Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

I got the last 409 from TMC earlier. Been on the fence for a while but decided to go for it after seeing all the pics floating around. I did also see that Pete's Spares had 3 left if anyone's still looking.

33 minutes ago, brittannia said:

Not a shop , about ! mile from me,  Cul de sac  road, Hyde Cheshire

Im not arguing with you, it says “accurascale authorised dealer”.  It either is, or he’s lying in the listing. Either way, it’s a matter for Accurascale to be aware of.  It matters not whether it’s a cul de sac, tent, or cave.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, aureol40012 said:

That is great, but it made me think about this listing that I saw earlier on eBay, allegedly from an “Accurascale Authorised dealer”, with a listing price of £350.  Do you guys have a policy on your dealers and pricing?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166249835006?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=_a4celwTRee&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=Tgsn5RGpQXK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1 hour ago, ThaneofFife said:

I doubt thatll come with any warranty unless its transferable with proof of originsl purchase.  

1 hour ago, aureol40012 said:

It’s an Accurascale dealer selling a new item.

1 hour ago, brittannia said:

Not a shop , about ! mile from me,  Cul de sac  road, Hyde Cheshire

25 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Im not arguing with you, it says “accurascale authorised dealer”.  It either is, or he’s lying in the listing. Either way, it’s a matter for Accurascale to be aware of.  It matters not whether it’s a cul de sac, tent, or cave.

he’s listed in Accurascales stockists..matches the ebay listing.

The ebay listing is a business seller, with address details published.

https://www.accurascale.com/pages/store-locator

So legit and ship shape, public domain on Accurascales website.

Admittedly odd to use a domestic address and mobile, but its not being hidden in anyway.

tbh I’m not sure you can force a retailer to sell for anything less than they want to.

Besides, anyone could just relist it with some ropey old wagon sell the pair together as a set.

Certainly many retailers use ebay, honestly as a business or disguised as private individuals… Their was one poor sole who bought too many drax wagons … he sold circa 50 of each set (c100 wagons) at c£100-120 a pair, thats some mistake he benefitted from when ordering for his layout.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Why should it really be a problem?

RRP is just that - recommended.

If a dealer wants to sell at higher than RRP, it is their choice.

And buyers choice to pay for it.

BTW, there are at least two other authorised stockists on ebay selling at higher than RRP.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

11 hours ago, adb968008 said:

tbh I’m not sure you can force a retailer to sell for anything less than they want to.

Hi,

A manufacturer can’t legally force a retailer to sell it at any price, once the retailer has brought the item, they can sell at basically whatever price they want. But obviously, profit margins, market forces or demand will effectively make the price for you.

In the UK it is illegal for the a manufacturer to force a retail price on a retailer, either directly or indirectly:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/resale-price-maintenance-advice-for-retailers/resale-price-maintenance-advice-for-retailers

Simon

Edited by St. Simon
Sorry, got mixed up between legal and illegal!
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Lets not go down this rabbit hole again.

if people dont want to pay it they wont. If they do they will.

failing that just list it as an auction and let it find its own price.

Good models will always find a higher watermark, griping about it wont change it, and tbh I think its healthy for the hobby that this does occasionally happen.

What I dislike is turning the taps on again to cash in further, as it loses confidence and it spreads to more models by that manufacturer by collectors.. often resulting in mass discounts, and inevitably must be lower sales.

In short occasional double yolks in an egg make for happy repeat business, but if everyone is a double yolk people only buy half the number of eggs and start expecting it.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1

On 25/07/2023 at 18:23, Graham108 said:

My order number for 37043 is 18986 from June 2021 - not heard anything yet (but I'm not in any hurry anyway so this isn't a complaint!)

@McC @AccurascaleReceived yesterday - don't know if my earlier post expedited matters but thanks Accurascale. Still waiting for an answer to a question I posted earlier regarding cab lighting on a DC version - Yes or No? If Yes then how do I make it work please?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, billywhizz said:

Hi @Accurascale @McC has dispatching now been completed for the Large Logo Class 37’s? 

very nearly. We’d hopefully tally up and there will be a small stock dropped online monday or tuesday around lunchtime. 

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Graham108 said:

@McC @AccurascaleReceived yesterday - don't know if my earlier post expedited matters but thanks Accurascale. Still waiting for an answer to a question I posted earlier regarding cab lighting on a DC version - Yes or No? If Yes then how do I make it work please?

False alarm on mine, It came on, on my DC rolling road, but that was because power to the rail was already on.

Ive not since reproduced it beyond a flickr on DC on my previous accurascale 37’s.

Thing is on my Bachmann ones, its always one, and tbh it looks odd seeing engine room lights on all the time, uncontrolled…

994C4481-E14D-40B6-A456-16C6729E31C5.jpeg.22d46329ab22b637b7946f900ddd8b64.jpeg
(This was a 37401).

On the real thing the engine room lights are very yellow and dim in the 1990’s, and the windows were dirty so you never saw them from outside. If you want a feel for what they are like, ride on a Blackpool 7xx series double deck Tram.. they seem to have bought a bunch of them, you can see the EE logo and deco style bulb covers on them.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Markn said:

I got the last 409 from TMC earlier. Been on the fence for a while but decided to go for it after seeing all the pics floating around. I did also see that Pete's Spares had 3 left if anyone's still looking.

I checked with Peters by Messenger last night wondering if they had a sound one in stock. Came back from Swimming and tea to find that they had all gone, as noticed them on ebay. So, immediately jumped on the one showing available. Bit more spent, but now on its way. Now needing Accurascale to have the sound decoder and speaker available as that will be instant purchase no. 2. 

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, ThaneofFife said:

ive not even had the email yet on mine.....thought they would all be out by now.......

I received my notification a few hours ago.  If it helps, I paid the balance on 3rd August 2022.

Steve

• RMweb Gold

My third Accurascale 37 arrived this morning and after a due running in period 37402 has been set to work on my DC tabletop pull & push Direct Rail Cumbrian Coast set ( Bachmann with DBSO ) .This time it’s a sound version .Yes it does work on dc only and is a lot of fun even with my Gaugemaster Combi. Which leads me to another question and here DCC cognoscenti please don’t scorn my humble ignorance…….when available ( they’re out of stock atm I see ) would the much admired Accurathrash speaker & chip work on the other two 37’s  if fitted retrospectively ?  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, ThaneofFife said:

ive not even had the email yet on mine.....thought they would all be out by now.......

Me neither.  Heard nothing so far, been checking my e-mails several times daily all this week.    My 37 409 is coming via a retailer, 48 hour tracked so I should be notified when it is on its way.  I checked their website and appears they have not yet received stock as mine is still showing on back order.

Somewhat ironic as this was the first of 3 Accurascale 37s which I bought and paid for and the other 2 from the earlier batches are already here.

12 hours ago, Graham108 said:

Hi Graham 108,

I would say no, I only had control of the headlights (not the car headlight) with a non ESU decoder (yes I had read the warning card and set the switches to the correct positions).

I then purchased a ESU decoder from Accurascale and can now control the headlights and car headlight but can't control the cab or dial lighting, doesn't bother me that much but can control all the lighting features on the Deltic with a non ESU decoder.

• Thanks 1