Class 37, by Accurascale

1 hour ago, 60800 said:

I would love to see Europhoenix 37901 in the next batch if the tooling has been done to accomodate 901-904

I saw that there was a new announcement in the emails and thought that might be it since it has been about for the first time today!

But yes that's one I'd love.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 97403_Ixion said:

Hi Fran / AS team,

I've just searched for photos of 37402 and see they show an orange socket to the left of the headlight... then I noticed it on the model in yellow.  I don't know whether it was ever yellow but I guess something being corrected if not?

Either way I was really taken by this one... so got my order in early - not going to miss this one 😀

it’s on the list 👍

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

FVY-73zWIAACWBc?format=jpg&name=large

Interesting in that the letters of the nameplate are not central to the plate, but in the upper most section.

Has it yet run for Europhoenix, the rust is already getting through that paint job ?

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, adb968008 said:

Interesting in that the letters of the nameplate are not central to the plate, but in the upper most section.

Has it yet run for Europhoenix, the rust is already getting through that paint job ?

Out and about for first time today by Twitter threads,i expect the rust mark is on the model if they Accurascale it

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

That's the standard - not just for 37901.

Time for a gratuitous pic of my "local" 60 plate.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, newbryford said:

That's the standard - not just for 37901.

Time for a gratuitous pic of my "local" 60 plate.

Never noticed that before, that makes a lot of OO nameplates, rtr and etched inaccurate then..

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Never noticed that before, that makes a lot of OO nameplates, rtr and etched inaccurate then..

I think the lower case text is centred on the centreline of the nameplate, which means the upper case letters are more to the top. I’ve not noticed that before either!

• RMweb Gold

Lower case letters have a baseline and a x height, ie the top and bottom of the actual letter, it is this centre of these two lines which is centred on (all/most/some) railway name plates, so that capitals, and the letter t for example rise into the ascent of the text block, and the letter g for example drop into the descent part of the text block.

This is generic text layout, and dependant on the text style may differ slightly, such as on the Westerns which are all basically capitals.

Mike.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Going OT.

A quick check of a few pics of my locos and they all look OK.

Then again - they are Shawplan/Extreme Etchings and Railtec 3D, so wouldn't expect anything less.

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Wow, a truly incredible response to the 37 402 launch yesterday, with 20% of the production run pre-ordered up. Many thanks for the orders.

She does look pretty mind. You just cannot beat a 37 in LL.

GEB_9932_retouch.thumb.jpg.b0c28c6c83511ba34130029cd1c2fbbb.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

7 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Wow, a truly incredible response to the 37 402 launch yesterday, with 20% of the production run pre-ordered up. Many thanks for the orders.

Cheers!

Fran 

Certainly looks like the dogs danglies, erhmm would love the NYMR one (plus Isle of Mull), pretty please.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, adb968008 said:

The reason I suspect it's the norm, as Mick points out, is to accommodate for the plates containing g/j/p/q/y characters which need sufficient real estate beneath the adjoining text without otherwise sitting too close to the lower rim. You could argue if a plate doesn't contain any of those characters (like Mick's Clitheroe) then why not sit the text centrally so that it all looks uniform, but that would require having two templates...

I trace dozens of plates a week to get the exact positioning and spacing of the letters per the originals, and the mounting bolts too - a handful of which are vertically offset mainly in privatisation. Getting the mounting bolts in the correct positions may be considered by some as unnecessary detail, but someone somewhere other than me will notice! And that's before you get onto varying gaps either side of the text, varying gaps in between the words and varying radii of the plate corners. All good fun.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

I will be waiting for the 1980s spec version in a future run, which I can foresee in my little crystal ball! 402 is a good indication of what to expect, of course!

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

Be gone in a week then,are they here yet.................

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Not surprised. I would have bitten had I not already got 4 37s on order from you and Bachmann 37025 and 37424 in that (or very similar in the case of 025) livery.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

True but my order will wait until you backdate it to go with the 043 I have on order 😉 If you keep churning out the LL Scotties ‘they will come’ 😆

I experienced some great costumer service on Accurascale's website yesterday. I couldn't spend my GBP gift card on the .eu website. Neither could I fill in my Dutch home address on the .co.uk website as I did during my previous orders.

In a blink of an eye my gift card was converted to Euro's and it could be spend on my 5th class 37. 🤩

Time for more gift cards.. 😂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

True but my order will wait until you backdate it to go with the 043 I have on order 😉 If you keep churning out the LL Scotties ‘they will come’ 😆

Same. She's a real beauty but I will keep my powder dry on this one!

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Except a 37/4 in LL as per 1980s. I might have mentioned that little onion before...😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

Correct, so stop messing around and get 188/191/260/261/262 and 264 announced!!

• Funny 3