Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, James Makin said:

I’d go for a little touch of PVA glue (or similar), there’s a big risk in using super glue that it could overspill and damage the paint, at least with a non-solvent glue it’ll just wipe away and no issues! 

Thanks James!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

@McC @Accurascale Fran all this talk of Kickplates made me check on mine and sadly, I have one missing from the loco. After scouring my floor and the boxes like a frantic hooligan, it is nowhere to be found. Its only the one too! Bloody annoying and I’ll be honest I hadn’t noticed - but now I have, i cannot unsee it.

Is this something that Support could provide me with rather than send the whole loco back as I have just started installing the fiddly detail kit 😩

Edited by Awes0mesauce
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Awes0mesauce said:

@McC @Accurascale Fran all this talk of Kickplates made me check on mine and sadly, I have one missing from the loco. After scouring my floor and the boxes like a frantic hooligan, it is nowhere to be found. Its only the one too! Bloody annoying and I’ll be honest I hadn’t noticed - but now I have, i cannot unsee it.

Is this something that Support could provide me with rather than send the whole loco back as I have just started installing the fiddly detail kit 😩

Contact support. I managed to knock one of my Deltic horns off through deployment of sausage fingers and they are sending me a replacement. I also had a missing door handrail sent to me as well.

To reattach said kickplates, I'd go for epoxy applied carefully with a toothpick or cocktail stick as you can reposition whilst it sets until it's perfect. It is also less brittle than cyanoacrylate. Assuming the model is painted in acrylic you can also clean off any surplus with a toothpick and then white spirit on a small brush (note for enamels use IPA instead of white spirit).

Edited by 97406
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Pre-warned by this thread I also found one kickplate dislodged with the lightest touch - the one opposite end from the roof fan, right hand side if sitting in the cab. Nearest the Bob nameplate for that model.

I have some Glue n glaze handy so have used that.

Incidentally, mine is a non-Sound one (at the moment) and I had to change the dip switches from non-ESU to blanking plug settings on the dip switches.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It's slowly coming to room temp before I test it, but to look at it's great. Easily the equal of the deltics, with some extra plus points. One thing I prefer is the larger roof section - will make fitting the speaker and decoder much easier.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

It's slowly coming to room temp before I test it, but to look at it's great. Easily the equal of the deltics, with some extra plus points. One thing I prefer is the larger roof section - will make fitting the speaker and decoder much easier.

It will also make doing a 37/9 much easier 😀

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Detachable roof section notwithstanding, does the bodyshell just unclip from the chassis?

Exactly, that, per the manual.

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 11.01.28.png

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Received my 37423 today and super, super happy.  Down side is that I got the DCC ready version, so I'm after the sound chip, but do I also need a Accurathrash speaker as well?  As I know they won't be available for awhile yet, do you an approximate idea when I can get one from you?

Edited by jools1959

I couldn't resist running 37423 with a rake of DRS coaches on my layout, so here's the video below. The loco is excellent, very well detailed all round and is certainly a match for the Bachmann version. The thing that steps the Accurascale version up is the snow plough fitting. The ploughs fit beautifully in place with no fouling of the bogies etc. Just needed to nibble 3mm off the NEM pocket to clear the centre plough. Great model and now looking forward to the other ones I have on order arriving.

PS 37419 just arrived from Rails!

Edited by Tony Walker
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Tony Walker said:

I couldn't resist running 37423 with a rake of DRS coaches on my layout, so here's the video below. The loco is excellent, very well detailed all round and is certainly a match for the Bachmann version. The think what steps the Accurascale version up is the snow plough fitting. The ploughs fit beautifully in place with no fouling of the bogies etc. Just needed to nibble 3mm off the NEM pocket to clear the centre plough. Great model and now looking forward to the other ones I have on order arriving.

PS 37419 just arrived from Rails!

……and it weighs a lot more and it looks a lot better and the sound it miles ahead of Bachmanns poor effort and the details everywhere are better and it costs less and it has stay alive, etc, etc.

Anyway I was only posting to say you don’t need to take 3mm off the pocket, just remove it by gently pulling it down. Nice and easy.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

1 minute ago, Andy7 said:

……sound it miles ahead of Bachmanns poor effort 

Anyway I was only posting to say you don’t need to take 3mm off the pocket, just remove it by gently pulling it down. Nice and easy.

When you can get the sound to work first time on F1. At least the Bachmann version sounds when you press F1 and continues to run every time!

And if you remove the NEM pocket, which I initially did, then the loco derails. The NEM pocket needs to be retained in part as it helps the coupling mechanism move with the bogies on curves. If you remove it completely then the coupling mechanism fouls the bogies and the loco derails. Found this out the hard way. Ran the loco in straight out of the box with no problems at all. Removed the NEM socket because it fouls the centre plough, fitted all the pipes etc and then ran the loco again. This time it kept derailing on curves. So I refitted the NEM pocket but removed 3mm of it to clear the centre plough and no problems since. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Tony Walker said:

When you can get the sound to work first time on F1. At least the Bachmann version sounds when you press F1 and continues to run every time!

And if you remove the NEM pocket, which I initially did, then the loco derails. The NEM pocket needs to be retained in part as it helps the coupling mechanism move with the bogies on curves. If you remove it completely then the coupling mechanism fouls the bogies and the loco derails. Found this out the hard way. Ran the loco in straight out of the box with no problems at all. Removed the NEM socket because it fouls the centre plough, fitted all the pipes etc and then ran the loco again. This time it kept derailing on curves. So I refitted the NEM pocket but removed 3mm of it to clear the centre plough and no problems since. 

If your track voltage is a little low let the loco sit on the power for a minute which will charge up the supercapacitor. Once charged the sound will run normally. 

The NEM socket removal should have zero impact on bogie rotation. Perhaps some other factor at play?

Edited by McC
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 minute ago, McC said:

Mid your track voltage is a little low To y let the loco sit on the power for a minute which will charge up the supercapacitor. Once charged the sound will run normally. 

The NEM socket removal should have zero impact on bogie rotation. Perhaps some other factor at play?

Hi McC, I'm running the layout at 13.5v and have no problems with other sound decoders. I did have a problem with a class 55 sound decoder, which I fitted myself. Because of this problem I contacted your support and had to send the loco back to you. Simon kindly fitted the sound decoder and speaker for me and since then I've had no problem with it. So I don't think it's the voltage, but not sure. Will increase the voltage, so what do you recommend?

As for the NEM pocket removal/modification, I can only go on my own experience when running the loco both with tension lock couplings initial, to run the loco in, and then after fitting the snow ploughs etc to the loco. As I have said, initially the loco ran perfectly, but once I removed the NEM pocket and the snow ploughs were fitted, the loco derailed. Refitting the NEM pocket, but reducing it so it didn't catch the centre plough, solved the problem. Maybe it's my track or something else, but it runs perfect now.

Impressed 👏

Looking forward to my Europhoenix and NR ones arriving in the future to join these two.

In other news;

I had to wait at the level crossing on my way to work the other day, 37800 went past light engine, I couldn’t help but think it would make a nice model…Hint hint 😁

0AA10C71-7750-4CB6-87CB-E9770BB4B2E0.jpeg

7342C66B-DADC-4B34-873B-CE0E9274443D.jpeg

C2073A56-1F1C-4382-BCDF-E127C1699023.jpeg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Tony Walker said:

Hi McC, I'm running the layout at 13.5v and have no problems with other sound decoders. I did have a problem with a class 55 sound decoder, which I fitted myself. Because of this problem I contacted your support and had to send the loco back to you. Simon kindly fitted the sound decoder and speaker for me and since then I've had no problem with it. So I don't think it's the voltage, but not sure. Will increase the voltage, so what do you recommend?

As for the NEM pocket removal/modification, I can only go on my own experience when running the loco both with tension lock couplings initial, to run the loco in, and then after fitting the snow ploughs etc to the loco. As I have said, initially the loco ran perfectly, but once I removed the NEM pocket and the snow ploughs were fitted, the loco derailed. Refitting the NEM pocket, but reducing it so it didn't catch the centre plough, solved the problem. Maybe it's my track or something else, but it runs perfect now.

Hi Tony

The voltage is fine you just need to give a little time for the loco to charge up. Alternatively you can reduce the sound volume which will drop the current inrush. 

The NEm pocket definitely won’t impact so perhaps check in removing in the kinematic system hasn’t been jammed which will stop the bogie rotating freely. 

Any questions at all our team are standing by on live chat to assist. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

36 minutes ago, McC said:

Hi Tony

The voltage is fine you just need to give a little time for the loco to charge up. Alternatively you can reduce the sound volume which will drop the current inrush. 

The NEm pocket definitely won’t impact so perhaps check in removing in the kinematic system hasn’t been jammed which will stop the bogie rotating freely. 

Any questions at all our team are standing by on live chat to assist. 

Just had an email from Simon re the volume and that seems to have worked. 

As for the snow plough/NEM socket, the loco is running great, so leave it at that. Thanks. 

• RMweb Premium

That was stressful and fiddly.

@McC the manual to the install of these bits doesn’t work nor does the QR code. I did laugh at the place holder text left on the manual “URLADDRESSHERE”

oopsie. Trial and error and right order and its done.

IMG_9647.jpeg.0517c1d0076c5e75f9813775be6f4971.jpegIMG_9646.jpeg.c586fda357e99e8af5198dda9423979f.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

Good to see the LokSound chips are now available to pre-order! Only, seeing as I am now the volunteered 'Accuraproof' reader for the website... The 'refurbished' sound chip has the description of the 'original'. 

Screenshot2023-04-21at18_19_32.png.26896d5c62976babaef749d4defe3210.png

Now that's out there, I have a question. I am a virtual novice to DCC Sound, yet I am looking to learn (your approach of providing a chip and a clip in speaker seems to be a great way to learn). My main experience of the 37s is from Norfolk during the short set days. I am assuming that the 'original' is for the 37/0s including Colas's 37116, with the 'refurbished' being suitable for the DRS (and HNRC) 37/4 & 37/6? I remember fondly from my Wednesday afternoon writing days that 37422 and 37716 sounded different to the rest of the 37/4s in Norfolk. The best was always 37405 for sheer phenomenal sound! Equally, when the RVEL rebuild 37407 & 424 came along, 407 had more verbal charm than 424. All this might be down to other factors...

As the history is the 37 is rather complex, I do not want to assume that a refurbished sound is suitable for all modern livery 37s. Perhaps the specifications can state for what model it is suitable for? 

• Like 1

Forgive my ignorance. 
concrete bob.........Accurathrash DCC Sound, loksound refurbished decoder or original ??

i need to pre-order one. 

apologies for my lack of knowledge. I blame brain fog. 

Edited by Krieghoff