Class 37, by Accurascale

A friend of mine (not on RMWeb) had his Loch Eil delivered, along with the AS sound chip but not the extra speaker.

He says he's not impressed with the sound from the built-in speaker.

As my 37 is not due until the end of August, when my sound chip AND speaker arrive, I'll let him fit them into his 37.

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, dave55uk said:

A friend of mine (not on RMWeb) had his Loch Eil delivered, along with the AS sound chip but not the extra speaker.

He says he's not impressed with the sound from the built-in speaker.

As my 37 is not due until the end of August, when my sound chip AND speaker arrive, I'll let him fit them into his 37.

I take it he didn't buy the Accurathrash speaker then 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, dave55uk said:

No, he didn't (silly man).

I hade one delivered Monday with my decoder and a couple of other bits , still no sign of the loco though and TMC can't tell me when it will be , saw Peters Spares had advertised some loco's on ebay earlier so ordered a sound fitted one as I'm fed up with waiting , hopefully that will be here by weekend 

When the other turns up it will probably get renumbered and the sound package fitted

• RMweb Gold

We would always recommend the additional Accurathrash speaker with our sound decoders for full experience and it just plugs into the PCB too (no need to solder!)

We have just sold out but more are due in stock in a couple of weeks.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We would always recommend the additional Accurathrash speaker with our sound decoders for full experience and it just plugs into the PCB too (no need to solder!)

Cheers!

Fran 

Hope you’re feeling better mate after the lurgy!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran 

I will certainly let him know - thanks Fran.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Shapfell on its way. Looks like my 3 will be on their way in reverse chronological order to me placing the orders, with Shapfell (no sound) and Loch Eil (full phat sound!) from Rails and 043 Loch Lomond direct from Accurascale. Not a problem, but useful info perhaps for those who ordered similarly to me.

8 hours ago, billywhizz said:

Hi @Accurascale have all the pre-orders from the latest batch delivered now been dispatched?

Hope not

I ordered 026 and 051 with sound back in July 2021 and still haven't had a despatch email.

Hopefully will be sent soon

Baz

30 minutes ago, bazil31 said:

Hope not

I ordered 026 and 051 with sound back in July 2021 and still haven't had a despatch email.

Hopefully will be sent soon

Baz

Just had my notification of dispatch for mine which were ordered June 2021, so you might not have long to wait. 

Craig 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Probably covered before. Am I right in saying that the smaller speaker is not fitted to the DCC ready option. If not can I fit my own without any probs. Or is there one available as a spare from Accurascale. Apologies for not paying attention, will stand in the corner for the rest of the evening!

• Like 1

Just now, Dunmar said:

Probably covered before. Am I right in saying that the smaller speaker is not fitted to the DCC ready option. If not can I fit my own without any probs. Or is there one available as a spare from Accurascale. Apologies for not paying attention, will stand in the corner for the rest of the evening!

From what I understand, small speaker and stay alive are both fitted to DCC Ready versions.

It's the Accurathrash speaker and Sound Decoder that need adding to get the same as the DCC Sound version. 

• Agree 3

23 minutes ago, LNERandBR said:

From what I understand, small speaker and stay alive are both fitted to DCC Ready versions.

It's the Accurathrash speaker and Sound Decoder that need adding to get the same as the DCC Sound version. 

I'm way ahead of you here, have had the sound decoder and Accurathrash speaker waiting the arrival of Loch Eil which I believe is now winging its way to me very shortly.

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Bucoops said:

And it's here at 10:50 😆 He just shrugged when I mentioned he's always early.

Of all the days to actually have a ton of work to do :( Hoping to get a look later.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, Dunmar said:

So the website I believe is a little misleading as it states the below (37027 used but I checked a few others too), which I would read that it's only the sound fitted one's that get a small or Accurathrash speaker. However, I am very confident, both based on everything that has been said on here by the Accurascale team and from previous releases, that the small iPhone style speaker is to be fitted as standard to both DCC ready and DCC Sound Fitted whilst the Accurathrash speaker is only fitted to DCC Sound only. This is why only the Accurathrash speaker is sold separately. Therefore (DCC Ready + DCC Sound Chip (from Accurascale) + Accurathrash speaker) is identical to DCC Sound Fitted, apart from having to fit them yourself/ box label. All the DCC features cards have had both versions on.

image.png.4d956fcdd15df6c06fe3321541d64ca7.png

image.png.7849e3ebb04542995dc7422df9a017eb.png

image.png.f02c7c9474b2354cf71eb1fdaa04a450.png

image.png

• RMweb Premium

The race is on. I got dispatch messages from Accurascale and Rails, so the decoder and the loco are on their way. What I didn't hear about is the speaker...  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Vecchio said:

The race is on. I got dispatch messages from Accurascale and Rails, so the decoder and the loco are on their way. What I didn't hear about is the speaker...  

Whereas I have a despatch note for my speaker but not for my decoder....c'est la vie...

• RMweb Gold

Ok that was easy. Black tack is holding the speaker down - I'd still like to be able to buy the two "factory" retaining clips if possible please? DIP switches tweaked as per the guide before fitting the decoder of course.

PXL_20230614_185444949.jpg.76e90f78740eedb273a9ce6213a640ba.jpg

An observation - considering the numbers produced (i.e a lot) I wonder if "flat flexible cables" would have been improvement on the normal wires between things? Would certainly have made assembly easier. Just an observation :)

The body was off so these cheeky chaps could settle in:

PXL_20230614_185622800.jpg.5f137af9e5c0e5ad372f0ae269470e1d.jpg

I've used glue n glaze as it was handy.

Best set something up to test it now!

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, McC said:

Speaker retaining clips are on the way 

Could they be included as part of the speaker ‘kit’ in future rather than as a separate part? I don’t mind adding on the cost but if they are the best way to hold them down it would be nice to have everything in one go to fix in the speaker 😉

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Could they be included as part of the speaker ‘kit’ in future rather than as a separate part? I don’t mind adding on the cost but if they are the best way to hold them down it would be nice to have everything in one go to fix in the speaker 😉

Our speakers actually get bought for lots of other things so including them as standard might be wasteful plus the deltic and 37 have different fixings for example. We hope to add a suitable range of options at a nominal (at cost) price that you can pick when ordering a speaker. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

I think that would only work if the clips were the same for all models (for all I know they might be)? But yes it would be useful for the future to be able to buy them at the same time :)

Ok, I was NOT expecting to feel the desk move when the engine starting sound is running 😲🙃😍

Edited by Bucoops
Cross-posted with McC :)
  • Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, McC said:

Our speakers actually get bought for lots of other things so including them as standard might be wasteful plus the deltic and 37 have different fixings for example. We hope to add a suitable range of options at a nominal (at cost) price that you can pick when ordering a speaker. 

That would be great, especially if you could add a prompt on the speaker page that says click for fitting clips or something. Just link them electronically rather than in packaging 👍

I accidentally bought 027 as well this week so will be adding another decoder and speaker as the current ones are for 043! 😁

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 5