Class 37, by Accurascale

1 hour ago, cairnsroadworks said:

418 in current day mode is pretty much original. As @Torbay Expresssays the modern AS model covers those with DRS (and not all DRS 37s as I’ve mentioned on here before) - so has the LED tail lights, multi socket, plated bodyside window and the strengthened front windscreens. Some of the current DRS 37s (401/407/422/424) have all these mods but they retain the bodyside window. 

Wasn't referring to the DRS modified LED tail lamp surrounds.

Was referring to the D surround on the photo of 051, as like 418 pretty much original, as are the ones I'm 'very' familiar with and was standing staring at in the sidings.

1 hour ago, aureol40012 said:

Even the side profile of the cab looks like the real thing with the loco straight air brake handle just visible in the quarter light, and that brake cylinder detail on the bogie, exquisite…..

87DAF539-2F58-4F13-A0A9-D1744A938CC2.jpeg

Is that brake chain interfering in the corners at all - looks like it's getting trapped between bogie and body?

Al.

2 hours ago, westie7 said:

Wasn't referring to the DRS modified LED tail lamp surrounds.

Was referring to the D surround on the photo of 051, as like 418 pretty much original, as are the ones I'm 'very' familiar with and was standing staring at in the sidings.

Fair dos 😃

On 27/04/2023 at 22:15, Krieghoff said:

😔😔

well unfortunately My DCC Sound Concrete Bob is having to be returned for a replacement. Got it on the track and running it when it became really hot. Slight burning motor smell so switched it off and let it cool. Ran it again and its not right, stuttering and smells again as well as wont speed up. 

sent an email to support but confident it will be replaced. im not happy about repairs on a new loco to be fair. Ive got three of these and the other two are spot on. im hopeful that AC carry a stock of replacements in the event this happens. 

Still massively Happy with these locomotives. They are awesome. 👍👍

I feel your pain, similar thing happened to me.

Hi there I recently purchased 37425 with Accurscale sound from Oliva trains. For some reason the single headlight does not come on in both directions. I took sound decoder out of other one and single headlights work fine. Any ideas. 

I have taken delivery of 3 37s and only one sound. I have ordered sound decoders and two accurathrash EM1 speakers and wondered if the smaller speaker is already installed in non sound models.

There are no instructions for upgrading to sound and wondered if you will be doing anything on the Accurascale web showing best way to upgrade please?

regards

john

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I have taken delivery of 3 37s and only one sound. I have ordered sound decoders and two accurathrash EM1 speakers and wondered if the smaller speaker is already installed in non sound models.

There are no instructions for upgrading to sound and wondered if you will be doing anything on the Accurascale web showing best way to upgrade please?

regards

john

Mentioned earlier in the thread that the smaller speaker is John. Think the install is a plug in job. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, JohnC said:

regards

john

38 minutes ago, cairnsroadworks said:

Mentioned earlier in the thread that the smaller speaker is John. Think the install is a plug in job. 

Pop off magnetic roof. 

Plug accurathrash into socket labeled SPkR

Plug in sound chip

Pop on magnetic roof 

You now have a sound fitted model

• Like 18
  • Agree 1

Just realised that the planets have aligned nicely; my new build garden room (or rather railway room!) will be completed around the time that the second batch arrive.  Let’s hope it’s insulated well enough not to annoy the neighbours as I recreate the Fort Bill sleeper leaving QS at 5.50am…..

• Like 4
  • Funny 2

3 hours ago, McC said:

Pop off magnetic roof. 

Plug in sound chip

Pop on magnetic roof 

Ive ordered the sound decoder and the speaker. Daft question but soes the speaker come with the bits to fix the speaker into the loco or will i need to black tack it down.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Have also gone for a sound kit for 37043 when it arrives. As mentioned before, the locos lend themselves very well to being worked on and tinkered with, both with the detail and the DCC stuff.

“Project Accurathrash” is also due to be launched covering my existing models of 37430 and 40143. 🙂

10 hours ago, McC said:

Pop off magnetic roof. 

Plug in sound chip

Pop on magnetic roof 

Thank you McC - appreciate your help and looking forward to the arrival of my next threee

john

Good Afternoon all!

There isn't anything more I could say that hasnt been mentioned on this thread. The 37s are spot on, detailed to the exact prototype and the more you look at them, the more detail you see.

Anyway the only issue I have (asked Accurascale customer services about this too awaiting response) is double heading/top and tail. A must as I'm modelling DRS GA "short set", both locos will pull away fine work nicely together, then either one of the locos (randomly) will go in "wheelslip mode" (F8 not used) then either the set will separate (magnet couplings) or the coaches will come off, as one loco is then running quicker than the other. 

For the lighting, I have pulled the plugs for the inboard lights, unless there is a way to adjust the CV settings to operate them in top and tail mode other than just disabling the taillights. 

Anyway no criticism of Accurascale or the model itself, actually the Accurascale customer service are excellent, but if anyone has any suggestions, it would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks

Kev (Melton Works)

20230426_132004.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

F17 is the tail lights control and F18 is for the headlight, but once the functions are the same, and you have consisting set up ok on your controller, it should automatically work (if using a Z21, or ESU controller)

Hi I have purchased a non sound fitted 37419. Fabulous model, just using an cheapo rails 21 pin 6 function chip, but can’t get any lights to work. Also I might be being blind, but I can’t find in the paperwork and function data.

Model runs well aside from that ! So well that I want to buy the DRS version, does anyone know if 37423 is still available in any retailers - other than Olivia’s who randomly appear to sell new stock for higher than RRP.

1A838D4A-5918-4185-A55F-0C04CCE789B6.jpeg.980cbace85187cfa8bb480fad96ac33a.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 29/04/2023 at 12:28, aureol40012 said:

Even the side profile of the cab looks like the real thing with the loco straight air brake handle just visible in the quarter light, and that brake cylinder detail on the bogie, exquisite…..

Cracking photo that does full justice to what you re saying - in fact there is nothing in this image that obviously says 'model'. Remarkable. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, irvinest said:

Hi I have purchased a non sound fitted 37419. Fabulous model, just using an cheapo rails 21 pin 6 function chip, but can’t get any lights to work. Also I might be being blind, but I can’t find in the paperwork and function data.

Model runs well aside from that ! So well that I want to buy the DRS version, does anyone know if 37423 is still available in any retailers - other than Olivia’s who randomly appear to sell new stock for higher than RRP.

1A838D4A-5918-4185-A55F-0C04CCE789B6.jpeg.980cbace85187cfa8bb480fad96ac33a.jpeg

Did you change the DIP switches inside to reflect that you are using a non ESU decoder?  The settings are on a little bit of card with a lightning bolt on it.

Im using a Dapol imperium and most lightsd work except cab lights high intensity and engine room lights. I put as poist up on the last page.

• Agree 1

On 28/04/2023 at 15:41, meatloaf said:

My regional railways version has arrived fro0m rails of sheffiled. Shes a beauty. Nothing loose or missing as far as i can tell.

I didnt want to wait until the decoders arrived to have a play so ive put in a Dapol imperium 6 function.

Runs fine with it and most of the lights work.

F0 - lights on / off

F1 - tail lights no 1 end

F2 - tail lights no 2 end

F3 - drivers desk no 1 end

F4 - drivers desk no 2 end

So as far as i can tell the only lighting im missing is the cab lights ( doubt id use them anyway ), engine room lights ( again doubt id use them ) and the high intensity light.

F5 - F20 dont seem to do anything but im happy at that as i can at least run the loco on my layout and swap the decoder out.

Hopefully this helps anyone else after a decoder until the proper ones arrive.

One thing i did slightly struggle with is the dip switches are very very small  i had to use my phones zoom to see them. 

Hi Meatloaf

I have tried an AE 6 function and Dapol imperium 8 function in mine and cannot get hi intensity light to work.

also, due configuration of pins in loco having to put decoder in other way up to what I normally do.

No function descriptions came with loco, only with my sound fitted one.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 29/04/2023 at 12:28, aureol40012 said:

If someone told me that was O gauge I’d have had no doubt whatsoever.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Hi Meatloaf

I have tried an AE 6 function and Dapol imperium 8 function in mine and cannot get hi intensity light to work.

also, due configuration of pins in loco having to put decoder in other way up to what I normally do.

No function descriptions came with loco, only with my sound fitted one.

Likewise John, I had to put the chip in upside down and also received no function descriptions with my loco. 
I can get the two plated lights to work in mine but no other light functionality, even tail lights I hold f2 they come on on both ends! And then go out as soon as I release f2 no other functions work on lights.

meatloaf the instructions you are talking about on the back of the card with the electrical warning is just the pin position for non ESU decoder, sadly not a function list.

Fran/ Stephen any chance you could include a function list somewhere for the non sound locos ? 
thanks

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, irvinest said:

Likewise John, I had to put the chip in upside down and also received no function descriptions with my loco. 
I can get the two plated lights to work in mine but no other light functionality, even tail lights I hold f2 they come on on both ends! And then go out as soon as I release f2 no other functions work on lights.

meatloaf the instructions you are talking about on the back of the card with the electrical warning is just the pin position for non ESU decoder, sadly not a function list.

Fran/ Stephen any chance you could include a function list somewhere for the non sound locos ? 
thanks

The functions are identical on all locos, and you can download the function list in our support area / product guides / class 37, hope that helps!

We are due programmed LokPilots shortly which can be preordered on our website and are our recommended option. https://www.accurascale.com/en-eu/collections/dcc-decoders-and-accessories/products/class-37-lokpilot-dcc-decoder

Edited by McC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 hours ago, McC said:

F17 is the tail lights control and F18 is for the headlight, but once the functions are the same, and you have consisting set up ok on your controller, it should automatically work (if using a Z21, or ESU controller)

With mine F18 turns off taillights. On 419 F17 turns off high intensity light, 423 its spirax valves. I have a gaugemaster prodigy and not sure the consist has taken. Also F11 on 419 flange squeal constantly while moving and 423, whilst manuvoring through points etc. The running is a bit better, but one will occasionally go into wheelslip mode slowing down with the other coming off the rails?

Factory reset methinks and start again. 

Kev