Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

The Class 37/6s are a complete minefield of detail variation. We know why nobody bothered to do them as a RTR model before, so it was just the job for a bunch of crazy folk like us! Gareth has been across them triple checking details while the rest of us did our best to preserve his sanity. 

It'll be worth it though! 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just ordered the Class 37 Stephen Middlemore. Glad I had the opportunity to do so. Cheers ACC. 

The question now becomes should I order the Class 92?

• Agree 1

On 23/06/2022 at 11:05, The Stationmaster said:

Simples for me - D6881, which I travelled behind when it was in multi with D6882.  Or even another from the WR batch - a photo can be provided of one which rather appeals.   And maybe a Eurostar one for old time's sake even thoug it s way out of the period of my modelling interest.

That would be a fine choice Mike.

• Thanks 1

OK then Accurascale

How about an Accurascale exclusive of this, whenb you get round to the Centre headcode Welsh ones

www.flickr.com/photos/86020500@N06/7921200958

A very very unkempt  37230 is green with full yellow noses and the barest hint of the lion and wheel logo, passing through Severn Tunnel Jn

Put me down for  #1 please  

Edited by Covkid
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
On 25/06/2022 at 22:02, Covkid said:

OK then Accurascale

How about an Accurascale exclusive of this, whenb you get round to the Centre headcode Welsh ones

www.flickr.com/photos/86020500@N06/7921200958

A very very unkempt  37230 is green with full yellow noses and the barest hint of the lion and wheel logo, passing through Severn Tunnel Jn

Put me down for  #1 please  

If one picture defines a 1970’s class 37, that it is.

• Friendly/supportive 1

19 minutes ago, billywhizz said:

Now the Deltics are with their new owners, I guess the level of teasing Class 37 customers is going to increase by a few notches!!!

Without a doubt. I could have very easily succumbed to a split green one, but am exercising restraint for my Welsh choices.  

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, StuAllen said:

So these look great but what coming first - the 37’s or the 92’s

It's neck and neck but I reckon batch 1 of the 37s will beat the 92s...

Place your bets ladies and gentlemen!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

10 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

It's neck and neck but I reckon batch 1 of the 37s will beat the 92s...

Place your bets ladies and gentlemen!

Cheers!

Fran 

Outside bet on a Class 50 being announced before either get here allowed? 🙃

Come on Hoover-get 'em on the final corner!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 23/06/2022 at 10:14, sulzer71 said:

If I were to wish list the ones I'd order if they were produced we would be here all day 🤣

Oh don't get me wrong, when centre and split headcode variants in "plain jane" banger blue suitable for early eighties are announced I'll buy them by the bucket load - nearly as many class 40's I'd get (hint...hint...)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Only one way to do an EE Type 3 - this way, the WR way.  D6898 almost fresh from the box passing through Cardiff General on a Barry - Acton banana special (sorry it's not the best pic in the world.

PS Banana vans anybody?

1191924839_D6898copy.jpg.2245b77d045134ec8540b3e9a00ef4bb.jpg

Spot on Mr SM …. In this (RSH) and VF versions please…. And which banana van are you fishing for there’s plenty of diagrams in that train! Currently building a train with Dapol bodies and red panda chassis….

Edited by Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Spot on Mr SM …. In this (RSH) and VF versions please…. And which banana van are you fishing for there’s plenty of diagrams in that train! Currently building a train with Dapol bodies and red panda chassis….

I think that train provides an excellent example of the sort of variety some of us would like to see in them marketplace.  if that train could contain that many variations in the visible leading wagons so could one in 4mm scale😇

• Like 1
  • Agree 1