Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Am I right in assuming that 97301 and 37610 for Rails will be arriving on the 28th?  I’m hoping to grab a spare 97301 as I failed to pre order at the time they were announced, as my finances at the time we’re unable to pay for it.

• RMweb Gold

after some advice please, my esu decoder arrived today. set the switches according to the destructions, put the decoder in and off she went, all very nice. i then wanted to start playing with the lighting but nothing worked except the directional lighting. upon reading the sound/light quick start sheet i see the lights are all on function 18 or higher, is this correct? i only ask as i have the gaugemaster prodigy express and that only goes up to 15.

Hi,

Did anyone who bought their Accurascale sound decoders and speakers separately and had issues with the flange squeal ever get the problem resolved? Because I haven't! The latest chapter has had me removing the sensor under the cab, cleaning with a cotton bud and finally passing a magnet in front of the sensor! No! Sorry! But that doesn't work either. NEXT!

• RMweb Premium
On 25/08/2023 at 19:14, McC said:

IMG_5694.jpeg

Should look the part on Deadmans Lane next to 97301......

Hoping that they will be here in time for Wakefield Exhibition.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dunmar said:

Hi,

Did anyone who bought their Accurascale sound decoders and speakers separately and had issues with the flange squeal ever get the problem resolved? Because I haven't! The latest chapter has had me removing the sensor under the cab, cleaning with a cotton bud and finally passing a magnet in front of the sensor! No! Sorry! But that doesn't work either. NEXT!

Yes.. reblow of the chip and it works a treat 👍

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, jonnyuk said:

after some advice please, my esu decoder arrived today. set the switches according to the destructions, put the decoder in and off she went, all very nice. i then wanted to start playing with the lighting but nothing worked except the directional lighting. upon reading the sound/light quick start sheet i see the lights are all on function 18 or higher, is this correct? i only ask as i have the gaugemaster prodigy express and that only goes up to 15.

the prodigy express goes up to F28. Or at least mine does :)

1 hour ago, Dunmar said:

Hi,

I got a decoder after they went back on sale. F8 does nothing on mine. No cold start or flange squeal.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jonnyuk said:

I just put the decoder in without altering the switches and all the lights work on mine ( prodigy Express 2 )

For F18 press shift then 18

F19 shift 19

F20 shift 20 etc

Edited by meatloaf

8 hours ago, derekdoestrains said:

Yes.. reblow of the chip and it works a treat 👍

Mine was re-blown, so I believe , but that was before Accurascale announced that they were awaiting a report from ESU with regards to a fault in some sound decoders which was reported on here. They then we're going to contact those that bought decoders separately and rectify the fault!!!???

1 minute ago, Dunmar said:

Mine was re-blown, so I believe , but that was before Accurascale announced that they were awaiting a report from ESU with regards to a fault in some sound decoders which was reported on here. They then we're going to contact those that bought decoders separately and rectify the fault!!!???

Suggest you try speaking to them, the latest file fixed it for me on one of the two, the second decoder im waiting to come back from a friend for its reblow

• Like 1

Trying to remember how to be patient!

I've started to prepare for fitting the detailing parts to 37 043.

I decided it'd be easier to remove the buffer beams and attach that way - just taking care with the coupling mechanism - think I'll tape it up.

I noticed one end had one of the 4 tiny retaining screws missing - I'll never find that if it's fallen off ... !!

No big deal.

Al.

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Trying to remember how to be patient!

I've started to prepare for fitting the detailing parts to 37 043.

I decided it'd be easier to remove the buffer beams and attach that way - just taking care with the coupling mechanism - think I'll tape it up.

I noticed one end had one of the 4 tiny retaining screws missing - I'll never find that if it's fallen off ... !!

No big deal.

Al.

They stay perfectly well attached with just the 2 screws at the front. There’s a few in the carpet in my room!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, derekdoestrains said:

Suggest you try speaking to them, the latest file fixed it for me on one of the two, the second decoder im waiting to come back from a friend for its reblow

Hi,

I have been speaking to them. It was them that suggested I clean the sensor. My re-blow was prior to Accurascale contacting ESU so my fault still existed.