'Genesis' 4 & 6 wheel coaches in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold

Here's my attempted close-up!

It shows the line clearest above the exquisite brass handles.

The "white line" is either mat white or was very a very tacky gloss white when applied, as the surface is not smooth allowing shadows to form making it appear to be white mixed with a little darkness resulting in a light grey nearly matching the smooth grey just above it.

image.png.0ca93f62dd56fec36f2097aebbd86884.png

I know it's there now, so I don't need to look for it again!

Kev.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, SHMD said:

Here's my attempted close-up!

It shows the line clearest above the exquisite brass handles.

The "white line" is either mat white or was very a very tacky gloss white when applied, as the surface is not smooth allowing shadows to form making it appear to be white mixed with a little darkness resulting in a light grey nearly matching the smooth grey just above it.

image.png.0ca93f62dd56fec36f2097aebbd86884.png

I know it's there now, so I don't need to look for it again!

Kev.

It may well be different lighting but your grey looks much closer to the right colour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SHMD said:

I've just checked my "GENERATOR UNIT" and I couldn't see any white line at all.

...However, I got out a really good magnifier and there was the white line - as beautiful as anything - just hiding in plain site!

The grey looks ok to me too, no green hint.

(...under a Tungsten filament lamp lighting conditions, and in  daylight.)

Kev.

Oooh 'eck, that 'project' I don't need may be back on again then! You know how some things just grab you and are hard to resist.........think I'll sleep on it. Again 😴

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

After running my sets around a bit I have found one big disappointment. The NEM pockets

Mine vary from OK to rubbish

The OK ones are near as dammit horizontal and centered

The others very between a noticable set away from the centre, so they miss any other coupling they are trying to couple too - not rectifiable with the design used.

The worst are ones with a sag - quite a few, varying from a little sag to so much droop that a Kadee hits the sleepers and Roco/Hornby couplings wont couple when pushed together

Tightening the mounting screw doesn't work, some just overturn.

A bit of a fly in the ointment

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, barrymx5 said:

Plenty of excitement today at Broadtemple MPD as the "new" tool van arrives! Neatly fitted on the turntable with P class. 

DA0F70A3-C007-4C7C-B4C0-4E0270515B2C.jpeg

Now that looks rather cool Barry. Can you stick a strip of black electrical insulating tape over the back of the tools compartment windows and doors to block the light bleed?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So are the delivery 1, mentioned a year ago, SECR coaches imminent / next to come followed by the group of LBSCR, GNR & LNWR? Originally the batch two were going to be about two and a half months behind so just wondering if there’s an updated schedule?

• Like 3

On 12/10/2022 at 23:39, PaulRhB said:

So are the delivery 1, mentioned a year ago, SECR coaches imminent / next to come followed by the group of LBSCR, GNR & LNWR? Originally the batch two were going to be about two and a half months behind so just wondering if there’s an updated schedule?

https://www.hattons.co.uk/directory/versiondetails/article?id=594

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 12/10/2022 at 20:44, longchap said:

rather cool Barry. Can you stick a strip of black electrical insulating tape over the back of the tools compartment windows and doors to block the light bleed?

I had assumed the original might have had canvas blinds over the windows so the "bleed" would have been prototypical. 

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, barrymx5 said:

I had assumed the original might have had canvas blinds over the windows so the "bleed" would have been prototypical. 

Ah yes, quite possibly so, I hadn't thought of that and silly of me as I've just now remembered pulling canvas coach window blinds down as a nipper oh so many decades ago!

The GWR were known to paint over windows as an expediant method of creating privacy in coaches and auto-trailers converted from steam rail-motors.

A lovely looking vehicle.

Edited by longchap
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, barrymx5 said:

I had supposed that the intention was to represent windows that had been boarded over in the manner of such conversions:

lnwra3628.jpg

[Embedded link to Warwickshire Railways lnwra3628.]

That's an LMS conversion of an ex-LNWR coach, with a similar older Midland conversion of an old Midland coach on the right. I don't know if Hattons had a specific SR example in mind as inspiration when designing this livery version.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, JeremyKarl said:

SR ones in olive green must be imminent 😀 I have just been charged for my 4 pack set H4-46Pack-701L.

Jeremy

p.s. Just been charged for LBSCR ones too 😁😁

2 hours ago, Nile said:

Incoming.............LNER as well.

I've just seen this and checked my pre-orders to find that my initial preorder that covered LNER, SR, GNR, and LBSCR have been split into two seperate orders, the GNR ones have become their own little one, and the other three companies in the other... cost is still eyewatering even after the split... 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, melmerby said:

My pack of 4 Olive Southern are now in the trunk.

The matching 6 wheel full brake is still outstanding.

Full brake arrived and now in trunk, so items paid for, all should soon be on the way.

• Like 2

Really happy with my BR Black Dept full-brake. They certainly have been well worth the wait! 

Is there any info on when pre-orders will open for the preposed third batch? As I'm holding out for a full set in S&DJR Prussian blue... Surely a popular livery choice?  

• Like 2
  • Agree 2