Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Haven’t you forgotten the test for “Has somebody got theirs before me?” which throws the “Teddy bears out of pram” exception?

Roy

I’ve only myself to blame for 027 - should have ordered it with 043, but must have been tipsy or something so Rails came to the rescue. Then I got Shapfell as we’ll as it looks purdy!

3 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

When ordered my Alfa from the factory in Italy it was delayed by months, a total of 3 times. Just made me want it more.

To be fair, three months and it might have rusted away... 😁

• Agree 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

I am getting worried out one thing waiting for my Accurascale models...

...where the f*** am I going find room for all the boxes. They are all so much bigger than the actual model compared to other brands. I'm thinking I'm going to have throw away the innards and store multiple models in each box...

Just take bricks out of the wall…. Your mrs will never notice, and some boxes dual purpose as artwork.

• Funny 1

26 minutes ago, mallaig1983 said:

Just seen that I have an email too. Mine are on their way 😀

Oh I won’t sleep tonight 🤣

Like a child on Christmas Eve haha

Lucky you mate , as I ordered with TMC I'll hopefully see mine sometime next week :(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

To be fair, three months and it might have rusted away... 😁

As someone who has owned 3 alfas for a total of around 18 years (156, 147, 159) I have to dispute this. None of these cars had any rust on them at all during my ownership, helped by being galvanised.  Now they did fall apart…. (Esp the 156 - I had a box labelled “bits that fell of the car but I don’t know what they did”.  I also had to change the engine in the 156 and had repeated problems with the 159’s timing chain stretching. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Matt said:

As someone who has owned 3 alfas for a total of around 18 years (156, 147, 159) I have to dispute this. None of these cars had any rust on them at all during my ownership, helped by being galvanised.  Now they did fall apart…. (Esp the 156 - I had a box labelled “bits that fell of the car but I don’t know what they did”.  I also had to change the engine in the 156 and had repeated problems with the 159’s timing chain stretching. 

My family had an Alfasud in the late 70s. Lovely car, but it did rust. All cars of that time rusted badly, but the Alfas were especially bad. Nowadays cars have come on a bit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, 97406 said:

My family had an Alfasud in the late 70s. Lovely car, but it did rust. All cars of that time rusted badly, but the Alfas were especially bad. Nowadays cars have come on a bit.

Fair point and my apologies to Phil -

It would totally depend on what era the OP was referring to. Alfas were

notorious for rust in 70s and possibly 80s but they started galvanising their cars later to overcome their reputation being one of only manufactures to do so at time or so I was told anyway. My 156 dated from 2000 and never had a spot of rust - many other problems tho….

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fair point and my apologies to Phil -

It would totally depend on what era the OP was referring to. Alfas were

notorious for rust in 70s and possibly 80s but they started galvanising their cars later to overcome their reputation being one of only manufactures to do so at time or so I was told anyway. My 156 dated from 2000 and never had a spot of rust - many other problems tho….

They're fine from that era onwards.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Sounds like Italian trains too…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyra

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Chris56057 said:

Getting back on topic...

I'm hoping a spare 051 appears on the website next week. The 37/0's do look very nice indeed. 

Colletts Models, Exmouth have some non sound 37051’s available 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

That would be Lancia,shame as they were rally supremo in the day.

Others acid dipped their cars to go faster, Lancia just bio degraded as they went getting lighter as the rust fell off and the fuel load got lighter 🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

14 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Is this seriously normal behaviour? To be beyond excited about getting something and then because of a slight delay be totally “meh” when it arrives? 

When ordered my Alfa from the factory in Italy it was delayed by months, a total of 3 times. Just made me want it more.

For the people who are like you describe, I presume they are from the instant gratification generation?

How many people are still excited by the Hornby Standard 2MT and can talk about it constantly? How many people are still excited about the Dapol N gauge Bulleid Light Pacific which was announced how many decades ago? Your Alfa was delayed by months, but look at these. And I assume Alfa kept you up to date during those months, unlike some people whom I won't mention their names.

And I wonder how many people didn't "meh" when their Dapol Class 59 arrived after a 7-year-or-so wait.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Chris56057 said:

Getting back on topic...

I'm hoping a spare 051 appears on the website next week. The 37/0's do look very nice indeed. 

8 hours ago, Alan Oliver said:

Colletts Models, Exmouth have some non sound 37051’s available 

Rails appear to have Lock Eil non-sound versions available for pre order https://railsofsheffield.com/products/accurascale-acc230537027-class-370-37027-loch-eil-br-blue-diesel-locomotive?variant=35450415448136&currency=GBP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwm4ukBhAuEiwA0zQxk3LzEpMQIvDnWlTmXEMirA8ZsH46J33PTz8U22BUgQFaLDWuQTFnbBoCALoQAvD_BwE

Edited by 97406
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 10/06/2023 at 04:14, 97406 said:

Rails appear to have Lock Eil non-sound versions available for pre order

You are a very bad influence 97406. I just had to pre-order that one... 

And of course I had to order the sound decoder as well. Unfortunately the speaker is sold out... I think to remember the speaker is also available under another brand name.

Anybody who remembers that?  Found it.  Was a bit more expensive than the one from Accurascale, but I ordered it. 

This moves my pre-ordered 37 count to 3... 

Well, I was a good boy and didn't but anything at our MK show yesterday (mainly because I was busy doing a modelling demonstration...) 😄 

Edited by Vecchio
Found the speaker
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Vecchio said:

You are a very bad influence 97406. I just had to pre-order that one... 

And of course I had to order the sound decoder as well. Unfortunately the speaker is sold out... I think to remember the speaker is also available under another brand name.

Anybody who remembers that?  Found it.  Was a bit more expensive than the one from Accurascale, but I ordered it. 

This moves my pre-ordered 37 count to 3... 

Well, I was a good boy and didn't but anything at our MK show yesterday (mainly because I was busy doing a modelling demonstration...) 😄 

Another order of AccuraThrash will be in stock soon if it helps. The full specification and ID of the speaker are listed on the website should you wish to google it. It’s simply a custom OEM speaker from Tangband. hope that helps!

• Informative/Useful 1