Rails have sent mine by DPD arriving today 

John

19 minutes ago, jbqfc said:

Rails have sent mine by DPD arriving today 

John

Mine too coming today by DPD.

• Like 1

Hi

My CoBos arrived today from C&M Carlisle via Royal Mail Special Delivery. Nice smooth-running and quiet models, and thanks very much to Mike for a swift delivery under the circumstances

Steve

Edited by stevea
(hit the wrong key before completing the message!)
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Tracked 48 doesn't get special treatment during strikes—only Special Delivery and Tracked 24. My Co-Bo, sent by Tracked 24 by Rapido on Monday, has finally made it to their local mail centre (Medway). It still has to get to me up in the North-East…

A couple of weeks ago I had two similar items dispatched to me on the same day—one by Royal Mail Tracked 48, one by EVRI (no doubt, one of those "gig economy fly-by-nights" as @RichardT charmingly puts it). EVRI arrived two days earlier than Royal Mail. 

As for DPD, they have liveried vans, a service with a countdown telling you which number order the driver is delivering and what number order yours is, showing the van on the map when it's reasonably close. All but one DPD Local delivery I've has this year has been the same driver, too… more than I can say for the Royal Mail.

Since moving to my current address 5 years ago I've only had one item go completely missing. The courier? Royal Mail.

1 hour ago, rogerzilla said:

Mine's coming Tracked 48.  Goodness knows what 48 means in the current situation!

Probably 4-8 days!

Mine is coming tracked 48, got a notification from TMC yesterday, but it's still not appearing on RM's database.  It won't have left TMC yesterday due to the strike, looks like if it was picked up today that it has still not been registered as being in their possession.

Oh well, it will arrive sometime.  At least it won't arrive cold like the curry I ordered for delivery last night, Mrs W wanted to complain.  I was a little more forgiving given the reason I didn't want to pick up was the awful conditions so someone else doing on my behalf was not going to get complained about.

3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Probably 4-8 days!

Mine is coming tracked 48, got a notification from TMC yesterday, but it's still not appearing on RM's database.  It won't have left TMC yesterday due to the strike, looks like if it was picked up today that it has still not been registered as being in their possession.

Oh well, it will arrive sometime.  At least it won't arrive cold like the curry I ordered for delivery last night, Mrs W wanted to complain.  I was a little more forgiving given the reason I didn't want to pick up was the awful conditions so someone else doing on my behalf was not going to get complained about.

FWIW I had a an order from TMC despatched Tracked 48 on 30 November. It didn't appear on the tracking data until 7 days later and was delivered the following day. One of the consequences of the strikes are pallets of parcels that are sitting waiting to be scanned into the system.

My Blue on arrived from Rails today. My RTC one is out there somewhere...

Got it on the rolling road just now. Seems pretty smooth and quiet. Sound makes sounds.

Some light bleed from the headlights into the cab, but they are set up to be brighter than the sun so that may be resolved with a bit of CV tweaking.

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Im seeing reports on facebook that theres only pickups on the Bo end? That cant be right surely?.

thats not true just tried mine picks up from both bogies 

John 

11 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Im seeing reports on facebook that theres only pickups on the Bo end? That cant be right surely?.

Just your typical Facebook rants from the ill informed. Who honestly thinks that an N gauge manufacturer would only use pickups from the Bo end on a new loco and then feel the need to make themselves looked stupid on social media? Same as those outraged and ranting at Rapido that it comes with no instructions only to be told to look under the foam insert then don't apologise. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, meatloaf said:

I can confirm that is Facebook Bollo*ks! 

Pick up is from all five axles. 

Tom. 

• Like 2

My first one received this morning (sound fitted) is of the utmost quality in every respect, I couldn't be more impressed with it. 

Massive thanks to Rapido for entering the British N scene, let's hope it is the start of many models from them.

I will be back for a 44 in due course.

Andy and Co, Please ignore the naysayers and remember that they are a very small but disproportionately vocal (and very often mind-bogglingly unreasonable) minority.

Roy

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Being rather familiar with them - both from the lineside and riding behind them in their Barrow days I think the model has brilliantly captured the appearance and 'bearing' of the real thing.  If they run as well as they look (no doubt they will) Rapido is to be congratulated for doing a superb job, really excellent (albeit in the wrong scale for me)

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Albie the plumber said:

Seen pics of the new 28's in Hornby mag .

Of particular interest to me was the Departmental red/ blue livery. 

Can we assume that livery to be fictitious to this loco ?

Correct, completely fictitious. D5705 did see use by the Research Division as S15705 in the tribology test train, but was replaced by a Class 24 before it could be painted into the red and blue livery. 

Tom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomE said:

Correct, completely fictitious. D5705 did see use by the Research Division as S15705 in the tribology test train, but was replaced by a Class 24 before it could be painted into the red and blue livery. 

Tom. 

Thanks Tom .

I thought that it might have been as I'm sure Heljan would have jumped on that one when they brought theirs out .

It does look very catching though .

Suits it well .

Picked mine up today along with a farish 31.

£186 for the 28 compared to £237 for the 31.

Very pleased with the 28. Only run up and down a few lengths of flexi so far but seems ok. For £186 with sound its a steal.

Do we know if its a zimo or an ESU decoder as the instructions dont say ( unless ive missed it )

Edited by meatloaf

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, meatloaf said:

Do we know if its a zimo or an ESU decoder as the instructions dont say ( unless ive missed it )

ESU. It is in the instructions under the 'How to fit a DCC Decoder' section. 

Tom. 

1 hour ago, Crepello said:

Not sure what you mean by that Roger. Can you clarify please.

They were apparently very solidly built and the electrics were reliable, but the Crossley engine was dire and availability was extremely poor.  Because the rest of the loco was good, BR actually got a quote from EE to re-engine them with uprated Class 20 prime movers (the 12-cyl engines wouldn't fit) but then decided to withdraw all the small troublesome diesel classes instead.

• Agree 1