Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Markn said:

Hard to tell without looking straight on to it, but I'd say that the window frames look too small in general. On the original they extend down to the orange stripe and there is also very little gap between the frames.

The one thing that is quite clear in the photos Mick shared, is that one way or another the windscreen is clearly wrong.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Markn said:

Hard to tell without looking straight on to it, but I'd say that the window frames look too small in general. On the original they extend down to the orange stripe and there is also very little gap between the frames.

Here's a straight on shot. From my collection, used with permission

image.png.8a818190e5252b1de1e1ea2977aed4ea.png

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, meatloaf said:

TMC have some of the latest ones in both standard and sound fitted

That could be an indication that they have had a delivery, as stated 'in stock' for a few and 'out of stock' for others. Time to give them a call.

I've paid for 602 and 609 and heard nothing about a delivery?

Checked, and due to be delivered on Wednesday 🙂

Edited by zr2498
Delivery info added

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

That is very clear, the reinforced window frame extends to the top of the recessed panel on the prototype but not on the model….

The frames look too thick (as in they protrude too much and look like a grommet type fitting, rather than the flat bolted plate of the prototype)

I am drifting in the direction of a well known third-party etched windscreen supplier.

(To match my 97302/97304)

I'm afraid that the AS 97301 windows are very much on my "once seen, never unseen" list.

I'm also going to touch up the yellow line along the top of the nose-side grilles to remove the yellow line between the grey and the black.

yellow1.jpg.cda7a593d50ee18b6d09945caf75f0fb.jpg

yellow2.jpg.940c55bec1e6eafa984c2ac9c531816c.jpg

The front headlight may also need some attention, as it looks a bit "flat". (Another Shawplan fix?)

light1.jpg.9e54b284f8db4c02b2f046de787b1739.jpg

light2.jpg.0a92c26950bb2d33fb54def02c8f836c.jpg

Edited by newbryford
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, newbryford said:

I'm looking into a solution for the very obvious gap at the side of the windscreen moulding that is highlighted by the light grey.

Admittedly this is 97302, but it doesn't have the gap.

image.png.a6b03533d954eba4919fd558966f4cef.png

You could use the Shawplan toughened screen etch but snip around the edge of the frames, spray them black and apply them to the front. Pop the inner screen moulding out to file back the existing frames first.

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, 97406 said:

You could use the Shawplan toughened screen etch but snip around the edge of the frames, spray them black and apply them to the front. Pop the inner screen moulding out to file back the existing frames first.

I used Shawplan etches on my 97302/97304, so at least they would match.

Edited by newbryford
Typo
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Well rails have taken payment for 610 HNRC so i guess they must be there..........so hopefully the ROG 608 is in stock at the homeworld for dispatch too............

I have had payment taken for my ROG 37 at Hattons, so hope to get it next week.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

16 hours ago, newbryford said:

The frames look too thick (as in they protrude too much and look like a grommet type fitting, rather than the flat bolted plate of the prototype)

I am drifting in the direction of a well known third-party etched windscreen supplier.

(To match my 97302/97304)

I'm afraid that the AS 97301 windows are very much on my "once seen, never unseen" list.

I'm also going to touch up the yellow line along the top of the nose-side grilles to remove the yellow line between the grey and the black.

yellow1.jpg.cda7a593d50ee18b6d09945caf75f0fb.jpg

yellow2.jpg.940c55bec1e6eafa984c2ac9c531816c.jpg

The front headlight may also need some attention, as it looks a bit "flat". (Another Shawplan fix?)

light1.jpg.9e54b284f8db4c02b2f046de787b1739.jpg

light2.jpg.0a92c26950bb2d33fb54def02c8f836c.jpg

Mick, as they have had their last overhaul, the mods they have done is to have LED hi intensity light, this has been angled differently to the original. Don’t want to glare other drivers when driving 👍

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, rorz101uk said:

Mick, as they have had their last overhaul, the mods they have done is to have LED hi intensity light, this has been angled differently to the original. Don’t want to glare other drivers when driving 👍

Nothing about the angle. Comparing the pics a couple posts back, the headlight casing looks like it doesn't stick out from the nose enough. It isn't much, so I guess I can live with that. 

Edited by newbryford
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Markn said:

Bure Valley Models seem to have 608 and 609 in stock too. I've got a preorder elsewhere for 609, but just paid for 608 with them as was struggling to find one.

Good news that the retailers are getting 608 and 609, I've had no word from Accurascale on my directly ordered 608 that it is on its way yet.

19 hours ago, Haverail said:

Good news that the retailers are getting 608 and 609, I've had no word from Accurascale on my directly ordered 608 that it is on its way yet.

Same here, no word from Accurascale regarding the delivery of mine, however I would assume that they are working as hard as possible to get them out as soon as possible. Keep the faith an extra week is nothing compared to how long we’ve all waited for a good RTR 37/6 model!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, XChris said:

Same here, no word from Accurascale regarding the delivery of mine, however I would assume that they are working as hard as possible to get them out as soon as possible. Keep the faith an extra week is nothing compared to how long we’ve all waited for a good RTR 37/6 model!

A we have the team working today and overtime booked in Monday. It’s quite literally all hands to the pumps! Thanks so much for your patience. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2