Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

There’s also a Letsby Avenue in the Falkland Islands. Been there since the late 80’s.

it’s on the Mount Pleasant Airfield complex and the HQ for the Joint Service Police & Security Unit (JSPSU) can be found there! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Oh it's real - the official address of S Yorks Police is Europa Link, but the entrance is off Letsby Avenue - the postcode for that road is  S9 1XY

image.png.8a984e972adcaa02bc031f06b50a725e.png

It's right by Tinsley so I believe 41A should be the shedplate.

Although this is more the ID I remember:

image.png.cba8f3c2e2e85dfa458b54bb763ccabb.png

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 08/06/2022 at 16:16, sulzer71 said:

Afternoon all 

Am I right in thinking 37043 has the correct details for a renumber into 37051?

Tia

Hi @sulzer71,

From our Project Manger...

They are almost identical, although 37051 retained its large footstep on one side that would have been used to access the water filler (removed by this time period), which we, of course, have faithfully modelled on our Railfreight Metals-liveried version of this locomotive. More importantly though, the livery application between 37043 and 37051 is quite different... 51 received a black roof, orange cantrail stripe and a much better proportioned large double arrow for starters 

HTH!

Cheers,

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @sulzer71,

From our Project Manger...

HTH!

Cheers,

Fran 

Wow . That really is attention to detail .   Now imagine asking the same question to Hornby about one of their locos ...............

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Legend said:

Wow . That really is attention to detail .   Now imagine asking the same question to Hornby about one of their locos ...............

They are to busy for that brainwashing the general population to think they are making the models to have,Hornby by the way have not been Hornby since 1964 when Frank Hornbys Meccano was bought out by Lines Bros and Triang got them.Accurascale are the modern company with the ethics of FRAN k Hornbys company............IS IT A SIGN...............Dublo made the first model Deltic.....makes you think..........

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

They are to busy for that brainwashing the general population to think they are making the models to have,Hornby by the way have not been Hornby since 1964 when Frank Hornbys Meccano was bought out by Lines Bros and Triang got them.Accurascale are the modern company with the ethics of FRAN k Hornbys company............IS IT A SIGN...............Dublo made the first model Deltic.....makes you think..........

I remember Islesy saying that Accurascale was a much nicer place to work than Hornby. Reading between the Lines, I mean the lines, Hornby is the worse off for losing him. I keep hoping and thinking that Hornby is turning a corner, then we get the problems with the LNER IET and the APT-P. 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

I remember Islesy saying that Accurascale was a much nicer place to work than Hornby. Reading between the Lines, I mean the lines, Hornby is the worse off for losing him. I keep hoping and thinking that Hornby is turning a corner, then we get the problems with the LNER IET and the APT-P. 🤷‍♂️

For anyone keen on model making, working at Accurascale must be like being in Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory - things made to the best of their ability and continually raising standards and customers buy into that!!

Hornby on the other hand must have some kind of fundamental problem. If I worked on or designed models I'd always do my best to get things completely right, but if an issue was highlighted I'd double-check and make absolutely certain later releases weren't affected. Of course they'll have a pipeline of models lined up for production so it might be too late to fix things straight away, but they just dont seem to learn or care over several years.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, GordonC said:

For anyone keen on model making, working at Accurascale must be like being in Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory - things made to the best of their ability and continually raising standards and customers buy into that!!

Hornby on the other hand must have some kind of fundamental problem. If I worked on or designed models I'd always do my best to get things completely right, but if an issue was highlighted I'd double-check and make absolutely certain later releases weren't affected. Of course they'll have a pipeline of models lined up for production so it might be too late to fix things straight away, but they just dont seem to learn or care over several years.

Triang living on Hornbys name.To busy with the lights camera action of TV.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, letterspider said:

Back to Accurscalee...Fran do you have any photo updates on the Class 37 such as livery samples - I only ask because you announced the Mk 2s more recently but already have those samples on display?

Hi @letterspider,

We do, and we published them several pages back now, but easily missed. 

No harm adding them again though!

Acc-37-376-5.thumb.jpg.92787ed4106b464278ec15de3dc4ba96.jpg

Acc-37-376-3.thumb.jpg.a75d6d3b19cf111554c680812b9bec09.jpg

Acc-37-376-1.thumb.jpg.c548609b5ed6c02c33f0d56c3c5d77b2.jpg

Acc-37-Modernised-374-1.thumb.jpg.711df382db57a9cbe012e30d32e000e7.jpg

Acc-37-Scottish-370-2.thumb.jpg.3893f6091342518bb38e420d8534bd8b.jpg

1059702497_ImagefromiOS-2022-05-04T084415_547.thumb.jpg.808758550c36fdd35fc24be997158d8f.jpg

Acc-97301-01.thumb.jpg.59ceaa17801ad461b1e691876b57d2b6.jpg

We're still awaiting pics of the as built and individual pics, but will give you a flavour of the awesomeness of these.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 1

17 hours ago, letterspider said:

Okay - I can't believe I didn't see those before - looking really great.  Wish I had put in a pre-order for the Europhoenix...hopefully someone will change their mind...

I feel for you. This was one version I couldn’t decide upon for a very long time. 

After seeing the above images and other snippets I relented and was lucky enough to secure a sound version through Rails. 

To be honest, given how quickly and well these models are selling I found that only paying the deposit to initially place the order was the best way (for me) to secure them. Subsequently with some wonderful service from the Accurascale team I’ve since paid my orders off in full. Being able to set up payment plans is a great option helping you to budget and secure exactly what you want before they invariably are gone…. 😉

Edited by Purnu
Incorrect information.
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Purnu said:

I feel for you. This was one version I couldn’t decide upon for a very long time. 

After seeing the above images and other snippets I relented and was lucky enough to secure a sound version through Rails, who subsequently sold out their pre-orders only a few days later.

To be honest, given how quickly and well these models are selling I found that only paying the deposit to initially place the order was the best way (for me) to secure them. Subsequently with some wonderful service from the Accurascale team I’ve since paid my orders off in full. Being able to set up payment plans is a great option helping you to budget and secure exactly what you want before they invariably are gone…. 😉

Best just order them all once they are annonced and pick the ones you dont need near the time,if this keeps up you will know model rail folk as they dont have a shirt to own..........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

And still no green ones.

Starting to fret!

Mike.

11 minutes ago, PjKing1 said:

I know it’s been asked before but any cheeky pics of the green and pre tops blue to tip us over the edge 😉

No need to fret. 

AFAIK the only green 37s announced are the first four or five.  Is it D6700-D6704.  other wise it is the refurbs, and that kind of thing in the first wave of production. Accurascale have very kindly given us chance to save our bunce ready for the second wave.  I am waiting patiently for a couple of GSYP centre headcodes - the Welsh ones.  However, I would also like one of the blue Landore ones with the extra bracketed headlight for the Central Wales route.  Whether that will be offered - maybe as an exclusive I have no idea, but it would sell well.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm hoping 'beyond' means there will be an announcement of liveries/variants suitable for early to mid 1980s (Rail Blue/Revised Standard/Railfreight + TOPS)

Edited by Ian J.
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ian J. said:

I'm hoping 'beyond' means there will be an announcement of liveries/variants suitable for early to mid 1980s (Rail Blue/Revised Standard/Railfreight + TOPS)

I’m counting on it ;)

Edited by 97406

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Nothing like a summer cold,ive got plenty green ones,cough splutter,think yourself lucky.

Snot fair. My hayfever is giving me plenty of reminders of what time of year it is.

The doctor said I need to find something to do indoors. So, no pressure guys but medical orders, surely that puts me to the front of the queue? ;)

Edited by Bucoops
  • Funny 4