Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, 97406 said:

Here’s a question for the guys. Will D6992 include domino headcodes in the pack? I’m after a central headcode 37 with the skirts and it’d be an easy renumber and relogo job.

It will 👍

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

29 minutes ago, Tony Walker said:

Do Accurascale 37's double head - yes they do. Here's a video of 37423 and 37609 with nuclear flasks for your delight.

Great to see - I may have bought a few AS 37s…. and for sure my DRS ones will be double heading in various services.  

Has anyone tried double heading with Kadee couplers? Most of my stock is Kadee fitted making this my normal preference but I’ve found other manufacturers products often don’t behave with Kadees between the locos when double heading, requiring a more solid bar-type coupler. I ask because I would prefer to be able to run each separately too and if I go down route of bar couplers that more or less locks them into only double heading… any experiences?

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Tony Walker said:

Do Accurascale 37's double head - yes they do. Here's a video of 37423 and 37609 with nuclear flasks for your delight.

Good to see. Must have a go now that mine have arrived. I expect, that accurate speed matching will be needed / more important when the formation is 'top and tailed', as that would have a more variable load on the coupling of the wagons.

Let me see if I've got this right. I made several CV changes to 37 027 and 37 043 to improve the running , moving off and sound volume. But, I had I had to return both loco's to Accurascale for a fault so I did a default reset, which I know now doesn't work. If I make those same CV changes, and save them, will I be able to re-load them if anything happens in the future?

Bill.

17 hours ago, Matt said:

Great to see - I may have bought a few AS 37s…. and for sure my DRS ones will be double heading in various services.  

Has anyone tried double heading with Kadee couplers? Most of my stock is Kadee fitted making this my normal preference but I’ve found other manufacturers products often don’t behave with Kadees between the locos when double heading, requiring a more solid bar-type coupler. I ask because I would prefer to be able to run each separately too and if I go down route of bar couplers that more or less locks them into only double heading… any experiences?

I double head all the time with Kadees never been a problem.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Good to see. Must have a go now that mine have arrived. I expect, that accurate speed matching will be needed / more important when the formation is 'top and tailed', as that would have a more variable load on the coupling of the wagons.

I have posted this before but for several weeks I have topped & tailed 6X LLNF wagons with a pair.DC only and noe problem whatsoever.The speed matches in both directions and the outfit is AFIK prototypical and perfectly controllable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Reading Gareth Bayer’s excellent notes on the 37/6,I am surprised to discover that the former 37606 has become a local resident at Nemesis Rail repainted as Railfreight 37508. Despite the fact thatI live just a couple of miles from it,
Nemesis Rail remains a mystery to me.All I know is that there are extensive stocks of Heritage coaches which see regular service on enthusiasts special excursions headed by appropriate motive power. I get glimpses as I drive over Wetmore Bridge but am insufficiently motivated to park up & gaze at the goodies over the parapet…..you always know when something special is on when you see a scattering of gents there looking & waiting in expectation . In fact there is currently a local YouTube channel which is Burton on Trent rail dedicated.It does have video of Wetmore Sidings & Nemesis Rail.But the latter seen only through a distance lens.

I’m just curious.There’s an awful lot of stock there.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Hi GUYS

i wonder if anyone can help. I have just bought a loksound decoder from Accurascale  and Accurathrash speaker and fitted them no problem to my class 37-607. 

However another problem is, the drivers desk lights on both ends are on constantly and dont turn on or off with function 19. 
im on an ECoS CONTROLLER. 

any help would be appreciated. 

thanks. 

SORTED. 

Edited by Krieghoff
Problem solved

I cannot believe how good this loco is. I bought the one with sound fitted, it works perfectly. The thing that is quite off putting is when you switch off the power and the loco is still making noises 10 to 20 seconds later that is amazing stay alive.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 hours ago, Darius43 said:

New arrivals 😀

IMG_0205.jpeg.393b9a3ac09ddc11e9901090429869b0.jpeg

Cheers

Darius

Beautiful! 

My 602 arrived just this morning, and is currently sitting on the programming track having a legomanbiffo 37/4 project blown onto the locally bought blank decoder, after I tested it briefly on DC. I fitted an Accurathrash speaker as well. 

609 is only a day or two away, and has an Accurathrash speaker and Jamie Goodman sound project awaiting its arrival. After all that, I'll be able to post a photo or two of the same pairing! 😎

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, SRman said:

Beautiful! 

My 602 arrived just this morning, and is currently sitting on the programming track having a legomanbiffo 37/4 project blown onto the locally bought blank decoder, after I tested it briefly on DC. I fitted an Accurathrash speaker as well. 

609 is only a day or two away, and has an Accurathrash speaker and Jamie Goodman sound project awaiting its arrival. After all that, I'll be able to post a photo or two of the same pairing! 😎

I have 2x 402 which have been reworked to 424 and 409 both with Legomanbiffo latest 37 soundfile aand look and certainly sound the part on my Anglia "DRS short set"

• Like 2

Sorry if this has been asked before but there’s a lot of posts to wade through. For a while Greater Anglia were using Class 37’s on the Norwich to Great Yarmouth line with Mk3 coaches, did any of the releases from Accucraft work this diagram? Many thanks, Rob

• RMweb Gold
On 24/09/2023 at 11:02, Ian Hargrave said:

Reading Gareth Bayer’s excellent notes on the 37/6,I am surprised to discover that the former 37606 has become a local resident at Nemesis Rail repainted as Railfreight 37508. Despite the fact thatI live just a couple of miles from it,
Nemesis Rail remains a mystery to me.All I know is that there are extensive stocks of Heritage coaches which see regular service on enthusiasts special excursions headed by appropriate motive power. I get glimpses as I drive over Wetmore Bridge but am insufficiently motivated to park up & gaze at the goodies over the parapet…..you always know when something special is on when you see a scattering of gents there looking & waiting in expectation . In fact there is currently a local YouTube channel which is Burton on Trent rail dedicated.It does have video of Wetmore Sidings & Nemesis Rail.But the latter seen only through a distance lens.

I’m just curious.There’s an awful lot of stock there.

Delayed scrap.

Theres a few bubbles of aged stock around the country with no obvious long term plan. Unless serious money is outlayed (automatic doors,  door locks, retention tanks, Disabled access etc) much of it will never run again.

50 minutes ago, taliesin said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but there’s a lot of posts to wade through. For a while Greater Anglia were using Class 37’s on the Norwich to Great Yarmouth line with Mk3 coaches, did any of the releases from Accucraft work this diagram? Many thanks, Rob

37419 and 37423 definitely worked these sets and have been released by Accurascale.

Edited by Chris56057

• RMweb Gold

602 delivered (with sound already fitted), and 609 for which I set the switches as required for ESU decoder, and fitted an ACC sound decoder and speaker.

All working fine, but for the F0 function when first powered up and when shutting down.

F0 does not bring the marker light on until the direction is changed, it then continues fine in both directions. When switching F0 off, the marker lights stay on until, again the direction is changed. Using F1 first makes no difference to this.

All other light functions on both models are fine, but it is a minor inconvenience to have to change direction (ESU ECoS controller) before functionality is fully OK.

I checked Loch Eil and that one works fine with F0 switching light on and off as expected.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Strange that both 37s (one with sound and one with sound added) are behaving the same way.

EDIT:

Just updated the firmware on ECoS command station, but no difference.

SORTED 🙂 Following advice from ACC, did a decoder reset which has fixed the problem.

Edited by zr2498
Firmware update & resolved

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Krieghoff said:

The early bird caught the worm...................just got a notification that 37-609 sound was back in stock.

Bagged the very last one 😍, which is unusual for me as normally i sit in front of the computer for days on end and end up missing out. Result today!

Drat,it must have been the one i wanted,win some loose some,enjoy your purchase.

• Like 1