Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

New tooling - BR Standard 2MT 2-6-0 2MT 78xxx

Graham_Muz

2 minutes ago, rembrow said:

Hornby website now showing R3836, BR late crest black, as 'in stock'

Some progress at least. Quite a few people have had payment requested for locos 'soon to be in stock', which normally means days not weeks as it has been. 

Fingers crossed this turns out to be a good model.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Paul_sterling said:

Some progress at least. Quite a few people have had payment requested for locos 'soon to be in stock', which normally means days not weeks as it has been. 

Fingers crossed this turns out to be a good model.

I paid for my order of R3836 when Hornby advised my retailer in mid August, that they would be in stock by end of August. Now my remaining hurdle is whether said retailer gets their order, or will there be a last minute allocation cut!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Great news! Your BR, Standard 2MT, 2-6-0, 78047 - Era 5 pre-order has arrived at our warehouse and will shortly be prepared for dispatch.

Order number: H00xxxxx
Product: R3836 – BR, Standard 2MT, 2-6-0, 78047 - Era 5

time to get excited…

last time I got an email like that was on Tuesday, and it arrived on Thursday..The Turbomotive.

Has everything arrived at once, or is it that Monday is the start of Q4 ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Bulleidboy100 said:

On the Hornby site, in the shop, two models are available to buy, whereas two are still listed "pre-order".

They are being delivered in separate runs (as far as I have been told by Kernow) . I'm waiting for one of the later batch (R3981) myself. 

Edited by K Hatton
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 28/09/2023 at 11:09, Paul_sterling said:

Quite a few people have had payment requested for locos 'soon to be in stock',

That's what appears to have happened to my order for R3836.  When I queried it with Hornby they claim my order was cancelled because payment was declined.  Hardly surprising, really, since the card details which I gave them were current at the time of ordering which was over three years ago.  They said I should have received an e-mail asking me to contact them to update card details, and that 78047 was now out of stock.   Mysteriously, it is now back in stock but they now want 38 quid more than the price quoted when I originally ordered.  That's not on, Hornby, much as I would like a 78047 as I live just up the hill from the site of Hawick shed where the full size loco was based, I have already waited three years, I can wait longer until I find one in the bargain bin or second-hand.

Edited to add:- Looks like I'm now sorted for obtaining this model.

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
On 29/09/2023 at 22:41, cessna152towser said:

That's what appears to have happened to my order for R3836.  When I queried it with Hornby they claim my order was cancelled because payment was declined.  Hardly surprising, really, since the card details which I gave them were current at the time of ordering which was over three years ago.  They said I should have received an e-mail asking me to contact them to update card details, and that 78047 was now out of stock.   Mysteriously, it is now back in stock but they now want 38 quid more than the price quoted when I originally ordered.  That's not on, Hornby, much as I would like a 78047 as I live just up the hill from the site of Hawick shed where the full size loco was based, I have already waited three years, I can wait longer until I find one in the bargain bin or second-hand.

Edited to add:- Looks like I'm now sorted for obtaining this model.

Glad you’re sorted . Last month I too was the recipient of a phantom email….this for Collector’s Club P2. You are not alone…

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, simmo009 said:

Hornby tell me mine was despatched yesterday, but the DPD tracking link says they have not got it yet. I imagine it is somewhere in the space between worlds and will emerge at some future point. Probably when I'm not in.😆

I had the same problem with DPD this week, for an order from Hattons. First time ever that the tracking was down. It even said it was still in the UK, when I already got it here in Belgium. Hope yours arrives without further problems. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

According to Royal Mail, mine should be with me by 3pm tomorrow.  The waiting is nearly over. Might even get the chance to “run it in” at Mickleover Model Railway Exhibition this weekend 👍

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Ramrig said:

According to Royal Mail, mine should be with me by 3pm tomorrow.  The waiting is nearly over. Might even get the chance to “run it in” at Mickleover Model Railway Exhibition this weekend 👍

Ah! this weekend? that clashes horribly with the Elizabethan ☹️

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Time to nip over to a Youtube channel like Sam's Trains to get an in depth review of how to get it out the box without launching the loco on to the floor.

Has he got one?...

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

How do they decide what's worthy of the new style packaging?

Maybe they are in a transition? These ones were also a long time in the making. 

• Agree 2