Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

More model ideas

5 hours ago, Downer said:

Fran’s statement does not suggest a new tooling to me.

I agree. So my second guess in addition to the note being about taking on the distribution of hattons models is the second batch of Manors. I seem to recall the second batch of class 37s being teased in a similar "little announcement" way.

There was a tease a while back now of something dumb buffered to match the Chaldrons. That would more than likely fit the bill for 'interesting' and 'little', plus timeline wise could certainly be at the EP stage, which I understand is the Accurascale threshold for announcement going forward.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 87023Velocity said:

I think class 08 given age, liveries etc. I did think Bachmann would have possibly redone at some point.

Agree, an all new Class 08 has to be in the works by someone. Hornby are just following form by trickling out niche liveries and Bachmann haven't done a decent run in ages. A new version with stay alive, lights, sound and maybe even an automatic coupler would sell well.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chiltern Junction said:

Agree, an all new Class 08 has to be in the works by someone. Hornby are just following form by trickling out niche liveries and Bachmann haven't done a decent run in ages. A new version with stay alive, lights, sound and maybe even an automatic coupler would sell well.

Hmm, that automatic coupler would be a good idea on a class 08.

27 minutes ago, Chiltern Junction said:

An automatic coupler is only worthwhile if all you are doing is uncoupling the loco from the stock, it doesn't help if you are shuffling wagons around in a yard

• Round of applause 1

A very nice addition to the Accurascale  nascent O gauge range would be a class 22 Diesel loco , as it is short and suitable for micro layouts ( and roundy roundies) and complements a lot of the existing hydraulic fleet available on O scale ...classes 14,35, 42,52. They worked across the south midlands and Thames valley, and of course the Bristol area and the wonderful Forest of Dean, and not just Devon and Cornwall. Come on chaps, you know it makes (commercial) sense!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Assuming that you've also taken on the 'Genesis' coach project, how far off would the generic chassis be for RTR replacement of the Ratio Dean 4-wheelers?  I'm angling for a 3-compartment brake 3rd to make up a Glyncorrwg-type miners' workmans; the Hornby and existing Hatton's BTs with balloon ends are not suitable!

5 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Assuming that you've also taken on the 'Genesis' coach project, how far off would the generic chassis be for RTR replacement of the Ratio Dean 4-wheelers?  I'm angling for a 3-compartment brake 3rd to make up a Glyncorrwg-type miners' workmans; the Hornby and existing Hatton's BTs with balloon ends are not suitable!

The Genesis coaches have gone to Rails. 

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Ravel said:

The Genesis coaches have gone to Rails. 

Rails will be fulfilling the inbound production run, yes. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

The Oxford connection may prevent this, but I'd like to see a rerun of the PHV ICI hoppers. They were the first "goods trains" that I remember and I'd accumulate a full rake in advance of extending the layout so I can run full trains when I do.

N84-1204T

Pic from John Catterson's Flickr page - Link below

john catterson

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 97406 said:

The Oxford connection may prevent this, but I'd like to see a rerun of the PHV ICI hoppers. They were the first "goods trains" that I remember and I'd accumulate a full rake in advance of extending the layout so I can run full trains when I do.

N84-1204T

Pic from John Catterson's Flickr page - Link below

john catterson

Oh look, they just "happen" to be hauled by a 40! 🤣

Subliminal pitching right there!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Oh look, they just "happen" to be hauled by a 40! 🤣

Subliminal pitching right there!

Cheers!

Fran 

Untitled.jpg.c584b4f3849e9902aa3936e8ecf57630.jpg

Mind you.....

DSCF1388.JPG.e6fa90cf48cccaddae3742306978cd24.JPG

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
On 05/02/2024 at 09:34, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We should have an interesting little announcement later this week all going well that will please many. Just awaiting some final details before we go public. 

What could it be?

Cheers!

Fran

I would take my hat off to you for bagging those models but I'll keep my Hatt on. 🙃

• Funny 5

On 05/02/2024 at 22:38, Tiny151 said:

There was a tease a while back now of something dumb buffered to match the Chaldrons. That would more than likely fit the bill for 'interesting' and 'little', plus timeline wise could certainly be at the EP stage, which I understand is the Accurascale threshold for announcement going forward.

I am guessing a number of older Andrew Barclay 0-4-0s were fitted with dumb buffers

Just joining up a few dots 

• Like 1