Class 37, by Accurascale

11 minutes ago, PieGuyRob said:

Am I right in thinking that D6700 for Locomotion Models, is delayed until the beginning of next year?

From their most recent email/newsletter or here

https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/class-37-update-and-new-announcement-june-2023

"Batch 3 is the Blue/Green 37/0s. Planned shipment end of December, arriving in stock in February 2023."

Edited by aeroplane
added link
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Very nice but there are two versions yet to be mentioned which are the ones really likely to interest me.  At two very different places in the life of the real ones. So thus far my bank accounts rest easy. 

Are you thinking of the pairs on the "Welsh Dragon" or was it the "South Wales pullman" ?  I know pairs of 37s worked a named train From Paddington to South Wales 

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Covkid said:

Are you thinking of the pairs on the "Welsh Dragon" or was it the "South Wales pullman" ?  I know pairs of 37s worked a named train From Paddington to South Wales 

“Welsh Dragon” ? Maybe..but the SWP became a WR blue Pullman working well before pairs of 37 ( aka EE type 3 diesel ) worked for a brief period only from the spring of 1966,the XP 64 set on Swansea-Paddington workings. The experiment was not deemed worthy of continuation. 

4 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

I wonder why 37423 lost its nose aerial. It had one in compass livery but lost it on the DRS basic livery. Accurascale has it without the nose aerial which is correct

It will have been removed with the end of NRN Radio equipment which has been replaced by GSMR. 

Bruce

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I think I'm correct in saying those arnt spoked wheels, but rather disc wheels with white lines painted on them. 

I would say that if a particular model had that livery, Accurascale would replicate it. If it didnt, they wouldnt.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

Will any of the 37s have the spoked wheels please? (if that's the correct term)

see 1 minute 35 seconds for example

Hi @aeroplane,

We hadn't planned to but it might be cool to do, so we'll have a look and see what we can do.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Evening all. 
been reading the Deltic thread and enjoying the excitement of people receiving their new locos. It heightens the anticipation of the 37’s arriving later in the year!! 
bit of a numpty DCC question…..

One of my 37’s on order is DCC ready as I have a spare Loksound v5 loaded with Legomanbiffo’s WHL sound file. Will the chip be suitable for an Accurascale 37, or am I likely to lose some of the lighting functionality? 

Many thanks. 
Cheers,

Bill. 

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, billywhizz said:

Evening all. 
been reading the Deltic thread and enjoying the excitement of people receiving their new locos. It heightens the anticipation of the 37’s arriving later in the year!! 
bit of a numpty DCC question…..

One of my 37’s on order is DCC ready as I have a spare Loksound v5 loaded with Legomanbiffo’s WHL sound file. Will the chip be suitable for an Accurascale 37, or am I likely to lose some of the lighting functionality? 

Many thanks. 
Cheers,

Bill. 

it won’t be perfectly configured so you might have to tweak about with settings but it should broadly work 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, McC said:

it won’t be perfectly configured so you might have to tweak about with settings but it should broadly work 

Thankyou @McC Me and settings don’t get on too well. Might have to hold off to see if anything happens with Accurasound as mentioned in the Deltic thread! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, billywhizz said:

Thankyou @McC Me and settings don’t get on too well. Might have to hold off to see if anything happens with Accurasound as mentioned in the Deltic thread! 

Decoder Pro is your friend - copy the lighting settings you want, then write them onto the decoder - as long as the settings and lights are not linked, you should be fine. (Unless Biff says different!!)

Ian_B

• RMweb Gold

A First Look At Our Class 37/7 And A Glimpse At Our Future!

902087626_ImagefromiOS-2022-06-22T095125_164.thumb.jpg.663b89733d12380e032e06e0047e11a9.jpg

Hi everyone,

With production of our first run of our hotly anticipated Class 37s underway, it's time to reveal the first sample of our Class 37/7 tooling. This forms the basis of the forthcoming Heavy Tractor Group (HTG) limited edition model of their locomotive, Class 37/7, no 37714 and a glimpse at our future.

The model was presented to the HTG for appraisal and checking over ahead of decoration samples which will arrive later this year. It also showcases our thinking for their second production run of the Class 37 project, after the first production run of Class 37/0, modernised Class 37/4 and 37/6 begin to arrive in stock later this year. The Class 37/7 will be forming part of an extensive run two of the English Electric icons which will be announced later this year, along with other variants of this popular class.

With the HTG limited edition selling fast we recommend you get your pre-order in fast. You can do so right here: https://www.heavytractorgroup.org/shop 

Check out our blog on the sample here: https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/first-sample-of-heavy-tractor-group-limited-edition-accurascale-class-37-arrives-and-shows-future-range-direction 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The group's exclusive edition of 37714 is also the perfect taster for our second run that will introduce many all-new variants, including several never before tooled, to the mix.   

I wonder which these could be? Maybe 97302-97304 or different car headlight placements perhaps.

Also if they are making the 37/7s, 375xx might also be made then as well.

I found a larger photo of the sample here

Acc-37-V4-37714-3K.jpg?v=1655891190

Edited by aeroplane
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

With the HTG limited edition selling fast we recommend you get your pre-order in fast. You can do so right here: https://www.heavytractorgroup.org/shop 

Cheers!

Fran 

I clicked the link and money magically flew out of my account 🤪

The wonders of the internet eh 😉

I had been on the fence about this one, but I do need something to couple up to Alycidon as a brake force runner 😇

Cheers,

Edited by 60800
  • Funny 3

Which other 37/7s are you hoping for? I would like 37716 in DRS fade livery.

If they make 375xx, I hope for 510 in Intercity Swallow, 511 in Metals with large numbers and 516 in Loadhaul with no logo. Maybe 501 in steel blue too, Rail Express did one version, but there are 2 other versions if they didn't want to replicate that.

Edited by aeroplane
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

The group's exclusive edition of 37714 is also the perfect taster for our second run that will introduce many all-new variants, including several never before tooled, to the mix.   

I wonder which these could be? Maybe 97302-97304 or different car headlight placements perhaps.

Mirrlees 37/9s? The separate roof parts makes it look like it could be a drop in part? The bodyshell is other wise a 37/7 as far as I can see

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1