Class 37, by Accurascale

12 minutes ago, MP40058 said:

Great stuff. May I suggest sending the speaker retaining brackets out with a purchased speaker, especially for the ones who have purchased non-sound version models from the first batch like I have. I have since pre-ordered the sound modules and matching speakers (i caved in big time) for both of my initial purchases

There are two different types. The ones for the Deltics are a screw down fit and the ones fornthe Class 37's have 4 prongs on them either side so that may prove difficult. 
im sure the guys at AS will have what we want as long as we ask nicely and give them the part number. 🙏

15 minutes ago, MP40058 said:

Great stuff. May I suggest sending the speaker retaining brackets out with a purchased speaker, especially for the ones who have purchased non-sound version models from the first batch like I have. I have since pre-ordered the sound modules and matching speakers (i caved in big time) for both of my initial purchases

That's a good point as I have also ordered a speaker along with a decoder for my non sound loco I have on order

• RMweb Gold

To be honest, I’m quite happy securing the speaker in with black tack is need be. There will be a similar solution with the non-Accurascale locos destined for them to be fitted too.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, McC said:

It depends on the model you’re installing in. The 37 for example doesn’t use brackets but the 55 does etc. We also sell a lot of accurathrashes for third party locos since apparently we’re rather good value for money. Simply drop our wonderful parts and warranty team a note (warranty@a..com) and we can send you any parts needed (free too)

Thanks for the speedy reply. However, I am slightly confused (doesn't take much) as to what the white retaining clips/brackets are that are holding the accurathrash speaker in place, in the factory fitted sound 37's? This is what I was referring to.

Edited by MP40058

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Speaker came today for the 37 :) 

Whats the ETA on the Loksound for the 37. My order page thinks 19th May is that right? :)

It is :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

I genuinely think this would be a good selling locomotive. The colour scheme alone and the fact its a 37 as well 😁

I suspect they are already planning how to slot this into the production runs; ideally before some alteration is made to the 1:1! Based on batch 2 the walls certainly have ears :P

Speaking of which some WHL 80's /4's and Inverness allocations wouldn't go a miss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krieghoff said:

I genuinely think this would be a good selling locomotive. The colour scheme alone and the fact its a 37 as well 😁

Ironically given its imminent arrival in model form in Europhoenix livery, I believe 37608 is next for the ROG treatment. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

55 minutes ago, cairnsroadworks said:

Ironically given its imminent arrival in model form in Europhoenix livery, I believe 37608 is next for the ROG treatment. 

Yeah but I’d still like to complete the set in ROG/Europhoenix livery first with 510 and 901 as Bachmann still haven’t done them despite doing 884 then 800.

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
Text
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

Yeah but I’d still like to complete the set in ROG/Europhoenix livery first with 510 and 901 as Bachmann still haven’t done them despite doing 884 then 800.

I’d love someone to do 901 with the roof mods!

• Like 2

Bachmann have just announced one of the 37s I'm after: blue with centre headcode and original bufferbeam skirts.  Having seen the Accurascale model, I'll happily wait for them to announce it.  Definitely has the edge and a bit more over the Bachmann offering for me.  Centre headcode without bufferbeam skirts in petroleum sector livery would be good too . . . 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1