Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Bedlington North said:

Is it me or is it worth considering making the tiny "split payments" button of equal prominence to the huge "Checkout" button? 

It's an option some people prefer, not the default. (it's also the same width on mobile)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bedlington North said:

But you then have to spend time on forums posting enlarged screenshots of the webpage where the button is to people who can't find it.......

It's bigger than any other manufacturers split payment buttons - you can't even see theirs they're that small. 😶

• Funny 16

18 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @norfolkchinaclay,

Since the launch of the buckjumper we have been transitioning away from deposits on newly launched locos going forwards to a no money down model, along with our usual flexible terms offerings as we had customer feedback that deposits were putting people off from pre-ordering. So, pre-ordering going forwards no longer requires a deposit and it will only be used in special cases like a limited production model like the 89 in the future, if at all.

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks for explaining Fran! 👍

21 minutes ago, McC said:

It's an option some people prefer, not the default. (it's also the same width on mobile)

It took me a few orders to work out what payment options were available, I didn't think it was particularly clear the option to split payments or pay a deposit and the rest in time for delivery

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, GordonC said:

It took me a few orders to work out what payment options were available, I didn't think it was particularly clear the option to split payments or pay a deposit and the rest in time for delivery

The new website is live since Monday.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It's bigger than any other manufacturers split payment buttons - you can't even see theirs they're that small. 😶

That's not really a fair comparison though is it? If potential customers are actually giving feedback here that they can't see the button, then they are going to assume Accurascale don't offer split payments either. Just giving some UI experience to save Accurascale having to explain where the button is......

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

I wonder who is doing BR Blue Tops then - everything but that in the announcement.

The late 70s/early 80s period does seem to be the poor relative at the moment with both the 50 launch and 37 second batch missing suitable models.

At least I can save up for a 37 that fits when it is available, possibly an exclusive as happened with the 50s 🙂

Roy

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

D6601 and D6992 ordered on 6 monthly payments option …. All went smoothly .

Great models and a fantastic payment system …  millionaires shortbread all round! 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Bedlington North said:

That's not really a fair comparison though is it? If potential customers are actually giving feedback here that they can't see the button, then they are going to assume Accurascale don't offer split payments either. Just giving some UI experience to save Accurascale having to explain where the button is......

Of course we appreciate the feedback, the button is hard to miss (it's the only other button on the page and is mentioned in the text block on the right side too) and we'll certainly review how to make it more obvious.

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

The late 70s/early 80s period does seem to be the poor relative at the moment with both the 50 launch and 37 second batch missing suitable models.

At least I can save up for a 37 that fits when it is available, possibly an exclusive as happened with the 50s 🙂

Roy

ACC2611 Accurascale OO Gauge Class 37 Diesel in BR Blue with Orange Cantrail #37140

with the orange cantrail, are we looking at c.1983?

cheers,

Keith

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, tractionman said:

ACC2611 Accurascale OO Gauge Class 37 Diesel in BR Blue with Orange Cantrail #37140

cheers,

Keith

Late 80s, from about 86ish

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Nice spread of liveries, with 37140 and 37258 of particular interest. 

The blog giving clear dates as to when the liveries were applicable is a great addition. Saves hunting around on Flickr with the date filter to find out.

I must admit I was expecting a slight price increase and the inclusion of a working fan on this batch. Hopefully the fan can be engineered as an add-on in the future.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, scissors said:

The blog giving clear dates as to when the liveries were applicable is a great addition. Saves hunting around on Flickr with the date filter to find out.

Good point, thanks, I had not spotted this!

"March depot's 37140 was one of the first Class 37s to gain the high visibility headlight, being so fitted in mid-1986. It also gained an orange cantrail stripe later the same year before it moved back to Stratford in May 1987."

https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/new-announcement-class-37-run-2

cheers,

Keith

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The payment reshuffle answers a lot as i tried to pay for another shed, just need your bank details and i can instruct DWP to just send the pension payments direct.

Just looking as to how this goes now,wheres paypal option as i only see card payment?

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
concern.
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, tractionman said:

cheers,

Keith

That model represents 1986 onwards. For early 1980s you are really looking at no cantrail stripe or headlight.

Roy

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I dont know how you do it guys but you keep picking the ones I dont want !  Would have been nice to have a LL 37/4 in there or perhaps 37261.  I know they'll turn up in time , but I'm getting on a bit you know 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

1 hour ago, tractionman said:

Good point, thanks, I had not spotted this!

"March depot's 37140 was one of the first Class 37s to gain the high visibility headlight, being so fitted in mid-1986. It also gained an orange cantrail stripe later the same year before it moved back to Stratford in May 1987."

https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/new-announcement-class-37-run-2

cheers,

Keith

140 was a regular on the BIS PAA covered sand hoppers from Middleton Towers to glass works up north when it had the SF sparrow on it. Regularly paired with split box 040 in Construction sector livery or BR green 216 as I recall (school holidays summer 1988 or 1989!)

ps there was also 37144 which looked very similar. I cannot remember whether either had black headcode boxes at the time.

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
Add text
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Legend said:

I dont know how you do it guys but you keep picking the ones I dont want !  Would have been nice to have a LL 37/4 in there or perhaps 37261.  I know they'll turn up in time , but I'm getting on a bit you know 

Well next announcement is Saturday… Great Eastern would be my bet for a 37/2 Celeb Accurascale limited edition.

• Informative/Useful 1