Metro-Vick Type 2 Co-Bo - N Gauge

rapidoandy

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, rogerzilla said:

Where does the decoder go?  I  couldn't see an obvious location in the "body off" photos, so is the socket in an underslung battery box like the EFE Class 17?

There's a board in a socket just behind one of the cab ends (Co side), that would be where the decoder goes.

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, rogerzilla said:

Where does the decoder go?  I  couldn't see an obvious location in the "body off" photos, so is the socket in an underslung battery box like the EFE Class 17?

It replaces the circuit board on the left hand side in the photos in the review. 

Tom. 

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Brian-1c said:

Thanks for the review and pics Tom. Looks like plenty of space for a decent size stay alive array above the motor.

Should be more than enough room, although to be honest the performance was such that unless you’re doing super slow shunting over dead frog pointwork it probably doesn’t need any! 

Tom. 

Just looked at TMC where I pre-ordered from - they've got every model but the one I ordered - amazing.

Phone call tomorrow methinks, I don't mind changing to another version as long as it has sound.

Unless of course, they've got mine but no more cos I went for Green FYE with Sound....

Edited by woodenhead

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Bit miffed that Hattons have had their delivery of Co-Bos - but others like TMC and Rails are still awaiting, Kernow just showing their own special.

I want my Bo-Co Co-Bo Waaah Waaah Waaah  😆

In other news @Kevin Johnson if you want Conflat Ps from Hattons, they are almost sold out, though others will probably have them to pre-order.

I think the warehouse has been snowed-in when the pallets were due to be collected.

20 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Bit miffed that Hattons have had their delivery of Co-Bos - but others like TMC and Rails are still awaiting, Kernow just showing their own special.

I want my Bo-Co Co-Bo Waaah Waaah Waaah  😆

@woodenhead

This was posted on the N Gauge Forum yesterday, which might explain the issue with Rails: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52258.465

Afternoon all,

So the Rails shipment is sat in our warehouse through no fault of us or Rails. It is simply that the shipment is large enough to require a pallet. This was all picked and ready to be collected on Wednesday - but the collection was not made. It was rearranged for Thursday and again not made. After several phone calls we find their driver had run out of hours and being semi-rural had not made it to us. We were assured that a collection would happen on Friday - but you guessed it! A no show. We then rebooked with a new company for today - now we have lots of snow on the ground and with the access on a slope we deemed it not safe for a tail lift truck and have rearranged for tomorrow. I don't want to risk a product being damaged in the ice and snow.

Smaller deliveries have gone out by courier last week and some even today after the man from DPD walked down the road to get to us - and then shuttled back and forth with several boxes!

Its been very hard work for all of us and its frustrating for our retailers and particularly Rails - sadly there is just noting we can do. They will be with everyone as soon as we can. Direct orders we hope may go out today - we are waiting (in the VERY cold) for Royal Mail to see if they arrive - there are lots of parcels to go out and I'm dreading them not coming before the strike action later in the week.

Many thanks

Andy

Cheers

Neal.

3 minutes ago, Corbs said:

I think the warehouse has been snowed-in when the pallets were due to be collected.

I can confirm, the Rails shipment was picked up this evening, also a number of direct orders were also picked up. And yes the weather has been terrible down here, I had to abandon my car on my way home on Sunday night due to the snow, this photo was Monday morning... 472109038_2022-12-1210_24_12.jpg.574c45ae5e988179280f4e96b01ab559.jpg

However rest assured, the small Rapido warehouse team have worked their fingers to the bone to get these out as fast as possible.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, AlfaZagato said:

Yes, also by Rapido, and also just released.   They're called Conflat P.

If you're looking for prototypical rakes, I've seen mention of half-Condors with one 28 and a dozen or so Conflat Ps.

Just ordered these from hattons to go with my class 28. Conflat 'P' flat wagon in BR bauxite with Type A and BD containers in BR crimson - B933270

• Like 1

Just watched your video Jenny and there was a fascinating little twist at the end involving 97281.

I will let the viewers log in to it but I really hope Rapido UK sell them all.

In the meantime I will continue the pressure - OO Conflat Ps please Andy !!!

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Jenny Emily said:

My video on the 28 and Conflat P:

Just a point of (minor) information to add to your comprehensive video Jenny.

The nickname “Wonderloaf” was not because a foreman might wonder whether they’d start each day or not. Wonderloaf was a very early, if not the first, brand of mass produced ready-sliced bread on sale in the UK, and thus the first time that people had seen the now-familiar square, flat-ended, slightly rounded top shape of a mass produced loaf. A slice of Wonderloaf is almost exactly a lateral cross-section of a Co-Bo, and the so whole fugly thing thus looked like a Wonderloaf on wheels…

Nonetheless, I’ve got two on order!

RichardT

PS. A pedant writes…

<nasal voice> I note that you mention that this loco is “more commonly” known as a BR Class 28.  I doubt very much whether any of these locos were “known” as such, given that they were all gone long before TOPS was applied.  I know that the TOPS  class 28 was retrospectively applied to the surviving Research example, in one of those slightly pedantic tidy-minded classification exercises so beloved of the railway fancy, but as a genuine description of the class it’s completely anachronistic.  However, I know I’m fighting a losing battle here - see the constant mis-naming of “Deltic” as “DP1”, a reference never used by anyone in its entire service life. <\nasal voice>

Edited by RichardT
Adding a bit
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, rogerzilla said:

Rails have now charged me, so hopefully they don't use Royal Mail 🙄

They do use Royal Mail, thank goodness, instead of entrusting my parcels to some gig economy fly by night.  My notifications say that they are coming via the Tracked 48 service, which I believe are being prioritised for delivery during strike days.

RichardT