KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, GWR-fan said:

Many buyers are not on personal email newsletters or Facebook so are left in the dark. 

That would be their personal choice.

Newsletters and Facebook options are available to all.  (except perhaps those who are still coming to grips with the new fangled telephone thingy)  :)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, No Decorum said:

That had me puzzled as well. I decided that what was meant was that moulding was complete and now the moulded bits were being assembled.

If that was what they meant why didn't they say so?  It could perhaps be interpreted in that way but it's still a meaninglessnonsense.  Just like one of their magazine ads said 'we would like to make ....'  Well maybe they would but there are  no doubt things all sorts of us would like to make,  so did their ad mean  that they would like to make it if they got sufficient orders. or what did it mean?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 24/01/2022 at 23:41, GWR-fan said:

I

As China basically shuts down in a week,  exactly how old is your personal info on production being completed? 

That was not MY personal information.  It was a direct copy and paste from the newsletter referenced as received on Jan 21st by 46256 ten posts back, and probably received by me the same day though I didn't look at the date on mine......

As for the comment on the Fairlies.  It is very common on RMWeb to slag manufacturers off for not letting Webbers see and comment on CAD, EPs, deco samples etc, and for endless bellyaching when a development is made by a manufacturer that isn't paraded here for approval (or equally often approbation) before production starts.  Yet I've heard nothing but awe and wonderment about the Fairlie.  So where is the chorus of "They should have let us correct this/that error before making it"?    KR would have been deafened by one........

Les

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

17 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

That was not MY personal information.  It was a direct copy and paste from the newsletter referenced as received on Jan 21st by 46256 ten posts back, and probably received by me the same day though I didn't look at the date on mine......

As for the comment on the Fairlies.  It is very common on RMWeb to slag manufacturers off for not letting Webbers see and comment on CAD, EPs, deco samples etc, and for endless bellyaching when a development is made by a manufacturer that isn't paraded here for approval (or equally often approbation) before production starts.  Yet I've heard nothing but awe and wonderment about the Fairlie.  So where is the chorus of "They should have let us correct this/that error before making it"?    KR would have been deafened by one........

Les

Just a thought - perhaps the absence of criticism of the Fairlie indicates that there isn't much / anything wrong with it?

No? Silly of me .......

CJI.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Les1952 said:

..........................................................................................

Quote from January 21st posting: "Just received an e mail from KR models they are hoping for an Easter delivery for the Fell model. The message also contained updates on their other models."

What was in the email you referenced?  You may have received information but I,  like many others,  did not.  I have to rely on information supplied to Rails and an "after Easter" delivery is extremely optimistic,  more like July/August,  (but then July/August are actually "after Easter").  Recall how an "after Christmas" delivery from another manufacturer is in reality a delay of at least eight months.

All you do is reinforce what I stated and that is only those "in the know" receive those personal emails.  The newsletter referenced was not "public" knowledge and most likely only those who are on personal email lists or perhaps for those who have purchased directly through the KR Models website.  Show me what information on the Fell that there is on the KR Models website other than a reference in a newsletter back in late 2020.  Surely a new manufacturer would want to update available information on new production on their website rather than the exclusivity of those who have signed on for receipt of emails from the company.  I purchased mine directly through Rails and they are reliant on any production information that the company provides them and that information has been exceedingly sparse.

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, GWR-fan said:

Quote from January 21st posting: "Just received an e mail from KR models they are hoping for an Easter delivery for the Fell model. The message also contained updates on their other models."

What was in the email you referenced?  You may have received information but I,  like many others,  did not.  I have to rely on information supplied to Rails and an "after Easter" delivery is extremely optimistic,  more like July/August,  (but then July/August are actually "after Easter").  Recall how an "after Christmas" delivery from another manufacturer is in reality a delay of at least eight months.

All you do is reinforce what I stated and that is only those "in the know" receive those personal emails.  The newsletter referenced was not "public" knowledge and most likely only those who are on personal email lists or perhaps for those who have purchased directly through the KR Models website.  Show me what information on the Fell that there is on the KR Models website other than a reference in a newsletter back in late 2020.  Surely a new manufacturer would want to update available information on new production on their website rather than the exclusivity of those who have signed on for receipt of emails from the company.  I purchased mine directly through Rails and they are reliant on any production information that the company provides them and that information has been exceedingly sparse.

You seem to have a lot of anger.

• Agree 9

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, GWR-fan said:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You ask for information.

People who have received email updates try to help by stating what they had been told and you intimate that they are privy to privileged information whilst you are not.  

You post in a challenging and accusatory way when people are only trying to help by sharing what information they have.  

You don’t even thank them for trying to help.

Does that help with some of your question marks?

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1
  • Agree 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I get the newsletter by email when it comes out, as a result of having a Fell on order.

No more privilege than having prepaid for a loco.  Anyone with a prepaid order (or deposit) will get exactly the same emailed newsletter, which I've been receiving since first filling in an expression of interest.

Les

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

I do not subscribe to Hornby,  Bachmann,  Oxford Rail and other manufacturers to get information on their products.  For those who have subscribed to KR Models then no doubt you already know the important details like the design of the chassis (centre motor with flywheels?), how many poles, is the motor coreless, how many wheels have pickups?   Once again has anyone actually seen the drive chassis?  For a model which apparently is due "after Easter" there is a surprising lack of information.

11 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

@GWR FanI was going to give a "laugh" response but you are on moderated status.

You choose not to get a newsletter.  

I just accept the manufacturers newsletters, they only form a small part of the inbox and I can always delete without reading if I choose to.

What I find really annoying is the three or four adverts for bitcoin and other "services" which appear daily, all from the same source.  Three or four times a day I mark them as spam and block the sender and his domain, only to get the same email a few hours later from the same person using a different sender name and a different domain.

Les

• Friendly/supportive 1

11 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

You choose not to get a newsletter.  

As I am yet to see relevant information on the form the drive chassis will take then presumably even those who are subscribed and receive newsletters are possibly not informed as to the final details of the driveline.  Is it too much to ask for a manufacturer releasing his first diesel outline chassis to make available such information so that a purchaser may make an informed decision?  Are the "drive bogies" articulated or a fixed wheelbase four coupled drive bogie?

3 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

I just accept the manufacturers newsletters, they only form a small part of the inbox and I can always delete without reading if I choose to.

What I find really annoying is the three or four adverts for bitcoin and other "services" which appear daily, all from the same source.  Three or four times a day I mark them as spam and block the sender and his domain, only to get the same email a few hours later from the same person using a different sender name and a different domain.

Les

Les,

exactly why I do not subscribe by making my email address available to a third party over whom I have no control.

5 hours ago, GWR-fan said:

Les,

exactly why I do not subscribe by making my email address available to a third party over whom I have no control.

Mine was hacked from her majesty's Government in the form of the Pensions agency.....

Les

• RMweb Gold

I might be missing something, but for people who don't like to have their inboxes cluttered up by newsletters, why don't you just create a second free email address using Gmail or similar that can be used expressly for this purpose? Also useful for websites that require you to create an account to use their services. I've been doing this for almost the last 25 years (early adopter), and it works pretty well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, GWR-fan said:

Les,

You mean like Warners, who own RMWeb?

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

Another newsletter today- Graham_Muz has already posted the updates on the Leader.  This is what is said about the Fell- again copied and pasted directly so if you haven't got or won't get your own copy of the newsletter please don't shoot the messenger- a vote of thanks would be more polite.......

Production is complete and assembly is underway. Delivery is expected to be around Easter. However, this is subject to change.

Exactly this plus a pic and no more.

Les

Edited by Les1952
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Which particular Fell is this one? Will it go round corners? What mechanism does it have? What body shape is it? Unlike the GT3 where KR received a good data pack the Fell is based on research..  of a prototype which had significant alterations  and has not got a full GA.

Baz

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

Which particular Fell is this one? Will it go round corners? What mechanism does it have? What body shape is it? Unlike the GT3 where KR received a good data pack the Fell is based on research..  of a prototype which had significant alterations  and has not got a full GA.

Baz

Not a lot of point asking on here.  Have you asked KR Models?

Just a thought

Les

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Barry O said:

Baz

Running prototype video here..

1.59 its seen going around a reasonable looking corner.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1