WR ‘15XX’ 0-6-0PT - 00 Gauge

rapidoandy

• Moderators
4 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

I'm not sure how Accurascale manage their contracts, but there is no retailer discounting at least on recent loco releases, so presumably their wholesale prices are higher.

I know, as fact, that Accurascale's margins for stockists are the same as other manufacturers. Anyway; it's not the topic to introduce that.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

Mine is currently running in on a rolling road - slight wobble, apparently in the 'rear' axle, but that could just be the rolling road support. (For the record it is 1500 in plain black.)

But I can forgive a little wobble - the chuff, at an admittedly probably unrealistic canter, is mesmerising, almost musical!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Pteremy said:

Mine is currently running in on a rolling road - slight wobble, apparently in the 'rear' axle, but that could just be the rolling road support. (For the record it is 1500 in plain black.)

But I can forgive a little wobble - the chuff, at an admittedly probably unrealistic canter, is mesmerising, almost musical!

I asked on another forum what sort of speed the preserved 1501 can run at. The answer was that it easily runs up to the 25mph limit permitted by a light railway order and has been known to get beyond that without problems. It is  smooth riding but does pitch around a bit as a result of having the two heavy outside cylinders hung low and wide. If you look at footage of 1501 running you'll find a certain 'liveliness' especially when viewed head on - the very gentle waddle of mine is entirely realistic  - Rapido should be advertising it as fidelity to the prototype 😎

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

7 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

I asked on another forum what sort of speed the preserved 1501 can run at. The answer was that it easily runs up to the 25mph limit permitted by a light railway order and has been known to get beyond that without problems. It is  smooth riding but does pitch around a bit as a result of having the two heavy outside cylinders hung low and wide. If you look at footage of 1501 running you'll find a certain 'liveliness' especially when viewed head on - the very gentle waddle of mine is entirely realistic  - Rapido should be advertising it as fidelity to the prototype 😎

I have now run mine on track and the waddle has virtually disappeared - but I realise that I need to give the track a good clean!

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, Chris Chewter said:

Quick question, and sorry if it’s been asked before, but which decoder works best for the 15xx? I was thinking of an ESU lokpilot, but it’s limited to 0.75a.

Dapol one in mine. Coastal DCC. Not that expensive and fine for NCE Powercab. Next day delivery too if early.

Phil

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Chris Chewter said:

Quick question, and sorry if it’s been asked before, but which decoder works best for the 15xx? I was thinking of an ESU lokpilot, but it’s limited to 0.75a.

I think that is what the Accurascale Manor one is? Might explain my Loco's slight lack of top end oomph, but it's fair Chip for control?

P

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, stewartingram said:

To keep my records straight, can we please confirm whether the motor is a coreless or not?

I would also appreciate confirmation of this, although I am certain that I have read somewhere that it is a coreless motor and statements to that effect made earlier on this thread have not been contradicted by Rapido.

• Agree 1

On 20/09/2023 at 10:40, RapidoCorbs said:

I can understand, from the photos the examples you have are particularly poor, we are really sorry about this and hope we can fix it for you.

Thank you Corbs, excellent service.  My 15xx with wonky number plate and a wobble was collected here on Wednesday and has been handed back by Royal Mail today, Saturday. 

53207626165_dbc0438591_o.jpg

I spent a lot of time moving wheels.  Dan at Accurascale appears to have done a better job, thank you.  I shall add a video when time permits.

Regards  Ray

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
On 22/09/2023 at 09:33, Captain Kernow said:

I'm also trying to find a good DC, non-feedback controller that can do the best by the modern coreless motors that Rapido use. 

As Ian Hargrave said yesterday, GM's, my panel mount GM series U simulator is especially good with my 3 coreless locos', and my opinion these coreless are far better than any of my 3 and 5 poles for controllability.

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, IOW O2 said:

As Ian Hargrave said yesterday, GM's, my panel mount GM series U simulator is especially good with my 3 coreless locos', and my opinion these coreless are far better than any of my 3 and 5 poles for controllability.

Thanks, that's interesting. I was also wondering if the Gaugemaster Combi can be used as a hand-held controller?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Edge said:

Sorry to say that my replacement model has its chimney missing and glue all over the place. Sent back for a refund - I’ll play the pre-owned market for one in the future 

Replacement from whom? Could they not have checked it for you first?

P

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Why not give them a ring/email for advice  ?  I think they do market a hand held controller as well. 

Yes, the W and it plugs into the rear of their 100M by a din socket.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Why not give them a ring/email for advice  ?  I think they do market a hand held controller as well. 

Thanks. I do in fact already have a Gaugemaster hand-held controller (both a non-feedback and a feedback one).

If the circuits in the non-feedback one are exactly the same as the Combi, then I won't need to get a Combi.

Perhaps a call or e-mail is the right way to go.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Edge said:

Sorry to say that my replacement model has its chimney missing and glue all over the place. Sent back for a refund - I’ll play the pre-owned market for one in the future 

Was that from us? I hope not, our team have been checking the replacements.

10 hours ago, Silver Sidelines said:

Dan at Accurascale appears to have done a better job, thank you. 

Dan kept the job move quiet! 😉 Glad it's been sorted.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Thanks, that's interesting. I was also wondering if the Gaugemaster Combi can be used as a hand-held controller?

I'm using mine as such, Tim. 

Rob

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Ive recieved my two from Kernow.

Lovely machines, one had two blobs of glue on, one by the cylinders, another on the side of the smokebox.

however a few minutes with a cocktail lifted it off without any trace.

i’m happy with both mine, I just need a circular disk with a number on now, to put on the lampiron.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1