Class 37, by Accurascale

Had my 37409 out today for the first time properly since received (as a replacement) a number of months ago.

However it rocks. with the slightest touch/knock of the table. Worse the body rocks when changing direction, and the loco leans one way or the other depending on which direction the motor is spinning.

What is annoying is that the original model I had was sent back with this exact problem (as well as some body blemishes).

Is this a common fault? How easy is it to fix (before I email Accurascale/send the loco in, as I don't want to be waiting months for a repair).

from the exploded diagram, it seems to me that the model pivots on a non-fitted lug, but that the bogie is held in with a clip which prevents its from dropping out and stabilises the bogie into the chassis block. Might the lugs be improperly clipped in?

7 hours ago, Markn said:

Does the 8 ohm speaker stop the sound cutting out on startup? Which one did Richard recommend please?

To be honest, I have never had the sound cut out so I fitted these as a precaution. They are ESU 50346. Passive Radiator 8 ohm. A straight swap for the existing speaker. Richard said that most of his last batch had sold out on pre order so there might be a wait to obtain one. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 37501 said:

To be honest, I have never had the sound cut out so I fitted these as a precaution. They are ESU 50346. Passive Radiator 8 ohm. A straight swap for the existing speaker. Richard said that most of his last batch had sold out on pre order so there might be a wait to obtain one. 

Brill thanks. Coastal DCC have some in stock so I'll try one.

8 hours ago, Markn said:

Does the 8 ohm speaker stop the sound cutting out on startup? Which one did Richard recommend please?

Never had any cut outs since fitting them to my 37s but I was getting cut out at start up every time prior to fitting on my 6 locos!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Never had any cut outs since fitting them to my 37s but I was getting cut out at start up every time prior to fitting on my 6 locos!!

Think I’ll wait out for the promised magic fix.. but there’s at least a few options to sorting the issue yourself if you want to :)

That’s 3 more of my fleet sold. Just too fragile for my fat sausage fingers and having to keep the sound turned down rather negates the fun of it. Of an original fleet of about 13, I’m down to 3 left. It’s a shame, as they are stunning locos. I did get the sound files updated from Support but even then it still would only work properly with CV63 set at volume 140 or below. 

Hopefully subsequent batches will use better glue as I’ve lost kick plates, horn grilles and bogie chains to the carpet monster! With constructive feedback, I’m sure that the next lot will be that step on in quality 

Cheers

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, derekdoestrains said:

Think I’ll wait out for the promised magic fix.. but there’s at least a few options to sorting the issue yourself if you want to :)

If you're having any cut out issues, drop support a line and we can sort you out.

• Friendly/supportive 1

46 minutes ago, Glencoe Model Railway said:

That’s 3 more of my fleet sold. Just too fragile for my fat sausage fingers and having to keep the sound turned down rather negates the fun of it. Of an original fleet of about 13, I’m down to 3 left. It’s a shame, as they are stunning locos. I did get the sound files updated from Support but even then it still would only work properly with CV63 set at volume 140 or below. 

Hopefully subsequent batches will use better glue as I’ve lost kick plates, horn grilles and bogie chains to the carpet monster! With constructive feedback, I’m sure that the next lot will be that step on in quality 

Cheers

I've got 15 with more on order and all are fine so far. Plus I've had bits drop off the Deltics but nothing off the 37s, I've either been extremely lucky or you've been extremely unlucky?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, 37081LochLong said:

I've got 15 with more on order and all are fine so far. Plus I've had bits drop off the Deltics but nothing off the 37s, I've either been extremely lucky or you've been extremely unlucky?

1 hour ago, Glencoe Model Railway said:

Cheers

To agree with 37081LochLong, Same here. I’ve had the odd chain come adrift and a headcode box end needing sticking back in place and that’s about it. Compare that to the fun I’ve had with the other side’s 37, mainly due to poor soldering of the pickups and jumper sockets in addition to chains coming adrift. Any issues have been fixed on both models and I have a decent fleet nevertheless.

Edited by 97406
Poor quoting due to my own sausage fingers,
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

IMG_0070.jpeg.a417abac8c837348636622043d7a99e6.jpegSome sad news circulating that 97301 is to be taken to Colwick so various useful spares can be removed prior to her being scrapped. Here at Blaenau Ffestiniog in happier days, June 2014 (courtesy of Jack Bowley). At least she’ll live on in model form. Regards, Rob

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, taliesin said:

sad news circulating that 97301 is to be taken to Colwick so various useful spares can be removed prior to her being scrapped

301 was a non standard loco within the fleet as it had hitachi ERTMS equipment fitted so it’s no surprise it’s going for scrap, it’s the only one of the 4 I never got to work down the Cambrian due to the different equipment not being compatible/reliable, I think it was actually banned from going down there in the end 

had it a few other places though 

llandudno

1Q06 in Llandudno

Sheffield 

97301 on 1Q45 Sheffield station

and derby

45, 31 & 97 in Derby (and a sneaky 73!)

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, big jim said:

301 was a non standard loco within the fleet as it had hitachi ERTMS equipment fitted so it’s no surprise it’s going for scrap, it’s the only one of the 4 I never got to work down the Cambrian due to the different equipment not being compatible/reliable, I think it was actually banned from going down there in the end 

I found it funny that Accurascale chose 301 to model for this reason. 302-4 would maybe be better bets as they’ve had longer working lives. Unless they’ve had more modifications that make them difficult for Accurascale’s tooling suite. Anyway, 301 obviously sold well, as did all the 37s, so it can’t exactly be called a bad call, maybe just slightly odd. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

I found it funny that Accurascale chose 301 to model for this reason. 302-4 would maybe be better bets as they’ve had longer working lives. Unless they’ve had more modifications that make them difficult for Accurascale’s tooling suite. Anyway, 301 obviously sold well, as did all the 37s, so it can’t exactly be called a bad call, maybe just slightly odd. 

i think as its never been done before where as the others (which are all similar) have been in some form or another… Accurascales main selling point for the first run was they chose examples of which hadn’t been seen in RTR form beforehand.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

From an email from Accurascale today, mini update on the 37s

With our Class 66 production now complete, our factory are now entering final assembly of the second production run of Class 37s. Due to the huge popularity of both locomotives on pre-order, production has taken a little longer than anticipated. Therefore, 37 production is slated to be complete in mid-May, with them arriving in stock in mid/late July.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

From an email from Accurascale today, mini update on the 37s

Wonder if that includes 37714? HTG have said "late April" with the models being shipped early May?

NL

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, NickL2008 said:

Wonder if that includes 37714? HTG have said "late April" with the models being shipped early May?

NL

Hi Nick,

I can confirm that it includes 37714 as the whole batch is made at the same time.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

49 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Nick,

I can confirm that it includes 37714 as the whole batch is made at the same time.

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran,

Thank you always for the update, look forward to receiving mine, it'll be worth the wait from what I've seen in videos and models in person 

NL

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 02/04/2024 at 08:02, JohnC said:

Worked a treat thanks! Much better now! No more cutouts. Got another on order for a second sound chip I managed to get today.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Markn said:

Worked a treat thanks! Much better now! No more cutouts. Got another on order for a second sound chip I managed to get today.

If you’re having cut outs do please reach out to support and we can provide a solution without you having to spend any money. 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a Lokpilot decoder programmed for the 37. WAs a bit disappointed it did not come with a specification booklet and a functions list? I presume the booklet can be downloaded from ESU but is there an online Accurascale function list?

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Just received a Lokpilot decoder programmed for the 37. WAs a bit disappointed it did not come with a specification booklet and a functions list? I presume the booklet can be downloaded from ESU but is there an online Accurascale function list?

https://accurascale.customerdesk.io/#rp-customer-widget-faq-7aa8b592-1544-4f39-8f30-7cf93d005fde

There is also a hard copy included with your Class 37 Booklet pack.

Edited by McC