Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

2 hours ago, McC said:

The magnetic lift-off roof on the 37 provides full access to the chip socket and speaker area. To fit the accurathrash simply pop off the roof, pop in the speaker connector (and chip)

All models have the 'iPad' style small speaker, stay alive bank and full lighting suite as 'built in, deluxe' features out of the box.

Hope that helps!

OK, good to have it confirmed that the standard model comes with a higher frequency fitted speaker. 

Yet, my first question appears to be unanswered? I don't let students evade my line of questioning, so I won't let Accurascale off! 

Is the Accurathrash speaker equivalent to either an EarthMover One or EarthMover Two? Though the sound fitted 37s are listed as EM2, I only asked above, as over on the Deltic thread there was a suggestion that the Deltic had an EM1 at the same time the Accurathrash speaker was out (there is nothing in the specification to confirm either way). Naturally, I want to ensure my 37s sound as good as the EM2 factory fitted examples! 

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, 159220 said:

OK, good to have it confirmed that the standard model comes with a higher frequency fitted speaker. 

Yet, my first question appears to be unanswered? I don't let students evade my line of questioning, so I won't let Accurascale off! 

Is the Accurathrash speaker equivalent to either an EarthMover One or EarthMover Two? Though the sound fitted 37s are listed as EM2, I only asked above, as over on the Deltic thread there was a suggestion that the Deltic had an EM1 at the same time the Accurathrash speaker was out (there is nothing in the specification to confirm either way). Naturally, I want to ensure my 37s sound as good as the EM2 factory fitted examples! 

"Earth mover" are brands created by another UK company who sell DCC solutions, and bear no connection to the actual Tangband speakers in use on our models ;) 

The Speaker specification is

Highlights

The easiest way to add high-quality audio to accurascale locos

Small, oval passive radiator extends response to 200 Hz

Tiny 2.17" H x 0.94" W x 0.34" D self-contained design

20.1 mm polypropylene-composite inverted dome driver

Specifications

Article number - T0-2008S

Woofer Type - Passive radiator design

Power Handling (RMS)0.5 W

Power Handling (max)1W

Impedance (Z)4 Ohms

Sensitivity73 dB (M / W)

Frequency Response200Hz - 20KHz

Voice Coil Diameter11.8 mm

Cone / Diaphragm Material - PP composite with elastomer

Surround Material - PP composite material

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 minutes ago, McC said:

"Earth mover" are brands ...

Ah, I did not know. I presumed that EarthMover was an ESU term/brand! Certainly having added sound to a Sudexpress 1400 and Euro 4000, the chip and speaker came attached from ESU. Good that Accurascale in the UK are making it as easy! 

OK great, that's the specification on the Accurathrash speaker on the website. Clearly the answer is that there is a single Accurathrash speaker that is fitted to all models, as well as being available to buy separately!

Only... being new to sound and wanting the best... these are the sources to my confusion -

The Deltic is here said having an 'EM1' speaker (through you say such a term cannot be used):

https://www.accurascale.com/en-au/blogs/news/turn-your-deltic-up-to-11-with-our-dcc-sound-decoders-and-speaker-kit

...you can now order our new "Accurathrash" EM1 type bass reflex speaker...

Yet, the Class 37 is clearly saying:

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/class-37/products/class-37-hn-rail-37405-dcc-sound-fitted

...Large EM2 Style Bass Speaker...

So, I shall ask again, but differently (please do not presume I am an idiot, I am only using published evidence to ensure I buy something I am happy with). Is the Accurathrash speaker available now as an accessory, from the Deltic timeline (first link) or upgraded to the Class 37 timeline (second link).

As such, and avoiding brands, we know now the Deltic is equivalent to EM1 and the Class 37 to EM2. The above links, would make the Accurathrash equivalent to EM1 and thus inferior to what you have fitted to DCC Sound 37s?

I do not want to end up buying the Accurathrash speaker as available, for it not to match a superior product in the Class 37. Clearly, as I have demonstrated, I am confused by the different uses of speaker terms (EM1/EM2) on the Accurascale website. Just seeking clarity, thank you for your efforts. 

• Like 1

On 16/04/2023 at 18:21, Graham108 said:

Apologies for being the 'apostrophe' pedant, but ...

your 1st use of the word 'its' should have one..... 

I will take comfort in your OCD being worse than mine, admit that I was once given a copy of `Eats, shoots and leaves' which after reading for a few minutes I lost the will to live. I'm sure that there must be literacy groups out there suited to such debate. 

In comparison to most things in the world the apostrophe does not even come close to a freckle on my bottom.  Indeed, I had to break off writing this at this point to go work.  At which point during the evening I was clearing up the carnage of 4 assults and someone else got spat at in the face.  Such frivolity over the correctness of a apostrophe, in such a wholly incorrect world seems pretty pointless, to the extent I know where an apostrophe should be placed.

I hope that my reply is spelt and grammatically correct, so as to cause no further offence.  If not, sincre apologies but quite frankly I do not give a f-hook. 😇

See what today brings (won't be a sound Class 37 sob-sob, waiting for a 37/6!). But I guarantee it will be more significant and severe than the odd  errant apostrophe.  

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

1 hour ago, 159220 said:

Ah, I did not know. I presumed that EarthMover was an ESU term/brand! Certainly having added sound to a Sudexpress 1400 and Euro 4000, the chip and speaker came attached from ESU. Good that Accurascale in the UK are making it as easy! 

OK great, that's the specification on the Accurathrash speaker on the website. Clearly the answer is that there is a single Accurathrash speaker that is fitted to all models, as well as being available to buy separately!

Only... being new to sound and wanting the best... these are the sources to my confusion -

The Deltic is here said having an 'EM1' speaker (through you say such a term cannot be used):

https://www.accurascale.com/en-au/blogs/news/turn-your-deltic-up-to-11-with-our-dcc-sound-decoders-and-speaker-kit

Yet, the Class 37 is clearly saying:

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/class-37/products/class-37-hn-rail-37405-dcc-sound-fitted

So, I shall ask again, but differently (please do not presume I am an idiot, I am only using published evidence to ensure I buy something I am happy with). Is the Accurathrash speaker available now as an accessory, from the Deltic timeline (first link) or upgraded to the Class 37 timeline (second link).

As such, and avoiding brands, we know now the Deltic is equivalent to EM1 and the Class 37 to EM2. The above links, would make the Accurathrash equivalent to EM1 and thus inferior to what you have fitted to DCC Sound 37s?

I do not want to end up buying the Accurathrash speaker as available, for it not to match a superior product in the Class 37. Clearly, as I have demonstrated, I am confused by the different uses of speaker terms (EM1/EM2) on the Accurascale website. Just seeking clarity, thank you for your efforts. 

Don’t know if this helps, but it’s the same size as this ESU speaker - I don’t know whether it’s the same as an EM1 or EM2. 

IMG_0294.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, cairnsroadworks said:

Don’t know if this helps, but it’s the same size as this ESU speaker - I don’t know whether it’s the same as an EM1 or EM2. 

IMG_0294.jpeg

I can confirm that's an accurathrash :) 

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/dcc-decoders-and-accessories/products/accurathrash-dcc-sound-speaker-pack-of-1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
On 16/04/2023 at 18:21, Graham108 said:

Apologies for being the 'apostrophe' pedant, but ...

your 1st use of the word 'its' should have one

your 2nd shouldn't

your 3rd should

Sentences should end with a full stop, and start with capitalisation, include commas  when delineating a list, even if its presented multi-line.

chatgpt proposes the following text…

Here's an example of how the sentence might be corrected based on the information you've provided:

"Apologies for being an apostrophe pedant, but your first use of the word 'its' should have one, your second shouldn't, and your third should."

In this corrected sentence, I added the indefinite article "an" before "apostrophe pedant" and revised the use of apostrophes in the sentence according to your instructions.

back on topic, I asked Chatgpt ..

What do you think of the accurascale class 37 ?

As an artificial intelligence language model, I do not have personal opinions or emotions, but I can provide you with some information on the Accurascale Class 37.

The Accurascale Class 37 is a model railway locomotive produced by Accurascale, a manufacturer of high-quality model railway products. The Class 37 is a type of diesel-electric locomotive that was built for British Railways in the 1960s and was used for both passenger and freight services.

Accurascale's Class 37 model has been praised for its accuracy and attention to detail, including features like separately fitted parts, accurate livery and cab details, and an accurate representation of the distinctive sound of the locomotive. The model is also equipped with a powerful motor and smooth-running mechanism, making it ideal for both model railway enthusiasts and collectors.

Overall, the Accurascale Class 37 is a well-regarded model railway locomotive that is known for its accuracy and attention to detail, and it may be a good choice for those interested in British Railways diesel-electric locomotives.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

These were in stock again a short while ago, so naturally I had to grab! (sound fitted)

look forward to receiving Spirit of the Lakes!

it was fate too, as I didn’t have access to my emails, but something told me to check the page and there it was, calling me! 

hope others managed to grab one too!

And the scary part? i am now only £250 away from Silver loyalty! That happened fast! 😂

Edited by Awes0mesauce
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

3 hours ago, McC said:

We've clarified the 37 specification to avoid any 'style' or 'comparative' confusion. - hope that helps!

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 10.51.14.png

So - previously advertised throughout all promotions as an EM2 speaker - but now the models have arrived and a query has been raised, you've "changed" the spec to confirm it's the less powerful, cheaper EM1.... Not impressed!

Edited by Plomax
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Plomax said:

So - previously advertised throughout all promotions as an EM2 speaker - but now the models have arrived and a query has been raised, you've "changed" the spec to confirm it's the less powerful, cheaper EM1.... Not impressed!

It's neither an EM1 or EM2. I didn't take much notice of what was advertised but I do see that RoS call it EM2 style. As they both look similar, with the EM2 a little bigger, I guess the accurathrash one is EM1 and EM2 style?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Plomax said:

But, don't forget the EM2 speaker is not good in all models and what actually matters is what the resultant loco sounds like...

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

14 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

But, don't forget the EM2 speaker is not good in all models and what actually matters is what the resultant loco sounds like...

Roy

You are correct - however this wasn't my point.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, McC said:

We've clarified the 37 specification to avoid any 'style' or 'comparative' confusion. - hope that helps!

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 10.51.14.png

Maybe just my simple mind but for me the spec is pretty clear.... 

Beats the competition by a long way and sounds more like a Tractor than anything else on the market currently.  Waiting for my 37/6!

When you do a proper 'Cornish Tractor' will Model U be producing a St.Blazey driver?  They do have specific traits. Plus a sound function for power handle through the windscreen! 

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Plomax,

Calling it an “EM2” was an innocent error on our part and we apologise for any confusion caused. Nothing more than that. We have now corrected the information to provide clarity. We should’ve amended the blurb to “accurathrash” before now

If anyone is unhappy with the sound of their class 37 they can of course return it to us for a full refund. We would maintain though that it is the best sounding RTR Class 37 you can buy off the shelf with the speaker set up it has installed. 

Cheers!

Fran

Understood, thanks for the clarification @Accurascale Fran

Can i just check, do the finished production models have metal helical gears?

• RMweb Premium

@Accurascale Fran @McC any comments on the cold start seemingly not working? Has anyone managed to get it working?

Also Fran, found the next Limited Edition for you guys and Run 3 - thanks 😂

cheers

Edited by AY Mod
Copyright images removed -please don't help yourself to content that belongs to others.
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Plomax said:

You are correct - however this wasn't my point.....

Yes a mistake was made - that is part of being human.

What remains the case is that for £90 more than DCC ready you are getting a fantastic sounding loco. That should be commended, and no, it never said it was an EM2 speaker, it said type - a subtle difference.

Roy  

• Agree 9

23 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Yes a mistake was made - that is part of being human.

What remains the case is that for £90 more than DCC ready you are getting a fantastic sounding loco. That should be commended, and no, it never said it was an EM2 speaker, it said type - a subtle difference.

Roy  

Oh come on, you are clearly splitting hairs!!! EM2 type is clear, otherwise EM "type" would have been stated - subtle difference.

I appreciated Fran's reply so lets leave it at that.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Plomax said:

Not impressed!

Please retain some sense of perspective, any more silly outbursts and I'll remove your access to the topic.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Awes0mesauce said:

@Accurascale Fran @McC any comments on the cold start seemingly not working? Has anyone managed to get it working

I've not looked back to see what that references but Concrete Bob landed here for review today and when the sound was first turned on the start-up process worked until the first main engine and exhaust sounds started and cut off after a second or two. I tried several times with system restarts with the same result.

Then, I started the loco moving before turning sound on and got full running sounds. Spooling the loco down after stopping and on the next start-up everything worked as expected, several times over.

The sound is phenomenally good, proper throaty!

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1