Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

• RMweb Premium

LRS has had a bit of a poorly-timed blockage this week dealing with a postage packaging supplier who are usually extremely reliable but failed to delivery promptly. Supplies are now in hand so it will be all hands to the pumps this weekend to get orders out to everyone who has supported this deal.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

19 minutes ago, cornelius said:

LRS has had a bit of a poorly-timed blockage this week dealing with a postage packaging supplier who are usually extremely reliable but failed to delivery promptly. Supplies are now in hand so it will be all hands to the pumps this weekend to get orders out to everyone who has supported this deal.

I can fully understand,  I'm having trouble in finding boxes for the rush on J21s, Q1s and LH&JC No.5s weve had this week. The volumes I shift are far too small to have a package supplier I think; its just too costly at this end, but I keep toying with the idea.

Green victory arrived Wednesday, we'll see the black one soon I'm sure. 

Thanks.

Paul. 

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Paul_sterling said:

The volumes I shift are far too small to have a package supplier I think; its just too costly at this end, but I keep toying with the idea.

eBay is a pretty good bet for small quantities, feel free to drop me a line if you'd like any help sourcing things.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Does 11 qualify you as a stockist rather than a consumer?

Glad of the email, just as this offer went up the car went phut and I'm waiting for the bill. The left over balance, if any, may go on a victory, in both senses.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Captain Kernow said:

Pi chaps - what delivery agent are you employing for sending out this latest batch of Victorys, please?

Mine arrived via Royal Mail, Tim. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Thanks. In which case I am beginning to suspect that an e-mail purporting to be from Evri is not quite what it seems...

Scam emails about missed parcels are really REALLY common these days, especially ones apparently from companies like Evri

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Lying in bed with the lurgy* 🤧 I am thinking about how I get hold of my most recent Victory tank, as I had it delivered to my Saturday morning workplace.

As I may not be there tomorrow. 🤒

Meanwhile, lying here I’ve just been informed that my cheeky bid for four Bachmann hopper wagons on eBay succeeded, and also that the payment for the Bachmann Commonwealth bogies I sold on to a fellow RMWebber has also arrived, and that the latter pays for the former including the postage! 😁

So that has cheered me up, as it is four more hopper wagons for my Victories to shuffle about! 😆

My set track based C&HPR inspired micro layout “Blackford Wharf” is built around a four wagon train length to fit in with my imaginary scenario of it serving “White Peak Tar & Macadam” but I can see myself having to plan a “maxi-micro” industrial exchange sidings** to justify running my collection of Victory tank locos. Suggestions on an electronic postcard please, whilst I dig out the formula and maths I did for expanding the Inglenook shunting puzzle concept*** 

HOURS OF FUN!

* Thank you, small child who constantly sneezed in my direction for an hour on Wednesday afternoon in music class. 😠

** Probably titled “Castlebrook**** Sidings” to reuse a layout title that was “parked” in favour of “Blackford Wharf” (as that name mimics ‘Cromford Wharf’ by using “Blackford”, which is local to me - “Blackford Bridge”)

*** I found a working formula to calculate numbers of wagons required etc - thought I posted it on RMWeb somewhere but can’t find it!

**** Named for a local stream “Castle Brook” but more importantly my secondary school name “Castlebrook High” … all my layout lanes have local connections … oh … except one! 🫢🙄🤣

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

@Captain Kernow  Mine arrived courtesy of my friendly Postwoman, and had nothing to do with "Evri delivery a disaster".

After testing, its been reboxed and wrapped in christmas paper, ready to go under the tree when I get around to putting it up, as its my notional present to myself!

Edited by Hroth
clarification...
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Thanks. In which case I am beginning to suspect that an e-mail purporting to be from Evri is not quite what it seems...

I get at least failed one email or text from "Evri" everyday...which is amazing as I have failed to respond to all those "Amazon account frozen" emails as well....

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

The majority of outstanding orders have dispatched this morning with Royal Mail, email notifications should signal arrival early next week. 

The stragglers will go out on Monday when (even more) packing boxes have arrived. 

Thanks again to everyone who supported the offer, it's really made a difference to our future options. ❤️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

My FOMO is strong and likely well founded.

Ummed and arred all week - went out for a christmas do last night, drank more than I usually do. Came home and thought "I'll figure out paying for it somehow", but then realised I missed the promotion! My own stupid fault.

Hope everyone has fun next week as their packages arrive :)

In the cold light of a Saturday morning I have to buy cat litter, dog food, and the expensive monthly pill for fleas + ticks for the dog, adding up to about the cost of a Kerr Stuart Victory

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Send @cornelius a PM and ask for the secret code. ;)

Ain’t so secret - and they want it passing on to anyone who might just fancy a Victory for themselves but didn’t know about them!

Me? I’m resisting the urge* for just one more Victory but who knows what might happen if I’ve had a few Baileys on New Year’s Eve?!

Steve S

* Especially as I have pre-orders due to arrive Jan 24!!

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Ain’t so secret - and they want it passing on to anyone who might just fancy a Victory for themselves but didn’t know about them!

I know but I didn't want to blab something that had just gone to newsletter recipients rather than more widely. Clever move to fuel FOMOs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

6 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I know but I didn't want to blab something that had just gone to newsletter recipients rather than more widely. Clever move to fuel FOMOs.

I reread my email carefully and they say -

We would say "don't tell everyone", but actually - do!

I could (like you) have posted on here but didn’t as I felt that (likewise) that didn’t quite fit with what they wrote -

If you have a railway modelling friend who might be interested in one of these powerful, smooth running industrial tank locos why not let them know about PI and what we do? 

[emphasis added]

But I did DM @Nova Scotian with the details as he had obviously decided to buy one but then missed the deadline. Felt like the right thing to do! 😉

Steve S

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Send @cornelius a PM and ask for the secret code. ;)

With the details it would have been rude not to...

Green lined one winging its way to my family, I'll collect the next time I'm there. I'll look for some PBA transfers and a made up nameplate sometime.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nova Scotian said:

With the details it would have been rude not to...

Green lined one winging its way to my family, I'll collect the next time I'm there. I'll look for some PBA transfers and a made up nameplate sometime.

I did so some PBA decals for the wagons, but never did any locomotive ones.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I did seriously think about a red one, but unfortunately there are just too many demands on my funds right now, including 3 class 56s due from Cavalex and a 25/3 from SLW, plus home insurance and other things from real life. I already have one of the IW&D versions so it's not like I don't have at least one 🙂

• Friendly/supportive 1

24 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

I did seriously think about a red one

It’s such a nice, non-gaudy maroon in the flesh, so to speak, and beautifully lined out. You would really regret not acquiring one, and up to 31 December you can still order one at £99 if given the not-so-secret code!

I know how you feel with pre-ordered locos due to arrive (and be paid for) but PayPal Pay-in-3 makes acquisition of a Victory relatively painless over three months, interest free!

No link to Planet Industrials, Light Railway Stores or PayPal, just a shunting loco addict desperate to ensure stocks are sold out so that if/when I try to order yet another one on New Year’s Eve I shall be thwarted by there being none left! 🤣

My name is Steve and I’m a shunting locomotive addict. It has been 10 days since I last purchased one…

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1