thread, as it had also sold out, but the lav and another 4 wheel all 3rd (diff r/number) just fell into my trunk.

There I was thinking I actually had some railway budget left for something at Christmas!

Edited by longchap
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Great news for those who missed out, but I hope those who had their pre-orders arbitrarily cancelled were given first refusal .... and at the same price ?

Maybe not first refusal, but Hattons are indeed selling at the original price to those who had any cancellations. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Coppercap said:

Hattons are indeed selling at the original price to those who had any cancellations. 

Glad to hear it. 

I wonder whether these are really a large number of cancellations - or has there been a hasty rerun by the factory?

I find it hard to believe that they have had enough cancellations on these (and not say on the LMS ones, still sold out on pre-order) from individuals perhaps they've found an admin error somewhere?

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Glad to hear it. 

I wonder whether these are really a large number of cancellations - or has there been a hasty rerun by the factory?

I find it hard to believe that they have had enough cancellations on these (and not say on the LMS ones, still sold out on pre-order) from individuals perhaps they've found an admin error somewhere?

Yes, there does seem to be a very large number available (it was 10+ for all types, I think, when I first looked, but some numbers have now dropped below 10 or are now OOS).

Like you, I can't believe they've had this many cancellations. Maybe some pre-ordered and have had a card number change, not updated their account, and then not responded to Hattons, or some pre-orderers are now modelling in another world so obviously didn't respond...but I doubt there's all that many.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

I had my entire order cancelled - so was very grateful to have received the email.
If you give them the original 'cancelled' order no they are promising to reduce the item costs to the original asking price.
So at least I can get the GWR coaches - maybe as others have said, the LMS one may appear. (Eternal optimism...)
.. For me - one of the most unusual thing about this is that my original order included one of the GWR Boxed sets - which they 'Now' seem to have plenty of 🤨

Edited by kevfisher
Spolling
  • Friendly/supportive 2

14 minutes ago, kevfisher said:

.. For me - one of the most unusual thing about this is that my original order included one of the GWR Boxed sets - which they 'Now' seem to have plenty of 🤨

Same here - once I got the original email advising the pack was going to be removed from my order, I quickly ordered individual coaches, from what was still available at the time, to try to make up the shortfall, though not all were available, only two types. Now I've re-ordered the pack, I'll have two more than I originally ordered. Not unhappy though, as they are really so very nice...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kevfisher said:

I agree - but instead of the pack I went for a more varied set of 5 - yes cost more but pleased to be able the enjoy these gems after the scare of the order cancel.

I re-ordered the pack as I originally wanted the tri-composite and both the 4-wheel and 6-wheel brake 3rds. I already have a good selection of the rest, but as I wanted these three, I felt another 4-wheel 3rd won't hurt...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

I wonder if the original consignment somehow became divided and the remainder have just turned up?

John

Well you'd like to think Hattons knew how many they had ordered to be made, and then closed the pre-order books for each model as it became 'sold out', rather than just continue taking orders they knew they could not fulfil. But there does appear to have been a bit of a c**k up numbers-wise somewhere along the line.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

I understand that normally, there can be a 10% variation from an order compared to what you actually get (and pay for) as a commisioner. So order 504 locos from the factory you could get 550, or 450.  While these extremes are unlikely, its possible that Hattons have ended up with more than they thought they had. 

• Like 1

Oh dear...I went ahead and ordered 4 of the six wheelers, that I wasn't going to order because I ordered LMS, MR, SECR and LNER ones.

Well, I guess they will look a lot prettier behind the Dean Single than those tatty old shorty clearstories.

The livery application is just so good..it was impossible to resist.

• Like 2