Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Will the wheels be painted  black on the forthcoming model @Accurascale Fran? Being scale size the metal finish stands out more on the 37 than the Deltic. I think this is the one significant improvement that AS could make. I noticed that the Bachmann version has a painted wheel (and on the EWS version at least also has the white marks to indicate if the tyre has shifted which is something I dont think I've seen before on an RTR model!). I appreciate there may be a cost implication to this and that the Bachmann version is significantly more expensive than yours. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

For anyone who is disappointed they haven’t snagged a model out of the first batch nil desperandum. Rails of Sheffield seem to have nearly all the 37s (baring exclusives) available for preorder. Having thought I’d missed out I was able to order a Europhoenix one (although the reggie rail one was regretfully sold out). Fingers crossed it’s not a balls up on Rails end and they do have stock to allocate. 

Seems to be the same story with Kernow, all of them (bar exclusives as you mention) are still available for pre-order on their site. Hoping to snag a 37/4 if they actually do have them available after my original preorder with Hattons was cancelled due to problems receiving their full allocation...

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, trainman708 said:

Seems to be the same story with Kernow, all of them (bar exclusives as you mention) are still available for pre-order on their site. Hoping to snag a 37/4 if they actually do have them available after my original preorder with Hattons was cancelled due to problems receiving their full allocation...

Hi @trainman708,

Just a point of order; any retailer who places a confirmed order with us gets their full allocation, so not sure if the above info has been interpreted correctly. We make that very clear to all retailers. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @trainman708,

Just a point of order; any retailer who places a confirmed order with us gets their full allocation, so not sure if the above info has been interpreted correctly. We make that very clear to all retailers. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks for the clarification Fran... just put a preorder in with Kernow and all went well, hopefully there'll be no issues

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Will the wheels be painted  black on the forthcoming model @Accurascale Fran? Being scale size the metal finish stands out more on the 37 than the Deltic. I think this is the one significant improvement that AS could make. I noticed that the Bachmann version has a painted wheel (and on the EWS version at least also has the white marks to indicate if the tyre has shifted which is something I dont think I've seen before on an RTR model!). I appreciate there may be a cost implication to this and that the Bachmann version is significantly more expensive than yours. 

Hi Mike,

They will be chemically blackened and feature the correctly detailed wheel face and pattern to boot.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mike,

They will be chemically blackened and feature the correctly detailed wheel face and pattern to boot.

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks - are the Deltic wheels chemically blackened? They do seem quite metallic in appearance

On 24/07/2022 at 19:48, Michael Hodgson said:

With all forthcoming models we don't know how good they will be until they arrive.  The CAD, lined sample et al are very hepful in getting an idea of the level of detail and accuracy, but they give no indication of performance - haulage power, speeds etc. 

The trend to pre-ordering anything (and inability to get it if we wait for delivery) means we have to take a lot on trust.  For instance I don't think we knew in advance that a certain gas turbine loco couldn't cope with 2nd radius curves.

Which gas turbine loco?

2 hours ago, trainman708 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Have just pre-ordered 37001 with sound. Was late to the party when these were first announced.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

For anyone who is disappointed they haven’t snagged a model out of the first batch nil desperandum. Rails of Sheffield seem to have nearly all the 37s (baring exclusives) available for preorder. Having thought I’d missed out I was able to order a Europhoenix one (although the reggie rail one was regretfully sold out). Fingers crossed it’s not a balls up on Rails end and they do have stock to allocate. 

Quite a lot of shops have these available to order.

i suspect after release the frenzy we saw on ebay for 55’s maybe a little more muted with 37’s, though a few will stand out. But several shops seem to be “happy” with their allocation.

i’m surprised 37402 is still there though, I know its only just announced, but its hot rocks in the real world, all the DRS ones are (assuming they dont end up painted Orange in a few months).

Edited by adb968008

25 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Quite a lot of shops have these available to order.

i suspect after release the frenzy we saw on ebay for 55’s maybe a little more muted with 37’s, though a few will stand out. But several shops seem to be “happy” with their allocation.

i’m surprised 37402 is still there though, I know its only just announced, but its hot rocks in the real world, all the DRS ones are (assuming they dont end up painted Orange in a few months).

To me 37402 makes a very interesting comparison to the new Bachmann  37430 Cwmbran,i can only compare pics from the net ATM but to me AC's 37402 just has a little bit more   visual   oomph if that makes sense,but the Bachmann 37430 is certainly a great looking model.

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

funnily enough a surge of orders this week has pushed it into sold out!

thanks to all who ordered and appreciate realistic models at realistic prices. 

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I had a pre-order in for a blue 37001 sound fitted but have just been informed by the retailer that due to an error they accepted the order beyond the allocation that they had, and as the model is now closed to further orders they cannot get more. 
Having taken a look, it does seem that the sound fitted model is generally sold out on pre-order so I have had to order a non-sound one with another retailer

My question to @Accurascale Franis - as with the Deltic, are you hoping to offer the Class 37 sound decoder as an aftermarket fitment? 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

I had a pre-order in for a blue 37001 sound fitted but have just been informed by the retailer that due to an error they accepted the order beyond the allocation that they had, and as the model is now closed to further orders they cannot get more. 
Having taken a look, it does seem that the sound fitted model is generally sold out on pre-order so I have had to order a non-sound one with another retailer

My question to @Accurascale Franis - as with the Deltic, are you hoping to offer the Class 37 sound decoder as an aftermarket fitment? 

the 37 uses the same accurathrash speaker and the relevant LokSound chip (as well an em and p4 wheels and suitable crews) will be on offer before the models start coming into stock in the next month or so. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, McC said:

as well an em and p4 wheels and suitable crews) will be on offer before the models start coming into stock in the next month or so. 

Are the p4 wheels going to be the correct diameter for the 37 or is it the same compromise as with the Deltic?  (Not intended as a criticism, more curious as to

whether a scale wheel for a 37 will be useable to correct the deltic) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Are the p4 wheels going to be the correct diameter for the 37 or is it the same compromise as with the Deltic?  (Not intended as a criticism, more curious as to

whether a scale wheel for a 37 will be useable to correct the deltic) 

yes, no the compromise isn’t needed, and yes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

All this talk about AS producing 37402 got my attention, so they've announced a model of "Oor Wullie" I thought.  But oh no, it's some wierd imposter carrying the name of someone I do not know (that's probably due to my ignorance).  Damn!!

Some mid-80s Scottish thrashness just has to be part of the next release.  Fact 😉

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, McC said:

the 37 uses the same accurathrash speaker and the relevant LokSound chip (as well an em and p4 wheels and suitable crews) will be on offer before the models start coming into stock in the next month or so. 

Models coming into stock within the next month? I thought the first batch was due in October? Any sooner wojld obviously be positive! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 33052 said:

To me 37402 makes a very interesting comparison to the new Bachmann  37430 Cwmbran,i can only compare pics from the net ATM but to me AC's 37402 just has a little bit more   visual   oomph if that makes sense,but the Bachmann 37430 is certainly a great looking model.

Its not really fair to compare them though IMO. The checkerplate around the steps is a standout detail on 402 but wasn't ever fitted to 430 (for example). Maybe in the next week or so they will announce a present day /4 to compare with? I do think that market may be about saturated though with the AS ones.

4 hours ago, adb968008 said:

though a few will stand out

37425 is one I think will do, IIRC it was about first to sell out. Also 608. I think 97301 might be let down given it is the least favourite of the NR 37s.

4 hours ago, adb968008 said:

i’m surprised 37402 is still there though

I'd have had one if I felt I needed another DRS in BR blue! I have a Bachmann 37424 which is very similar. Also hoping 403 is in the next batch given it is on the NYMR at the moment.

6 minutes ago, 55020 said:

@TomScrutDamn my friend, you live in a different railway universe to me.  I don't have a clue what you just said!

In what respect? If it's the abbreviations:

AS Accurascale 

IMO in my opinion

IIRC if I recall correctly

Edited by TomScrut

• RMweb Gold
Just now, TomScrut said:

In what respect?

My detailed knowledge of the railways ceased about 1990.  After that I just get confused 😂

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, andyman7 said:

I’m another one who has been informed that their pre-order has been cancelled due to an error by the retailer. Hopefully my alternative source will come up with the goods.

• Friendly/supportive 2

14 minutes ago, 55020 said:

My detailed knowledge of the railways ceased about 1990.  After that I just get confused 😂

Ah lol.

The DRS 37/4s got the checkerplate under their steps when they were refurbished under DRS ownership as far as I am aware, hence why one could possibly think of an accurate 1980s 37430 as having detail missing but it shouldn't be there.