Class 37, by Accurascale

18 minutes ago, derekdoestrains said:

Or 37608 for that matter 😂

I enquired yesterday and they are still in the process of sending them out, 37608 was delayed getting to Accurascale so are likely to be last to leave.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, Haverail said:

I enquired yesterday and they are still in the process of sending them out, 37608 was delayed getting to Accurascale so are likely to be last to leave.

There's already three 37608s on ebay....

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, newbryford said:

There's already three 37608s on ebay....

One being from a fairly new seller in oakhampton who says they don’t have them in stock but are en route from accurascale

oakhampton and items not in stock ringing any alarm bells? 

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

I've just received my first Accurascale class 37 and it really is a fantastic model. Looks, feels and sounds amazing!

I've got an Accurascale class 92 which I was already very impressed with, but the bogie relief on the 37 is leagues ahead (the bogies on the 92 had a lot of solid plastic where I believe there should be daylight). Shows a staggering rate of progress from Accurascale from what was already a brilliant loco with the 92.

Well done Accurascale once more on an 11/10 product! 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, CazRail said:

Mine sounded like the bearings either side of the worm gear were dry, so I'm in the middle of cleaning them up and re-lubricaring them to see if that'll do it.

Look forward to hearing how you get on.

1 hour ago, scissors said:

Look forward to hearing how you get on.

I've done mine tonight before I went to work, with mixed results. 

Both were spot on after I'd lubricated them, but after running them in multi, the lead loco developed the squeak again after a couple of laps.

The need speed matching, and its not as bad when they run singley, so I'm wondering if the lead loco pulling faster than the other is causing it. 

• Thanks 1

Good morning everyone, I received my speaker clips for fitting into 37419 & 423 yesterday. On taking the roof off 37419 I attempted to fit the clips but really couldn't get them to sit properly. I attempted to move the wiring underneath to the side aa best I could but still couldn't seem to achieve a snug fit. Please can anyone who's maybe fitted these already offer any tips on how to correctly fit them? I had the roof off 37425 aswell which came fitted with sound from the factory & the clips on the speakers are very snug fitted so was a little disappointing I couldn't get the same with 419.

Any help as always greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, vanbasher said:

Good morning everyone, I received my speaker clips for fitting into 37419 & 423 yesterday. On taking the roof off 37419 I attempted to fit the clips but really couldn't get them to sit properly. I attempted to move the wiring underneath to the side aa best I could but still couldn't seem to achieve a snug fit. Please can anyone who's maybe fitted these already offer any tips on how to correctly fit them? I had the roof off 37425 aswell which came fitted with sound from the factory & the clips on the speakers are very snug fitted so was a little disappointing I couldn't get the same with 419.

Any help as always greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.

I found with 37027 I had to reposition the tape, which gave some more play with the wires. I generally routed the wires round one side of the speaker. Some of the wires were a bit tight so had to go in board of one of the corners of the clips. I would take photos but honestly did find them a slight faff to fit so don't won't to take them out. I also found using some tweezers to bend the legs of the clips slightly (only once in position) to make them clip into place a bit easier worked. Removing the decoder also helped.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E100 said:

I found with 37027 I had to reposition the tape, which gave some more play with the wires. I generally routed the wires round one side of the speaker. Some of the wires were a bit tight so had to go in board of one of the corners of the clips. I would take photos but honestly did find them a slight faff to fit so don't won't to take them out. I also found using some tweezers to bend the legs of the clips slightly (only once in position) to make them clip into place a bit easier worked. Removing the decoder also helped.

I found the same with the wires being a bit tight, although I was only using black-tack. The wires still have to be routed in such a way that they don't raise the speaker too far, otherwise the magnetic roof panel won't quite sit properly.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, SRman said:

I found the same with the wires being a bit tight, although I was only using black-tack. The wires still have to be routed in such a way that they don't raise the speaker too far, otherwise the magnetic roof panel won't quite sit properly.

Part of my feedback on here when I received my 37027 was that I felt a better design is to have the wires routed more effectively or to use the PCB for the wires with the sockets the other side. Obviously, doubt they'll be changing the PCB just for that but something for them to bear in mind in future releases.

28 minutes ago, E100 said:

Part of my feedback on here when I received my 37027 was that I felt a better design is to have the wires routed more effectively or to use the PCB for the wires with the sockets the other side. Obviously, doubt they'll be changing the PCB just for that but something for them to bear in mind in future releases.

Actually, all it needs for future production runs is to lengthen the wires, even just by a few millimetres.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, SRman said:

Actually, all it needs for future production runs is to lengthen the wires, even just by a few millimetres.

Yes - I'd agree with the 37 future runs.

More was meaning that it's not best practice to have stuff break out from a PCB at one end only to trail wires back on top of the board cluttering up the central area if they are designing the boards for the class 40 and so on :P

• Like 1

Unfortunately my 97301 arrived with one end of the loco box badly crushed; so much so that I couldn't even get the plastic sleeve off without cutting it which I decided best not to try - see attached. There was actually no packing at all inside the posting box which was a bit unusual, although in the standard cardboard posting box that Accurascale seem to be using recently, there is no room anyway for any buffer packaging at either end of the loco box. The Accurascale loco boxes are pretty solid so this damage would have needed some force. When I questioned the same DHL driver when he arrived the following day with 605 and 607 his reply was "Not my problem mate"; no surprise there I suppose !

However, this post is really just to highlight and complement Accurascale on their returns arrangements, supplying a prepaid returns label at their own cost in stark contrast for example to Bachmann UK who flatly refuse to to do so or to pay or reimburse the cost of insured post for returns of brand-new locos for replacement or rectification. While no one likes to have to return any loco, particularly if it arrives damaged, full marks to Accurascale in this respect.

There is a minor corollary to this tale, in that when I took the package to three separate Collect+ collection points, none could tell me when the package would be collected, one actually suggesting that it could be the following week, so I gave up in the end and sent 97301 back by first-class insured post. I see from the photo on the Post Office tracker site, that this and another package containing a first batch of faulty Class 37 decoders (no flange squeal and the permanently on desk lights issue), have arrived safely, although I've heard nothing further as yet.

2.jpg

• Friendly/supportive 3

We had a courier deliver a mirror to our house. When he opened the doors to his van on a slope and about 20 boxes fell out (including our mirror), he then hurled them back into the van whilst cussing and then carried our mirror across. On shaking the box and hearing broken glass I suggested it might be damaged. He got very aggressive at that point saying no way was it damaged and if it was it was nothing to do with him…

To be fair contrast this with the courier who delivered my 8 yr olds Santa Xmas present in a box which clearly showed the contents. He noticed my daughter was around, tapped his nose and located a blanket to wrap the item in before carrying it wrapped to the back of my garage and hiding it behind some other boxes (noting i had seen him do this). I wrote to his co commending his thoughtfulness.

anyway back on topic. AS customer service is always good but to be fair to Bachmann you wouldn’t have purchased from them direct so they aren’t obliged to take a return whereas I assume AS items were purchased direct?  Both cos have pretty good customer service in my experience but AS are more personal which goes with a smaller co I guess 

• Friendly/supportive 1

21 hours ago, big jim said:

One being from a fairly new seller in oakhampton who says they don’t have them in stock but are en route from accurascale

oakhampton and items not in stock ringing any alarm bells? 

A certain Mr Cann by any chance?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have fitted an esu decoder in my 37 and now the dashboard lights won't come on, I have set the switches as per the guide, does anyone have a picture of how the switches should be set ie in the model not the instruction sheet. It states 1 and 3 should be on but which way round should the switch be for on?

thanks

mark

Unfortunately, one of mine has developed some poor running, with the speed being inconsistent. It sort of has little bursts of speeding up and slowing down as it runs. I know some people have has this issue with other Accura locos before now, has anyone else had a 37 do it?

Anyway, I've contacted Accura by email, and have asked for a video of what's going on. 

Shame, as they're cracking locos!

• RMweb Gold
Just now, CazRail said:

Unfortunately, one of mine has developed some poor running, with the speed being inconsistent. It sort of has little bursts of speeding up and slowing down as it runs. I know some people have has this issue with other Accura locos before now, has anyone else had a 37 do it?

Anyway, I've contacted Accura by email, and have asked for a video of what's going on. 

Shame, as they're cracking locos!

Mine did, Accurascale replaced it no issues.

• Thanks 1

Correct on the Sale of Goods obligations Matt, and Bachmann are perfectly entitled not to accept returns direct when purchased from retailers. However both locos were retailer special order one offs and Bachmann invited me to return them for replacement or rectification when the retailer was consequently unable to replace them. Not a mistake I will make again. My experience in the States with Bachmann US on the other hand could not be more different.

As for AS, they also have great patience . . . . .

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Glencoe Model Railway said:

Just catching up with the potential decoder issue. What are the symptoms to look for? I know about the desk lights at both ends but is there any other tell-tales to check for? 

Cheers

Cuts out on startup and none working flange squeal and cold start.

All seem fixed on the loch lomond i got this week

• Thanks 1