KR Models announce the Bulleid Leader

KR Models

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

Looks remarkably like a pile of tube trains at Vic Berry's ! 

Or a very strange ossuary

14 minutes ago, Bluebell Model Railway said:

I have just cleaned up the photo of the black one I can see rivet detail on the front still unfortunately.

I don't think Bulleid himself would ever have envisaged building over 500 of them - even if you include the Irish turf burning type.

20 hours ago, Bluebell Model Railway said:

To keep the cab metal attached to the metal frame however on the front these should be flush riveted unfortunately and shouldn't really be visible.

Yes they should be flush, although there are photos of them being clearly visible so I'm not too bothered about them. 

36001unknownlocationBulleidLeaderclass-XLcropped.jpg.240e1f7b7c7505863875cab515cacc27.jpg

• Like 9
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, bigherb said:

Yes they should be flush, although there are photos of them being clearly visible so I'm not too bothered about them. 

36001unknownlocationBulleidLeaderclass-XLcropped.jpg.240e1f7b7c7505863875cab515cacc27.jpg

They are extremely small mind, there's other photos from the book where they don't show up at all, they may be just about visible on that photo, but scale it down to 4mm, they probably won't be that visible, from the prototype or pre pro, they were rather large.

Can I butt in to ask if anyone in this thread knows of a source for works (or other accurate) drawings of the Leader? I know the NRM has them all but as far as I can tell it's £27 per drawing, and I'm after quite a few - more than the general arrangment (which I already have). I was initially interested in the KR Models version but am considering attempting my own 3d printed version (no slight on those who have ordered one, of course, just personal preference). Thanks

• Agree 1

The disgusting state of the shelving is a perfect example of why I will not buy any KR products.

A lack of sensitivity and care for the little things is, to me, an indication of a lack of care in general.

Sums them up in one photograph.

But then I worked in QA for Dexion, solving storage situations for household name companies, for most of my working life, so I am biased. But right.😃

Bernard  

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Bernard Lamb said:

The disgusting state of the shelving is a perfect example of why I will not buy any KR products.

Many years ago, around thirty or so,  when I was into N scale American prototype,  LifeLike made a beautiful E8 diesel locomotive in multiple roadnames.  I was so impressed that I purchased around thirty of them at $23.95 each.  One day in my then local model shop I overheard a conversation between the shopowner and the brand distributor.  The shopowner was complimenting the distributor on the quality of the models.  The distributor responded that he had visited the production facility in China where the locomotives were made,  which was little more than a tin shed with a leaky roof.  As the saying goes,  do not judge a book by its cover.

I'm curious to know when we will see a finished example of the grey and bordered version (the actual livery it carried under test). The photos above appear to be the first not-quite-finished versions of this livery. It will likely be silvery aluminium grey (as per the non-bordered version already seen) with red borders, if so. 

Edited by Grasslands
slivery vs silvery
  • Like 1

On 28/01/2024 at 22:02, Rosie Taylor said:

Can I butt in to ask if anyone in this thread knows of a source for works (or other accurate) drawings of the Leader? I know the NRM has them all but as far as I can tell it's £27 per drawing, and I'm after quite a few - more than the general arrangment (which I already have). I was initially interested in the KR Models version but am considering attempting my own 3d printed version (no slight on those who have ordered one, of course, just personal preference). Thanks

I have a couple of drawings that may be of use. PM me if you would like further details.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
On 29/01/2024 at 11:05, Bernard Lamb said:

A lack of sensitivity and care for the little things is, to me, an indication of a lack of care in general.

Sums them up in one photograph.

But then I worked in QA for Dexion, solving storage situations for household name companies, for most of my working life, so I am biased. But right.😃

Bernard  

Those shelves are in the factory; they're not KR's. It's a factory which produces items for other manufacturers too. In years of reviewing stuff I can't think of a single example where any issue can be attributed to the shelves they may have been stacked on.

• Agree 11
  • Round of applause 3

1 hour ago, Wickham Green too said:

But it IS KR's CHOICE of factory ................................... others may have been no different, of course.

Seems to be the norm out there. Used by another producer everybody is wetting their knickers over.

190921273_738732983461458_5759387212058665406_n.jpg.35558c069be51bc1ff921f96a92f7556.jpg

• Like 9
  • Agree 2